EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: MD, Woodbine - 8/9/2013 to 8/11/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrmagoo

Hi you two. Thanks for the offer about the tee shirt. "Flash" sez she prefers the mans shirt. We did have a great time in Goshen. We are now in WV for our annual high school reunion fun and foolishness. Don't know which is more fun..........a Heartland rally or the high school reunion......no matter it is a PARTY either way!!!!!!!!!! :cool::cool:

Mr Hill..... what the heck... haven't figured out the colors on your new ID yet?... just isn't the same with you typing in black and white.... LOL

mjatwalker

Retired MD Chapter ******s
Had a great time in Goshen and brought something new back with us. SURPRISE! Looking forward to seeing all you guys when we get to Woodbine. If you are ordering T-shirts please include us; a Men's Medium and a Ladies Large. Also, will there be transportation available to the winery for the wine tasting? Thanks, Jean Strub
Glad you had a great trip to Goshen and congrats on your "surprise" we will car pool to the winery it is close to the campground. Bring your clubs there are several courses near bye as well.

chkwgn

I'll definitely be begging for a ride to the winery as I do enjoy my vino. Absolutely thrilled with the new rig. Thanks, Jean

porthole

Retired
I have a question. Are we really being charged $5 a day extra for children?
If I did my math correctly, we have 20 rigs staying for an average of 4 nights at $47 a night. Seems a bit much when bringing that amount of $$$ into the campground.

Personally, as far as our group is concerned, I'd rather us all pay the .25 or .50 a night instead of singling out our few HL'rs with children.

Or better yet no surcharge given the group size.

dalspot

What bugs me is the campgrounds that allow two adults and two children per site, but charge extra for adult #3 when there are no children

Karen

mjatwalker

I have a question. Are we really being charged $5 a day extra for children?
If I did my math correctly, we have 20 rigs staying for an average of 4 nights at $47 a night. Seems a bit much when bringing that amount of $$$ into the campground.

Personally, as far as our group is concerned, I'd rather us all pay the .25 or .50 a night instead of singling out our few HL'rs with children.

Or better yet no surcharge given the group size.
We wish it wasn't so but that is there policy and we have to deal with it. They gave us a per night discount but keep the child fee in place. Sorry if you are offended by this but it's all part of booking a rally.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
We wish it wasn't so but that is there policy and we have to deal with it. They gave us a per night discount but keep the child fee in place. Sorry if you are offended by this but it's all part of booking a rally.

They will not budge, trust me. We are going for the rally, not the campground.

dix36

Hey there MrMagoo. Believe me having to type in black is bugging me! For some reason our laptop has taken charge and will not let me change the color even though I choose otherwise. As I am definitely keyboard/computer challenged I have no clue as to how to make the silly thing change its mind. Advice as to a fix would be appreciated. Hope you two are well!

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Hey Slicky! Many folks have had problems while using Internet Explorer. You can try downloading Google Chrome and see if that fixes things. It has fixed a lot for me. Good luck with that.

Flying Dutchman

Virginia Chapter Leaders - Retired
Hey there MrMagoo. Believe me having to type in black is bugging me! For some reason our laptop has taken charge and will not let me change the color even though I choose otherwise. As I am definitely keyboard/computer challenged I have no clue as to how to make the silly thing change its mind. Advice as to a fix would be appreciated. Hope you two are well!

Hey Dick, you need to select "advanced" reply, where you can select color, as well as font, even underline, or italics. Quit blaming the tool, you know it is usually the operator. LOL

On a separate note, we unfortunately have to cancel attending the MD rally. It seems our farmer son (the one with chickens and cows and plenty of vegetables) has an obligation away from his home, so for that week we officially become "farmer's" in his stead:rolleyes:. We will miss all of you, but hopefully will catch up with you at the PA rally. I know we will be missing a great rally, but I am counting on you and others to Rally-On!!

dix36

Boy howdy..........the lady knows her stuff! By the way, what are you doing up this late? :confused:

Eric..........I had already tried all that stuff. When trying to choose a color, the color grid slid over to left margin and would not accept a change. It had gotten to a point where the enter key wouldn't let me start a new paragraph either. Sorry to hear the Van Os won't be at the MD rally. We will try to take up the slack. :rolleyes:

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Boy howdy..........the lady knows her stuff! By the way, what are you doing up this late? :confused:

Well it was just a few short years ago that Jim B said "hyperlink" and I had no clue what he was talking about.

We are on our weekend schedules so we stay up a bit later than usual. Besides I had to stay up past bedtime so I could get the full effect of the new LED awning lights John installed last weekend. Love them for sure!

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk 2

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
I apologize oh Mighty Mod Master! I will take some pics tonight and post them in a new thread.

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk 2

mjatwalker

Hey Dick, you need to select "advanced" reply, where you can select color, as well as font, even underline, or italics. Quit blaming the tool, you know it is usually the operator. LOL

On a separate note, we unfortunately have to cancel attending the MD rally. It seems our farmer son (the one with chickens and cows and plenty of vegetables) has an obligation away from his home, so for that week we officially become "farmer's" in his stead:rolleyes:. We will miss all of you, but hopefully will catch up with you at the PA rally. I know we will be missing a great rally, but I am counting on you and others to Rally-On!!
Sorry you guys won't be with us you will be missed. Have fun on "The Farm"

Status
Not open for further replies.