EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: Mt. Airy, NC - 10/1/2010 to 10/3/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Jim and Judy, We are glad you made it home safely and that you chose to be at the rally.We really enjoyed it and are looking seeing you guys again.. Stay safe and dry and we will see you down the road.

mntnman

Past Chapter Leader, SC and KY
Hey everyone, we've added the German Chocolate Upside Down Cake recipe to the recipe forum for those of you who ask for it on Sunday evening. Dale and I had a wonderful time and enjoyed getting to know everyone better. Hopefully we'll see everyone at the next rally.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Deb and I made it home around 6:00; several stops along the way and a slight detour (John B - where did you find that map?!). We had a great time!

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Sam and I are so glad that our "early" departures have made it safe and sound.
We pray that everyone will have a safe trip.

Thank you for all who came and enjoyed the cool mountain air.

Thank you to Terry and Renee for a great rally!
Thans for Nathan and Bird, John and Deb, Mike and Ann, Gus and Debra, Eric and Hallie, Kevin and Nelly, Eric and Dorothy, Dale and Michelle and everyone who brought food and had a part on putting on this rally.
A special thanks to Dave and Julie for all their hard work...

jhyatt, so glad to hear it was just a false alarm on your house.
Randy, maybe the next time the weather will cooperate to use the scope.
Dick, thanks for the peppers. Love them.
Dale, it was so good talking with your parents about workamping and fulltiming. Great folks who love what they do!

For every one who signed up with the HOC, you have made a great decision. Hope to see all you guys at another rally.

We are looking forward to the next NC/ SC rally at 4 paws and the Eastern Rally at Cherokee.

Once again, thank you for everyone who came to the Mayberry rally...it was good seeing all our friends and make new ones. :)

MICKEY

Past Florida Chapter Leader
Terry, Renee, Larry, Sam;
Thanks for such a great rally. We met a lot of good folks, made some new friends, and picked up some new recipes. We got home about 8:45 with no problems. Looking forward to seeing you guys again.

Mickey

We had a great time and would like to thank everyone for their hospitality. We enjoyed meeting everyone and hope to see y'all again. Special thanks to Terry, Renee, Larry and Sam for all their hard work. You did an awesome job with the rally!!
Sam--we made a trip to the campground office to buy the girls a bottle of apple cider before we left this morning!!!
Hudson and Tracy--here's a message to Emma from Melinda and Joanna: "BYE! BYE!"

trdeal

Deb and I made it home around 6:00; several stops along the way and a slight detour (John B - where did you find that map?!). We had a great time!
We are glad you guys made it home safely and that you chose to attend the rally.It was great to see you again. Thanks also for the tour of your new "Home away from home."See you down the road.

trdeal

Hey everyone, we've added the German Chocolate Upside Down Cake recipe to the recipe forum for those of you who ask for it on Sunday evening. Dale and I had a wonderful time and enjoyed getting to know everyone better. Hopefully we'll see everyone at the next rally.
Thank you guys for choosing to be with us.It was great to see you again.Have fun and have a safe trip home.

trdeal

Terry, Renee, Larry, Sam;
Thanks for such a great rally. We met a lot of good folks, made some new friends, and picked up some new recipes. We got home about 8:45 with no problems. Looking forward to seeing you guys again.

Mickey
Mickey,it was great to meet you and Bonnie and spend some time with you.Be safe and we are looking forward to seeing you again.Glad you made it home safely.

trdeal

We had a great time and would like to thank everyone for their hospitality. We enjoyed meeting everyone and hope to see y'all again. Special thanks to Terry, Renee, Larry and Sam for all their hard work. You did an awesome job with the rally!!
Sam--we made a trip to the campground office to buy the girls a bottle of apple cider before we left this morning!!!
Hudson and Tracy--here's a message to Emma from Melinda and Joanna: "BYE! BYE!"
Luke, we really enjoyed meeting you and your family.We are glad you chose to be with us.You have some sweet ,very well behaved girls.We are looking forward to seeing you again real soon. Stay in touch and we will see you down the road.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Waking up half way home. Spent the night in Bowling Green VA and taking John and Mary Ann over the "NICE" Bridge today! We really like this travel better than I-81. Much less truck traffic and less stress. Heading home this morning after breakfast.

Gus, I found that map shortly after we lost NC 103. I have now been places I would normally never be and have "no intention" of going back! Glad you guys made it onto 58 Bypass. By the time we realized what had happened we couldn't whoa up enough to make the turn and wound up touring Martinsville. It's all part of the masterplan to see as much of the country as we can.......yeah right.......that's it........the masterplan......sounded good though!!

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Waking up half way home. Spent the night in Bowling Green VA and taking John and Mary Ann over the "NICE" Bridge today! We really like this travel better than I-81. Much less truck traffic and less stress. Heading home this morning after breakfast.

