EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: Mt. Airy, NC - 10/1/2010 to 10/3/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

hillsonwheels

Hey Folks,

Count us in. We've contacted Mt. Airy campground (Lynn Cain) for our reservations. We'll arrive on 30 SEP.

Will have our level up and triglide installed by then. :cool:

Keep smilin'

Dick

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
That is great news Dick and Reta. Be looking forward to seeing you and your level up and your triglide there!

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Dick,
I want to see your Level Up. We have looked at several conversions and really starting to think about it. Is yours automatic? and can you get it automatic with a remote? and can you operate it manually even if you have the remote?

We did get our triglide this past week and tried it this weekend. I have all of about 200 miles experience with it now. So far can really tell a differerence with it especially over bridges. As we get more experience I am sure we will find more things we like about it.

davebennington

This is just a reminder for everyone who has NOT placed their order for t-shirts, time is growing short.

September 1st is the cutoff date.

Dave

MICKEY

Past Florida Chapter Leader
Re: EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: NC, Mt. Airy - 10/1/2010 to 10/3/2010

Larry;

Did you get the food worked out or you still working on it?

SouthernNights

Larry;

Did you get the food worked out or you still working on it?

Mickey and everyone else....
We are in good shape with the food. A few dozen more eggs would be nice but everything else is covered including the cookers and the pots.

Terry and Renee are supposed to talk with Mother Nature and make sure she cooperates.

trdeal

Mickey and everyone else....
We are in good shape with the food. A few dozen more eggs would be nice but everything else is covered including the cookers and the pots.

Terry and Renee are supposed to talk with Mother Nature and make sure she cooperates.
Yep! We put our order in yesterday. Cool,crisp days,plenty of sunshine, and beautiful,brightly colored leaves. How does that sound?

trdeal

Just another reminder, we still have sites available for the fall rally. If you are thinking about joining us come on and make your reservation. You won't be sorry. We are going to have a great time.

hillsonwheels

Larry.........sorry for the delay in answering your post. Lotsa water under the dam. Death of a friend, Reta's brother's illness, her worry about her dad and a trip to FL.........I'm sure you get the picture.

Couldn't be happier about the levelup system!

The whole thing is automatic with touch of buttons in the external battery/slide out control bay. They do offer a remote control set up ($500) which was too pricey for me. Might take that money and put it toward airbags? If installed, you can control all the level up and slide processes by remote. Could not see where it was worth the bucks.

Be glad to give you and Sam the tour in Mt. Airy.

Have had same basic pleasant experience with the tri-glide. Anyone wanting to find a rough road to test it out should try a before and after run on the WV turnpike! How that rough piece of road meets interstate standards is way beyond this ole boys kin. :mad:

Hope all's well on your end. Still looking at full timing?

Dick

davebennington

Hi All,

It is about time to place the order for the Mount Airy NC-SC t-shirts. So if you have not sent me you order for t-shirt as of today you only have 2 days left to place your order. Send me your sizes and if you want a mans or womens shirt and I will get it ordered in time form the rally.

Thanks,

Dave

Hudson

Alright, everyone who was at the Virginia rally this weekend knows that I still hadn't signed up for the NC rally. Well, now I am signed up. Don't know our site number (they didn't even ask how big our rig is) but we're coming in on Thursday and staying through Monday. If we like it we might stay longer and go directly to the PA mini-rally ... but then again, the drive from Mayberry to Hershey takes us right past our house anyway.

Dave, we need three tee-shirts: a mans XL for me, a ladies M for Tracy, and for Emma we'll need the smallest ladies shirt available (if you do have kid's sizes, then Emma needs a kids medium). The check for $30 will be dispatched to you momentarily.

SouthernNights

Hudson, wow, glad you guys could join us. I know it is a ride for you. The campground will not assign sites (or even take a deposit) but we are trying to do that for everyone based on the rig size---and you got a monster!
We will get you on the map-see the first post-tonight.

Mary Ann and John Proto from Brooklyn NY are also joining us. Looking forward to meeting you guys.

trdeal

Hey Hudson,
It is about time. Glad you have decided to join us for the fall rally.It will be good to see you guys again.

Mary Ann and John Proto,
Renee and I are glad that you have decided to join us also. It will be great to meet you.We have put our order in for some cool,crisp weather.With plenty of sunshine and some beautiful colors on the leaves. Regardless of the weather we will still have a great time because we are going to be with a great bunch of people.

SouthernNights

Mike, we are at 31 rigs right now. Man you guys are going to be busy saying "Howdy" to everyone...LOL :)

Dave Yocum just emailed me these pictures. They are on the Mayberry campground website. This was the "scouting" crew for this campground. it was actually started with Tim and Deb Fodrie. Unfortunatley, family issues came up and they were unable to attend.

Looking from the right you have Dave and Julie, Eric and Dorothy, larry and Sam, Terry and Renee.
Memorial%20Day%202010%20030.jpgMemorial%20Day%202010%201009.jpg

let me tell everyone what kind of place we are going to. We were there over Memorial Day holiday.

On Saturday morning, the camp staff came to everyone's site and invited them to a picnic that afternoon. The campground provided burgers, dogs, chips, drinks, etc. And if that was not enough, the owner is related to the singing gospel group "The Easter Brothers" They were in town that weekend so he talked them into giving a concert while everyone enjoyed the picnic. ALL AT NO CHARGE. The owner just wanted to thank everyone for being at his campground.

Is that any way to run a business???? You bet it is and his reward is over 30 rigs coming for a rally. See, it pays off being a nice guy.

trdeal

Larry, you beat me to it. This is a very nice campground,with good people owning/running it. Like Larry said, treat your campers right and the rallies will come.It is a beautiful area.

mjatwalker

Retired MD Chapter ******s
Nice guys do make out. I have a wonderful story to share with you about that when I see you at Mayberry.

SouthernNights

Nice guys do make out. I have a wonderful story to share with you about that when I see you at Mayberry.

If it involves Jake the Snake i want to hear about it. I gotto find out what he is all about.

I think....

Well maybe i dont.....not sure I am up to all that..LOL

trdeal

Larry and Sam, and Renee and I are very excited about the response to the fall rally at Mayberry. 31 rigs is very impressive.We are very much looking forward to seeing each and every one of you.
If you are planning on attending and haven't made your reservations yet,only 4 sites remain open.So as they say Hurry,Hurry,Hurry!

Status
Not open for further replies.