EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: MD, Berlin - 9/9/2011 to 9/11/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbeletti

Re: Maryland Rally

The official 2011 Maryland Chapter Rally notice has now been moved into this thread. See post #1 for details. Mike and Ann will continue to post significant rally updates in post #1 as planning moves ahead.

Jim

Freckles

Founding New York Chapter Leader-Retired

Mike & Ann,

We loved Castaway's Cg !! The location is great !! This CG is top notch !!! Beth has always wanted to go to Assateauge island and see the pony's !! We got to see some and also a baby . Anyways, we made reservation for your rally !! We are coming in on Thursday the 8th and leaving Tuesday the 13th !! site # 179 . We are leaving Tuesday for Hershey HighMeadows CG for The huge Rv show to support the Heartland Owners table !! So make plans for the MD Rally and follow us to PA !! Looking forward to a great time!!

Last edited:

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired

Hey Kids,

Just made our reservation. We will be on site #180 and arriving Friday 9/9 and departing on Sunday 9/11. We have been known to extend our stay but we'll have to wait and see. That is the first week of school and John is not be allowed time off by his contract. We'll see when it get closer if we can work something out!

mjatwalker

Retired MD Chapter ******s

Hey Kids,

Just made our reservation. We will be on site #180 and arriving Friday 9/9 and departing on Sunday 9/11. We have been known to extend our stay but we'll have to wait and see. That is the first week of school and John is not be allowed time off by his contract. We'll see when it get closer if we can work something out!

That's great. Since John works for Monty Hall, I'm thinking his chances are good at working a deal!

hillsonwheels

Hi Ya'll!

Signed up for your get together today. Supposedly on site # 162. Will arrive on the 7th and depart on the 12th. Bring on the seafood!!!!!!!! :cool:

Dick

Jim & Harriet

we will be making our reservation in the next day or two. do we ask for the specific
site we want or is the CG assigning places or will you do that and post those here
on the forum?

mjatwalker

we will be making our reservation in the next day or two. do we ask for the specific
site we want or is the CG assigning places or will you do that and post those here
on the forum?

Harriet, Jim, & Max--The cg has been assigning sites as folks call. Once you've made your reservation, pls post your dates and site # so I can update the list. We look forward to having you guys join us. Max is going to love the dog area. They have a beach too if he likes swimming.

mjatwalker

Post 1 has been updated to include attendee list. If I've missed anyone, please let me know.

Jim & Harriet

Just made our reservation - site #192. Planning to arrive on Wednesday
and leave on Sunday. Max is looking forward to playing in the ocean!
We will bring his life jacket ... ;-)

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired

If Max likes to swim you will have a blast at the beach. The water may be warm enough for you too. I went swimming with Kelsey & Chance when we were there in September. It's a pretty nice little area for the pups to work it out in the bay.

mjatwalker

Glad you can make it. Max is going to love the beach. Maybe this will be the ice breaker for Max with Kelsey and Chance. They just loved swimming when we were there in Sept.

Jim & Harriet

Max really likes to swim, but I am not sure how he will do with
waves! He might need help from a friendly retriever!
We are really looking forward to this rally - everyone who has
been to Castaways likes it very much. Of course we will need
some "best-road-to-travel" suggestions.

Freckles

Founding New York Chapter Leader-Retired
Harriet,

Not much waves at the CG for Max's . We took our 2 dogs to Assateague island for some waves . The best thing was our outside shower , The boys both got baths to get all the sand off . Here is the link to Assateague http://www.nps.gov/asis/

Last edited:

Jim & Harriet

Max is a good little swimmer but he has never been in water with waves
so small waves will be fine. Good idea about the outside shower. Last
time I gave Max a bath I got as wet as he did!

mjatwalker

The Northeast Chapter Leaders have decided they would like to make difference, no matter how small, to the local community as a part of their rally agendas. Maryland's 2011 rally at the Castaways Campground has chosen the Worcester County Humane Society which is located right down the road from the campground. The shelter is in need of the following items:

Bedding (old towels, sheets, blankets, or quilts)
Toys (both dog and cat)
Purina dry dog, cat, puppy, and kitten food
Pedigree Beef canned dog food
Friskee's canned cat food
Bleach and liquid dish detergent for cleaning

They also take aluminum cans so we will be setting out several receptacles to collect your empty beverage cans.

We believe by adopting a charitable organization as a part of our rallies, we can further show what terrific people Heartlanders are.

Status
Not open for further replies.