EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: MD, Woodbine - 8/9/2013 to 8/11/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

MdMike

I hope you all have better luck at the Rally at Rambling Pines then I just did.

Long story short, my wife, who is a paramedic supervisor in a career Md. Fire Dept was assisting in a medical emergency at the campground this past weekend and was accosted and berated by the patients relative (not a legal guardian) and the owner who were insisting the patient need not go to the hospital. My wife, following Md. Law advised them that the minor needed to go unless a legal guardian or parent was to refuse services.

The ambulance came and took the child to the hospital as the Grandmother was not able to refuse services.

Now while all this was transpiring and the lifeguard and my wife were assisting the Pt., the lifeguard did not (as required under law) empty the pool until his attention could go back to those in it.

The owner accosted my wife and said "what sight are you in!" and implied like she was going to ask us to leave. The grandmother took my wife's information and threatened a complaint against her with her employer, to which my wife replied here is all of my information, as well as the numbers to call to complain and then left the pool.

With their lack luster approach to safety of people in their campground, they will never get another $$$ of mine!!

Enjoy!

mjatwalker

Retired MD Chapter ******s
I hope you all have better luck at the Rally at Rambling Pines then I just did.

Long story short, my wife, who is a paramedic supervisor in a career Md. Fire Dept was assisting in a medical emergency at the campground this past weekend and was accosted and berated by the patients relative (not a legal guardian) and the owner who were insisting the patient need not go to the hospital. My wife, following Md. Law advised them that the minor needed to go unless a legal guardian or parent was to refuse services.

The ambulance came and took the child to the hospital as the Grandmother was not able to refuse services.

Now while all this was transpiring and the lifeguard and my wife were assisting the Pt., the lifeguard did not (as required under law) empty the pool until his attention could go back to those in it.

The owner accosted my wife and said "what sight are you in!" and implied like she was going to ask us to leave. The grandmother took my wife's information and threatened a complaint against her with her employer, to which my wife replied here is all of my information, as well as the numbers to call to complain and then left the pool.

With their lack luster approach to safety of people in their campground, they will never get another $$$ of mine!!

Enjoy!
Sorry to hear of you bad experience. Not to make excuses for anyone but maybe it was a rough day for Vivian and she did not think it though before she responded. I am glad that the child was taken to the hospital and checked out to make sure everything was okay. Our relationship with the campground thus far has been very cordial and they have been agreeable to our requests. Perhaps it would be appropriate to give the cg a second chance as we would love to meet you and have you attend our rally.

mjatwalker

I know it is getting late to throw this out but we have had requests for t-shirts. And as we aim to please (lol) they will be available for the usual price of $10.00 each. We will also be providing men, women, and youth shirt sizes. Please let us know your size and quantity as soon as possible. Thanks.

PS Please see page 1 of this thread for a copy of our agenda as well as information about our charitable organization--PapAdopters & Placement Services.

murry135

New York Chapter Leaders - retired
Mike and Annie,

We could use 1 large and 1 XL. Can't wait to see you folks and rally.

dix36

Hey there........the Hill's would like two men's extra large shirts. Finally broke down and got my own email address.....don't know how to use it :confused: but I got it. :rolleyes: Hope all is well there!

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Hey there........the Hill's would like two men's extra large shirts. Finally broke down and got my own email address.....don't know how to use it :confused: but I got it. :rolleyes: Hope all is well there!

Wow Slicky you are becoming one of us!

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk 2

mjatwalker

We are doing very well thank you if "Flash" would like a ladies shirt we can make that happen. Hope all is good in Goshen.

mrmagoo

Mike & Ann,

Put us down for 2 shirts.
1 XL (mens)
1 XL (ladies)

Looking forward to seeing everyone....

dix36

Hi you two. Thanks for the offer about the tee shirt. "Flash" sez she prefers the mans shirt. We did have a great time in Goshen. We are now in WV for our annual high school reunion fun and foolishness. Don't know which is more fun..........a Heartland rally or the high school reunion......no matter it is a PARTY either way!!!!!!!!!! :cool::cool:

greatheron

MD Chapter Member
Ann & Mike,

Please put us down for two t-shirts.
1 - XL Ladies
1 - 2XL Men's

We will see everyone soon. We are heading to Trap Pond State Park in Laurel, DE for the 4th of July week:)

Connie and Craig

dalspot

Unfortunately, we are going to cancel. Daughter talked us into a beach trip for her birthday, which is that weekend. We were looking forward to seeing everyone. Next year! We will be doing a VERY early pre-rally (by ourselves) over at Seashore Campsites, as they gave us the same site we will have for the NJ rally.

Karen

chkwgn

Had a great time in Goshen and brought something new back with us. SURPRISE! Looking forward to seeing all you guys when we get to Woodbine. If you are ordering T-shirts please include us; a Men's Medium and a Ladies Large. Also, will there be transportation available to the winery for the wine tasting? Thanks, Jean Strub

mjatwalker

Unfortunately, we are going to cancel. Daughter talked us into a beach trip for her birthday, which is that weekend. We were looking forward to seeing everyone. Next year! We will be doing a VERY early pre-rally (by ourselves) over at Seashore Campsites, as they gave us the same site we will have for the NJ rally.

Karen
Karen and Tom, We will miss you guys have fun at the beach and we will see you down the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.