EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: MD, Berlin - 9/9/2011 to 9/11/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freckles

Founding New York Chapter Leader-Retired
Re: Maryland Rally

We also made it home safe and sound (no break issues this time thank goodness). We had a BLAST at the mini-rally in MD. We could not have asked for better weather or better friends to hang with. It was nice after all the stress we went through in PA, our breakdown on the turnpike (Thank Goodness for Jim & Cheryl, they are great friends and came to our rescue more than once) to relax and destress in a beautiful campground by the sea. The only downfall is that it all ended to soon and we had to leave. Can't wait until next years full blown MD Rally, we would not miss it for the world.

See you all in Pine Grove in 2 weeks.

dieselsweetheart

Greg and Beth....happy to hear you had such a fun time...sounds like a nice cg and I'm looking forward to their rally next year as well. See you in 2 weeks buddy!! Oh, and of course we had to go back to Brickers on Saturday night... haha

mjatwalker

Retired MD Chapter ******s

We plan to make our announcement about our rally real soon. We are waiting on one piece of information first. However, it will definitely be at the Castaways and the dates will be Fri, Sept. 9 thru Sun. Sept. 11th, 2011. We look forward to having you join us.

porthole

Retired

Made it home without a hitch.

Any damage to the truck? :D

Home also, traffic not too bad, listened to the race a bit on the radio, then listened out the window as we passed by the track, then watched it on the DVR at home.

You know what is second best to going out for crabs and shrimp with the group was?

Having leftover crabs and shrimp re-steamed on the grill last night.

Great time, weather, food and group.

And then there was the flag line - John and Mary Ann - get a flag already will ya!

Castaways MD 09-2010_3.jpg

Clymer

Just arrived home around 3:00 today...Sunday really was not a bad day at all at OC the rained stopped when everyone left us :D and it was cloudy and windy but we had a great day on the boardwalk and had no problems parking or anything over in OC. Rain came later in the evening and this morning by 10:00am the sun was out......so we are home cleaned out and ready to re-pack for Pine Grove in 2 weeks...see ya'll then.

dieselsweetheart

Flags? Flags? You guys all got flags??? Wait till I tell the dieselengineer you all got flags and we don't! (actually, my sister-in-law's neighbor sells flag poles and told me to stop by anytime so I might just have to do that...see if he'll give me a good deal).

See y'all in Pine Grove!!

mjatwalker

Just arrived home around 3:00 today...Sunday really was not a bad day at all at OC the rained stopped when everyone left us :D and it was cloudy and windy but we had a great day on the boardwalk and had no problems parking or anything over in OC. Rain came later in the evening and this morning by 10:00am the sun was out......so we are home cleaned out and ready to re-pack for Pine Grove in 2 weeks...see ya'll then.

Glad the weather cleared up for you. You got some great pics! Hopefully, next Sept. will be just as good as Fri and Sat were this year. Wish you were coming to Mt. Airy. I'm expecting that to be a great event too; however, we'll see ya in Pine Grove.

mjatwalker

Flags? Flags? You guys all got flags??? Wait till I tell the dieselengineer you all got flags and we don't!
QUOTE]

Yeah, you better hurry or Duane is going to get on you! I'll bet John and Maryann are having theirs express mailed to them as we type.

porthole

Retired

Flags? Flags? You guys all got flags??? Wait till I tell the dieselengineer you all got flags and we don't! (actually, my sister-in-law's neighbor sells flag poles and told me to stop by anytime so I might just have to do that...see if he'll give me a good deal).

Yeah we got flags, and one didn't make the picture, Beth and Greg the flag police :)

cableman

Well we just booked our reservation for the MD rally next year. The only difference is we are going a week early and will see you guys when you get here. They gave us a spot in the heartland area for the whole time were staying.

dieselsweetheart

Wow Dan....go to the head of the class!!!! I am looking forward to hearing from the PA rally site owner today on rates...

wyealbert

Can you post the time and place for the rally next year?
Thanks!

Well we just booked our reservation for the MD rally next year. The only difference is we are going a week early and will see you guys when you get here. They gave us a spot in the heartland area for the whole time were staying.

Jim & Harriet

thanks for posting the dates for your 2011 rally. it really helps with the
calendar planning.
wish we were going to see you at Mt. Airy but our daughter has scheduled
some pre-wedding "stuff" for that weekend (she is getting married on
October 9th) and so we had to cancel our spot. see you all next Spring.
safe travels...

cjhicks

We have arrived home safe and very happy that we experienced another GREAT weekend at the hands of our Heartland Friends. Don't think I have laughed that much for a long time. John and Mary Ann are on the NJ Turnpike after dropping their trailer at Crossroads. Thanks to everyone and thank God for the weather we had. Can't believe we were at the pool and enjoying it at the end of September!

PS: Judy, I score that fall a 10. How big are the bruises? Have to admit you looked pretty funny crawling out of Mike's wheel well. All kidding aside, hope you are not hurting too bad today! You took the kidding like a trooper too!
Well, I figured we needed a little side show since I didn't have Mama along................I"m feeling good except I have a little PIA (pulled muscle in butt). Judy

mjatwalker

Okay it's official now--we've finally gotten all the information necessary and have posted our rally. Check out the link on the Portal page. Be sure to tell whomever you talk with at Castaways that you are booking for the MD Heartland rally in order to get the rally rate. We are excited. As said earlier, Castaways is a truly great cg and the staff has been a pleasure to work with. We are going to have a great time.

iforget

New Jersey Chapter Leader-retired

Great but Duane is on the Harley for several days on his annual trip to Maggie Valley NC. Communication isnt the best when he gets on his ..... I mean his bike. I will let him know that I expect our reservations to be made before he returns home..or else.

What a great time we had doing a test run with Mike and Ann. Couldnt have asked for better weather and my dogs give it a 4 paws up. What a nice dog friendly cg! BUT next door they have an ice cream shop at theirs so we either sneak in or ....sneak in... Campers all look the same..

Status
Not open for further replies.