Gus, I found that map shortly after we lost NC 103. I have now been places I would normally never be and have "no intention" of going back! Glad you guys made it onto 58 Bypass. By the time we realized what had happened we couldn't whoa up enough to make the turn and wound up touring Martinsville. It's all part of the masterplan to see as much of the country as we can.......yeah right.......that's it........the masterplan......sounded good though!!

I made up for it when we hit Danville and I accidently took Business 29 instead of the bypass. Oh well - gave us a chance to find a place to pull over and make a sandwich. Have a safe journey home.

SouthernNights

Deb, glad the yankee contingent is making home safe. Tell John and Mary Ann hi for us.

We made it home before noon and I went to work. Now I am wondering WHY I went to work...YUK

mjatwalker

Retired MD Chapter ******s
I am very happy to say we had a very uneventful trip home. Sam and Larry, Renee and Terry we had a great time at your rally. We enjoyed the winery tour as well as Mt. Airy. It was so nice seeing old friends again and meeting new ones too. I just love Heartlanders--it just doesn't get any better. Looking forward to seeing everyone real soon again. To those of you still travelling--be safe.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
2nd leg of the Mt. Airy journey is complete for us. We are home safe and very happy that we were able to get together with "all y'all" Thanks to everyone for the great time. Life just doesn't get any better. Terry, Renee, Larry & Sam - Great Job!!!! Thank you!

MrsSouthernNights

I hope this sums up this past weekend:

We're in Mayberry Campground,
and so glad that you are here,
It's said the home of Andy,
Barney Fife, Eng and Chang lived near,
Some call us Rallyholics,
We laugh cause it's so true!
It's great to see eachother,
even if just a weekend or two.
for those of you who know us,
for those who are brand new,
This is our camping rally,
It's what we like to do!
Some sites don't match exactly,
That's the fun of it you see,
where else could they have put us,
Just close to my friends if you please!
If there's someone you don't know here,
I'm sure by rally's end,
You'll have met and talked and had a laugh,
and will become such good friends.
We ate and laughed and had some fun,
Played games and gave away some stuff,
Now we're packing to go home,
We think it's not been long enough!

I want to say thank you to EVERYONE - pot luck dinners were awesome! All the help we had was super!
We also had our "FIRE KING" Kevin keep up warm on the chilly nights! The campground even supplied the fire wood!
We discovered that Hudson and Tracy have their own "zip code" for that new Cyclone! LOL
The doughboys were soooo fun thanks to Terry and Renee! And pizza yummy pizza! Then home made doughnuts Sunday morning!
We had so much help this rally rocked! We could not have pulled this off without everyone helping!
We added 5 new Heartland Members!!!!! how awesome is that??? We had 31 rigs and even had a Big Horn that joined us for a night or two!
Can't wait untill the next rally!

trdeal

2nd leg of the Mt. Airy journey is complete for us. We are home safe and very happy that we were able to get together with "all y'all" Thanks to everyone for the great time. Life just doesn't get any better. Terry, Renee, Larry & Sam - Great Job!!!! Thank you!
John and Deb, Thanks for driving the miles to join us in Mayberry this past weekend.Glad you guys made it home safely.It was really good to see you both again.As always we had a great time. See you latter

trdeal

I hope this sums up this past weekend:

We're in Mayberry Campground,
and so glad that you are here,
It's said the home of Andy,
Barney Fife, Eng and Chang lived near,
Some call us Rallyholics,
We laugh cause it's so true!
It's great to see eachother,
even if just a weekend or two.
for those of you who know us,
for those who are brand new,
This is our camping rally,
It's what we like to do!
Some sites don't match exactly,
That's the fun of it you see,
where else could they have put us,
Just close to my friends if you please!
If there's someone you don't know here,
I'm sure by rally's end,
You'll have met and talked and had a laugh,
and will become such good friends.
We ate and laughed and had some fun,
Played games and gave away some stuff,
Now we're packing to go home,
We think it's not been long enough!

I want to say thank you to EVERYONE - pot luck dinners were awesome! All the help we had was super!
We also had our "FIRE KING" Kevin keep up warm on the chilly nights! The campground even supplied the fire wood!
We discovered that Hudson and Tracy have their own "zip code" for that new Cyclone! LOL
The doughboys were soooo fun thanks to Terry and Renee! And pizza yummy pizza! Then home made doughnuts Sunday morning!
We had so much help this rally rocked! We could not have pulled this off without everyone helping!
We added 5 new Heartland Members!!!!! how awesome is that??? We had 31 rigs and even had a Big Horn that joined us for a night or two!
Can't wait untill the next rally!
Very well said Sam. We had a great time.And we can't wait to do it again. Is it April yet?

hillsonwheels

Hi to all........the Hills are back at the "mudhole" in VA. Had an uneventful trip back. Someone must've let the cat out of the bag about Reta having her finger on the trigger of the twin .50s?????:rolleyes: Glad we were there and "gladder" that all you folks were there too. And............a good time was had by all!!!

Allyall keep smilin' ya heah?

Dick

Status
Not open for further replies.