EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: Mt. Airy, NC - 10/1/2010 to 10/3/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

davebennington

I am so looking forward to going back to Mayberry campground. When the owner spoke with us his plans were very aggressive to say the least, some of the things he wanted to get accomplished were a pool, a bath house, laundry, and increase the number of sites to 300. Anyone taking bets on how much he has done?

As a final reminder if you want a rally t-shirt email or PM me with the quantity and sizes so I can include it in the order that I will be sending off to Brad.

Dave

We are interested in attending the chapter rally at Mt. Airy. However, we are not currently members. What do we need to do to attend?

Luke Thompson
Salisbury, NC

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Follow THIS LINK and contact the event leader.
Actually page one of this thread.

Peace
Dave

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Hi Luke, Welcome to the forum.

Call Mayberry and make a reservation.
I see you have a NT 28' We are trying to assign sites based on rig size. The campground will not do it.

Once you have made your reservations, let us know.

I would urge you to join the HL Owner's club. Many benefits to it but it is not necesary to come to the rally.

Once again, welcome to the forum and hope to meet you in Mt. Airy

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Hey Luke
It is good to see some more NC people in a Heartland product and on the forum. Renee and I are almost your neighbors.We live between Statesville, NC and Wilkesboro NC.We certainly hope that you decide to join in Mayberry for the fall rally.We are looking forward to meeting you.We are camping at Green Mountain Cg in Lenoir,NC this weekend and it has been nice and cool.These NC mountains are really nice in the spring and fall.If we can help you in any way please let us know.

We made our reservation today for the Mt. Airy rally. We hope to be there by noon Friday, but if work permits we may try to come in on Thursday afternoon late. We are looking foward to our first Heartland Rally.

Luke

trdeal

Luke, That is great.Glad you could join us. We will do our best to make sure you have a good time and to also make sure that your first rally won't be your last.

SouthernNights

I am so looking forward to going back to Mayberry campground. When the owner spoke with us his plans were very aggressive to say the least, some of the things he wanted to get accomplished were a pool, a bath house, laundry, and increase the number of sites to 300. Anyone taking bets on how much he has done?

As a final reminder if you want a rally t-shirt email or PM me with the quantity and sizes so I can include it in the order that I will be sending off to Brad.

Dave

Dave, when Sam called there yesterday and talked with Lynn, the inspector was there to check out the water service on the new sites.

How about that??!!I dont know if he put in all the sites or just cut that hill back on the other side of the lake-but either way it sounds like he is making progress.

I bet this guy doesnt let too much grass grow under his feet.

PSF513

Did Sam make sure that inspector would be there when you pulled in to check your shots record? Or was it the game warden she was calling for when I showed up? Anyway, we still don't know if Deb is getting the Friday off so I may be solo that weekend. That means that I will need more assistance than usual with the backing up, washing dishes, making the bed. However, I know where the refrigerator, cooler, and bathroom are so I'll probably be OK.

Nice picture with your signature. I'm sure glad you did not try to get yourself in also. No way to compress a picture file that much.

See you guys on Thursday afternoon.

SouthernNights

I will be happy to make fun...I mean offer assistance to you while backing up. :D

As far as the signature and me not in it...I will have you know that I am shrinking!! I will have to give back the Jr. Samples overalls now...

Flying Dutchman

Virginia Chapter Leaders - Retired
What inspector? ... Who's shrinking? ...
Sounds like an interesting (if not exciting) rally coming up.

PS
I am glad to know that Pete can find the bathroom:p

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
You guys are too much!! Please remember we have grown in size, from 32' to 38'. See you there (and some of you next weekend in VA Beach).

SouthernNights

You guys are too much!! Please remember we have grown in size, from 32' to 38'. See you there (and some of you next weekend in VA Beach).

We have taken that into account and have decided that you can park sideways in your site, thus leaving enough room to park your truck!

trdeal

October the 1st is almost here and Renee and I are getting really excited. We are looking forward to seeing all of our Heartland friends and meeting some new ones.We still have sites available so if you have not made up your mind to attend, come join us.You won't be sorry. There is nothing like a good Heartland rally to get your fall season started off right.If we can be any help to you please send us a pm or an email.Terry and Renee

SouthernNights

As Terry pointed out, the time is very near for our Rally.

It seems the order Terry and Renee have put in for the good weather is coming true also. As of right now, low to mid 70's and even a night down to 48. WooHoo. Fall weather is here!!!! We all know once the the Weather Channel predicts the weather-it NEVER changes.
I can not wait. it has been in the mid 90s all week here.

I would also like to urge EVERYONE that has not taken advantage of the benefits of the Heartland Owner's Club , to see Dave Yocum while you are there.
Dave ,Julie and Roxy are on site #31. They will have membership signup info. with them. The benefits are fantastic, plus being a member helps the local clubs be able to pay for dinners at the rallies at NO COST to anyone.

So please if you are not a member-see Dave-he can help!!!

We are now at 31 rigs. Unfortunatley, Tim and Deb Fodrie cannot join us due to family responsiblities. It was they who actually started this rally. Our prayers and best wishes are with them.
Pete and Deb Fortin will also not be able to attend. Both couples will be missed greatly.

Also Van and Carole Phillips will be joining us from TN. We look forward to meeting them.

For your convience, Kevin and Nelly Wolbeck will help everyone find their site. They will be on site 22-just look at a large Landmark and a monster truck with all the bells and whistles.

Mike and Ann Walker will do our official greeting on Friday evening with all sorts of info for you.

Well folks, we will see you in Mayberry. Andy and Barney cant wait to see y'all. I understand that it is also Apple Festival for this weekend. We will have to get some of the local folks like Terry and Renee to tell us where to get the fried apple pies.

See you in MAYBERRY!

Last edited:

trdeal

Renee and I would like to say Thank-you to Tim and Deb. Fodrie for getting the N.C. group going and for all the time and hard work they have put into finding a Fall rally location.We are sorry that you cannot attend the rally. You will be greatly missed.Please know that you are in our thoughts and prayers.
I would also like to echo everything Larry said in the above post.We are looking forward to seeing you all in Mayberry.Everyone drive safe!

MICKEY

Past Florida Chapter Leader
Wow;

Maybe I'll get to try out fireplace!!! We don't get to do that much here in Fl. We're chomping at the bit. Should I bring jackets:)

trdeal

Mickey I would bring a light weight jacket, don't think you will need anything heavy.This time of year the temps can be everywhere.As soon as I see the forcast for the weekend I will post it.I love summer but it has been so hot and dry here this summer,some fireplace weather sounds really good.We will see you in Mayberry. Have a safe trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.