EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: MS, Southaven - 6/1/2012 to 6/3/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

ncc1701e

Re: EVENT: TN/KY Heartland Chapter Rally: MS, Southaven - 6/1/2012 to 6/3/2012

Thanks Tom - I absolutely forgot about the pre-rally adventure to Tunica. If anybody wants to be included on the day trip, just respond here so everyone will know who wants to go.

Tennessee Chapter Heartland Owner Club Lantern - Jerry Winkle will be doing a workshop for those who would like to make a TN HOC lantern out of a 5 gallon bucket. They are really cool especially at night when it lit. What we need is a head count of who wants to make one so that we will have enough supplies on hand. There will be a cost (somewhere around $20-$25 because of the TN Chapter decals and the light supplies) but not sure of the total at this time.
View attachment 19309

Finally - I might be asking for help on Thursday when I get to the campground. Nathan's work might have him in another state that week so I will be bringing the Grey Ghost in by myself with the help of my co-pilot BamBam. Pulling the coach isn't the problem, setup might be!! So if someone is around the cg just waiting to have something to do Thursday afternoon, I might be asking for your assistance. Nathan will be flying in either Thursday night or sometime on Friday so a trip to the airport also might be order.

Thanks
Byrd

Count us in on the bucket... looks cool. If I remember correctly, the campground told me we were on Site #10. What ever help you need setting up we'll do our best to help. 270-635-3693 just ring when you're getting close to the campground and I'll be looking for you. I've found another pretty nice campground for us to consider in the future for a rally. If there is anything else you need help with during the rally just let Millie or myself know.

superduty08

Tennessee Chapter Leaders

Byrd, count us in on the lantern. We will come down Friday morning. Linda's last work day is Thursday.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired

Just a little over 10 days and things are moving fast. Right now we have 4 peoples who want to do the Hobo Lanterns - Eanes, Maisack, McClure and Comb. If anyone else wants to do them, just let us know so that supplies can be bought/on hand but anyone can come and watch.

Dave Yocum and Julie Hancock have graciously said that they will be the "official" rally photographers so be ready to say "cheese".

Update on Nathan's travels - he will be flying in somewhere around 9ish Friday evening so ya'll are just going to have to put up with me (heehee) til then. I will be bringing the Grey Ghost in hopefully early Thursday afternoon - thank goodness they have me in a pull-thru (YEAH).

B--

superduty08

Byrd, we just found out that grandbaby #8 is scheduled for 6/6/12 after the rally. So maybe we won't have to leave during the rally as we feared.

Nabo

I know ya'll are excited about grandbaby #8 and hopefully will see him/her soon after the rally but we all know how baby are - they have their own timing. Can't wait to see ya'll.

Nabo

Got ya down Craig for the Lantern. And thanks for being on stand-by on Thursday for set-up. As of right now, Flying Dutchman and I will be coming in together in that they are doing a stay-over at least Wednesday night here in Lenoir City before heading in.

Can't wait to see everyone again.

Nabo

1 week and count-down has begun. Weather forecast is to be in the low 80's and very low percent of rain. Thank goodness a little cooler than this weekend which was forecasted in the 90's in the Memphis area. Everyone travel safely.

lmcclure

1st Tennessee Member#1084
Linda and I are at Long Branch Recreation Area at the base of Center Hill Dam. This is a COE park and is great. We will leave here on Wednesday morning and travel to Southhaven. It is about 265 miles from here so hope to get through Nashville and Memphis before the crowds. We will be traveling on I-40 to 55. If you see us in the Sundance holler at us on CB
Channel 13. See you there. Have safe travels.

MaryandSteve

Past Indiana Chapter Leader (Founding)

We are at home finally, getting everything ready to go. We will be leaving Tuesday morning going out I70 to I57 to I55. We are going to divide the trip up stopping in Sikeston Mo, then down to Southaven on Wednesday See everyone there.

dfk009

We are at home finally, getting everything ready to go. We will be leaving Tuesday morning going out I70 to I57 to I55. We are going to divide the trip up stopping in Sikeston Mo, then down to Southaven on Wednesday See everyone there.

Hoyt & Mary,

You'll be coming right past us on I-57, mile marker 71 (Benton, IL). We are pulling out early Thursday to go through Sikeston, to get on I-55 for Southhaven. See you there, as we are in pad #9.

Don & Carol

MaryandSteve

Don & Carol We will be at Boomland Tuesday night. Then head in to Southaven. I think they told us pad #4. see you there.

Nabo

We are sorry that John and Carol Zurn can not make the rally due to illness. We wish them the best and hope to cross paths with them soon.

MaryandSteve

Well plans have changed! While getting ready to go our refrigerator decided not to work, Although it worked up until the time I hooked up the truck and moved the RV. Called Tammy at E Z Daze and she told me about a mobile mechanic near them. So we will be headed straight to Southaven in the morning. Hope we can get it fixed there. So we will be there tomorrow afternoon. What a way to start out going to our first rally.:rolleyes:

Nabo

Oops - sorry to hear about the refrig. There is also a Heartland dealership right next door to the campground called Southhaven RV Center. They have a service dept there so maybe they can help out. We tried to have them as a partner for the rally but couldn't work things out :(. Travel safely.

lmcclure

1st Tennessee Member#1084

Sorry to hear about John and Carol Zurn, they are great people. We had the pleasure of breaking bread with them in Texas over the winter. Hoyt don't worry about the fridge, Lots of people will volunteer their fridges for the food. You might not get it all back but they will treat it with respect. This is a eating group. lol Safe Travels.

Nabo

Hey Barb/Ed - how's the new Greystone coming??? Can't wait to see it.

superduty08

Just an update on the perfect weather for the rally. Thursday is the only chance of rain with a high of 86. Friday with a high of only 76 and low of 58. Saturday is a high of 82 and low of 68. Sunday gets back up to 89. This must have been ordered just for the rally because we have had over 100 heat index yesterday and 96 temp today. If rallies cause this weather, we could use more of them in the Mphs area.

Nabo

Yea - glad to see the weather break a little. Thanks for the update.

Status
Not open for further replies.