EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: MD, Woodbine - 8/9/2013 to 8/11/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjatwalker

Retired MD Chapter ******s
Ann and I went to Leo's today and took them a banner for their showroom (their idea) and we came home with a very nice donation and some door prizes for our rally. They will also be bringing a new Heartland rig which will be on display for the weekend on site TR7. Thanks to Greg and Jackie Merkel and all the staff at Leo's for their support. DSC01034.jpg

Rottiesmom

New York Chapter Leader - retired
Ann and I went to Leo's today and took them a banner for their showroom (their idea) and we came home with a very nice donation and some door prizes for our rally. They will also be bringing a new Heartland rig which will be on display for the weekend on site TR7. Thanks to Greg and Jackie Merkel and all the staff at Leo's for their support. View attachment 25561

You sure you didn't come home with a new RV for yourself LOL

mjatwalker

We did some recalculating (reminds me of what our GPS says when we don't follow her instructions) and we will be providing fried chicken for the rally. We will still need our Heartland chefs to provide sides and dessert.

Please remember our Charity PapAdopters. When I was at Mercy Hospital last week (just for routine visit) Susan said they have several dogs requiring surgery so cash donations would be greatly appreciated. Susan will be joining us Saturday evening for dinner and will accept our donations then. She has repeatedly told me how grateful she is that we would support her cause. Looking forward to seeing everyone in
a few days! Safe travels.

Last edited:

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
I'm thinking the Walkers might try to sneak in a day early. If all the stars align right, there might be a chance.

mjatwalker

Bette and Lou are patiently waiting for all of us to arrive. Many will be coming in tomorrow (Thursday) and we will see what kind of trouble we can get into! Michael and I are looking forward to seeing everyone. For those planning on going to the winery on Friday, we will be meeting near the parking lot area just past the office at 11:15 a.m. and will caravan from there to the winery (a little over 12 miles). I would recommend buddying-up and carpooling where possible just to make the caravan shorter.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
You guys have 34 minutes to figure out how to stop this pouring rain before I get there. Please. What is it with Maryland?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

TGinn

Hello everyone....Sorry, to say. We had to call and cancel tonight. Camper is all loaded, but Jim went to adjust the brakes and there is none. He said.. "Guess our New York / Maine trip did them in". Hard to believe with only 3.5 years of pleasure trips. We are going to try and ride over on Saturday, for a quick hello and pick up an order that Leo's should have there for us.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Thanks to Lou & Bette Dick and Greg & Beth Dean for waiting for us to go to dinner. Had a very nice time at the Woodbine Inn and the food was very good.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Hello everyone....Sorry, to say. We had to call and cancel tonight. Camper is all loaded, but Jim went to adjust the brakes and there is none. He said.. "Guess our New York / Maine trip did them in". Hard to believe with only 3.5 years of pleasure trips. We are going to try and ride over on Saturday, for a quick hello and pick up an order that Leo's should have there for us.

No say it ain't so! I am sorry about your brake failure but glad you found out before something bad happened. We will miss you guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.