EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: MS, Southaven - 6/1/2012 to 6/3/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

superduty08

Tennessee Chapter Leaders
Nathan & Byrd, we had a great time at the rally, thanks for all you did to pull it off. We enjoyed meeting new friends and renewing older ones. Hope all have a safe trip home or to your next destination.

clubmgr

Heartland Owners Club Manager
Staff member
Re: EVENT: TN/KY Heartland Chapter Rally: MS, Southaven - 6/1/2012 to 6/3/2012

Thanks, Byrd and Nathan for a super rally. You did a fine job with everything. Thanks to the wonderful folks who attended. Hope to see all y'all down the road.

brauch

Camping Wife

Many thanx to Byrd and Nathan for another great rally. We had a great time catching up with old friends and making some new ones. We will be back on the road in the morning and will be stopping in route in the Kingston, TN area to spend some time with old friends from PA. Safe travel to all and hope to see you down the road.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired

We are home, getting in about 7:30, unpacked, eat supper and now washing clothes so Nathan can fly back out early tomorrow morning. Oh and the tire (yes we had a tire going flat on the truck before leaving the cg) held up without blowing-yea. It's heading to the tire store tomorrow afternoon.

What a great rally but it couldn't have been a great rally without the support of all of ya'll. Would like to thank all of those who helped me with the coach - Eric/Dorothy, Neil and Ed. Without your knowledge on setting up, I might still have been in the rain trying to figure out what's what.

Also we would like to thank Lee, Jerry and Ed for helping put on some great programs and spirital message. Hopefully everyone learned some new things which is alway fun. And the Bread Lady - Elsie - who brought enough bread so everyone had some to take home. HumHum Also a special thanks to Julie who was our photographer and Dave who will help post the pictures on the forum. Keep an eye out for his notice when he has gotten the time to post them in the next week or two.

Travel safely and Rally-on.

lmcclure

1st Tennessee Member#1084

arrived home around 5pm EST. We took the southern route through Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, and finally Tennessee. It was a great trip home. Thank you to Nathan, Byrd and all of the others that attended and made this Rally great. Linda and I are already looking forward to the next one (after a few days rest). Take care and safe travels to everyone wherever you are going. If you are in our area look us up either here in Spring City, Tn or Rockport, Tx.

MaryandSteve

Past Indiana Chapter Leader (Founding)
We'll Mary and I made it to Iowa about 5:45. Only one incident, a car ran over a blown tire and through it back at us and it hit the landing gear and broke the spring loaded pin off. The leg came down and drug the road until I could get over. Tied it up and got off the next exit at a Flying J. There was a rv Hauler in the parking lot that gave us a pin to put in and off we went. Mary and I would like to thank all of you for a great time at our first Rally.This confirms our Belief that we chose a great owners club to join.Travel safe going back home and we will see everyone next year. Thanks again.

Netem

Thanks Nathan and Byrd for a great rally and so glad we took the tour. we made it to Athens Al. and got unhooked about 5 min before the rain hit now I'm waiting for the tornado watch to expire so I can go to bed. Was great to meet some of our southern Heartland family. Oh and Mary and Hoyt from Indiana even though you don't have a state chapter I think any one of us would be proud to take you in.

jbeletti

Had our meet and greet tonight and like most Heartland rallies we had way to much good food. Have met alot of new Heartland friends here and Byrd is doing a great job even though Nathan hasn't made it here yet.

Neil, did you save room for dessert :)

Nabo

Hoyt - sorry to hear about your troubles with the road gators - bummer.

We have just ordered the hangers for your name tags which will take about 2 weeks. Once I get them, I will mail them to you.

We had a great time and thank everyone for coming. Hope to see ya'll soon at a future rally.

Flying Dutchman

Virginia Chapter Leaders - Retired
We made it home safely to Appomattox VA this afternoon, stopped overnight in Crossville yesterday. Wow!! Thought I was driving through Texas, seemed like we would never get out of Tennessee going from Memphis to Bristol. Thank you Byrd and Nathan for a great rally, we had a blast. It was also great meeting all, our Heartland family continues to grow. Until the next rally ...

dfk009

Well we rolled into Christopher, IL about 3:30 PM this afternoon safe, after a very enjoyable first time rally. Byrd and Nathan, thanks for all the work that you put into making this rally such a success! It was truly a pleasure in meeting everyone present, and making many new friends! Hopefully we can attend the 2013 KY/TN rally. BOBEMUZZY, you've got the gears churning in Carol's head about attending the 2013 AL. April rally. Hopefully we can make that one also. Best wishes, safe travel, and good health to ALL our new friends.

Carol & Don Kutscher

jjwink

We survived the terrible thunder and rain storm in Memphis last night and thought we had escaped it again this morning as we left the cg but it caught us about the time we hit I40 to head east. It rained so hard Jerry could only go about 25 mph. We stopped in Dickson TN to pick up our granddaughter and arrived home in Gallatin about 3pm. We had a super weekend with all our new Heartland friends and look forward to our next rally. Special thanks to Byrd and Nathan for all your hard work and to Ed for the wonderful message yesterday.

Netem

Still working our way home. we left Al. this morning and now set up at Victory RV in Paducah Ky for a couple of days then on to Mo. and home.

Nabo

Bummer about the weather Judy/Jerry but glad ya'll are home safe and sound. Enjoy the granddaughter. See ya in about 10 days up at the National Good Sam's Rally in Louisville.

So glad to have met you both Neil and Sharon and thanks for helping me with the Grey Ghost setup, especially since the weather was coming in. Travel safely and hope to see ya'll soon at a future rally.

davebennington

I have posted a few pictures in the Tennessee gallery, but here is the parting shot everyone has been waiting for.

dave

Attachments

• IMG_1069.jpg
    IMG_1069.jpg
    680.3 KB · Views: 25

Nabo

Thanks Dave - what a great picture.

Ok - I have a question for everyone. How many folks have their ankles eaten up? On Sunday evening and Monday, my ankles starting itching and by thursday, red spots starting showing up. Must have been those no-see'ms or chiggers having lunch at my expense.
B--

Nabo

I just checked out the pictures in the gallery and they are great. If you don't know how to get to them here's the steps.

1. on top of the tool bar, click the tab that says "Tools", then HOG (Heartland Owners Gallery)
2. on the left side you will see Rallies, click on the + sign
3. Click on the + sign for 2012
4. then click on the word Tennessee.

Our Photographer (Julie) did some really nice pictures of the group and individuals. They can be saved if you want a copy of any of them. Again - THANKS JULIE and of course Dave for posting them for all of us to share and enjoy. Great memories.

LINK to TN Pics :)

Last edited by a moderator:

superduty08

Tennessee Chapter Leaders
Sorry 'bout those chiggers. I guess we missed them. We have been busy this week as our new grandson arrived a day earlier than planned. All are well and going home today. We will go to St Jude Monday or Tuesday next week to deliever our donations. Thanks to all for your gifts.

Status
Not open for further replies.