EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: Mt. Airy, NC - 10/1/2010 to 10/3/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Like Larry said. Fall is here. Here is the extended forcast for Mount Airy for next weekend.

Oct 01
30.gif
Partly Cloudy
High 75°F
Low 50°F
Precip 10 %
http://www.weather.com/outlook/driv...ahoo.com&cm_ven=Yahoo&promo=extendedforecast#
Saturday
Oct 02
30.gif
Partly Cloudy
High 72°F
Low 49°F
Precip 20 %
http://www.weather.com/outlook/driv...ahoo.com&cm_ven=Yahoo&promo=extendedforecast#
Sunday
Oct 03
32.gif
Sunny
High 70°F
Low 47°F
Precip 0 %
Monday
Oct 04
11.gif
Showers
High 68°F
Low 48°F
Precip 40 %
Tuesday
Oct 05
34.gif
Mostly Sunny
High 71°F
Low 45°F
Precip 10 %

Randy

Founding Georgia Chapter Leader (Ret)
Terry, Glad to see that you got the weather to to seem like fall. It was 90 here yesterday.
Santha is taking Tuesday off so we plan on arriving that evening.
Larry, I have all the cobwebs off of the telescope and all the software updated.

trdeal

Terry, Glad to see that you got the weather to to seem like fall. It was 90 here yesterday.
Santha is taking Tuesday off so we plan on arriving that evening.
Larry, I have all the cobwebs off of the telescope and all the software updated.
Randy I would like to take the credit for this cooler weather,but I really can't.This 90 degree weather has been around for a while now.We have rain and cool here this morning. Has been very dry. I am planning on arriving Wednesday afternoon,but I will have to drive back to work on Thursday.Renee will be there Thursday afternoon.Looking forward to seeing you there.Have a safe trip and if you need anything along the way let me know. I will send you a pm with my cell number.

trdeal

Ok,all you rally goers. I thought of a couple things today that might be of interest to you. Mount Airy is just a few miles away from the campground.You will find grocery stores, fuel and other shopping.There are also some nice resturants and a Lowes. The town of Mayberry is also nearby.
In the office of the campground you will find some interesting reading on the walls about the area where the campground stands. Everyone have a safe trip,and we will see you there.

f250dieseldad

Fueled the truck, hooked up the Bighorn. Checked air pressure in tires and all my other checks. Ready as soon as Queenie gets home.

kwolbeck

Past Heartland Ambassador
12 rigs already here at Mayberry. Wow, what a sight to pull in and see such a great turnout a couple days before the official start of the NC/SC rally. Oops, just looked out the window, the number is now 13.

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
We wish eveyone who is traveling tonight and tomorrow safe driving. The weather is going to be a little wet on the coast but hopefully will dry out as you get inland.

Kevin is right about alot of rigs here when we pulled in.

Got to see a new Sundance XLT and a new Greystone. Beautiful trailers.
See everyone here.

troybilt71

truck attached to trailer and ready to roll. as soon as bryson is fed and ready to travel we will be rolling tomorrow. should be there around lunch time thursday.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
We're going to try to be on the road by 2:00pm tomorrow. Were planning on stopping and spending the night on the way down originally, but we may be able to make it all the way. Think we'll be able to get in our site late Thursday evening?

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
we are doing the same thing - leaving around 5:30 pm thursday for at least a 4 1/2 hour to 5 hour drive. It looks like about midnight for us. B--

trdeal

Everyone please drive carefully.We need you at the rally.I just saw the weather and the rain should be out of here by Thursday afternoon and then on Friday, Here Comes The Sun!

Flying Dutchman

Virginia Chapter Leaders - Retired
Sun would be nice as we are having some torrential downpours. Wish we could be there already, but Dorothy has a late "must do" appearance here in town Thursday evening. We will pull out Friday morning and hope to see all of you around lunch time. This will be our last rally, .... well our last rally in our Sundance. We head for Sarasoto, FL on Monday to deliver the Sundance to the new owners, Randy and Karen Crete (floridarandy on the forum). See all ya'll real soon.

trdeal

Looking forward to it Eric and Dorothy, Drive safe and we will see you soon.

SouthernNights

For evryone wanting to come a day early, I dont think sites will be a problem. They have had to switch a couple sites already, but nothing bad, just trying to accomadate another group coming in on Sunday.

Safe driving to everyone....gonna be a beautiful sunny weekend.

MrsSouthernNights

HPIM1828.jpgHPIM1827.jpgEarly arrivals....:)
A couple of pics of pre-rally arrivals ! check out the shot with the sun coming through! Taken just after a rain storm and the sun was peeking through the clouds! awesome what the camera caught!

SouthernNights

Oh this looks like rally folks! Almost all here! Hudson where they takin you????? LOL top of the hill!!!! :) (some say that rig has it's own zip code!!!!)
HPIM1850.jpgHPIM1849.jpgHPIM1854.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.