EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: Mt. Airy, NC - 10/1/2010 to 10/3/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Re: EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: NC, Mt. Airy - 10/1/2010 to 10/3/2010

Hi Mickey and Bonnie,
Thank you for joining us. We are looking forward to meeting you.
They do have pull throughs. As a matter of fact if I remember all but one row that we have reserved for the rally are pull throughs.

If you extend by a few days, the weekend AFTER our rally is the apple festival up there. You should be able to get lots of apple pies then!!!

See you there.

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader

Hi Bonnie and Mickey, Glad you can join us for the rally.We are looking forward to meeting you. We live about 20 minutes from Wilkesboro, NC where the Apple Festival is held. And my mother in law makes some of those delicious fried apple pies. Dries the apples herself. My wife grew up on the Brushy's near Wilkesboro. Fall is a beautiful time of year around here.

trdeal

---Quote (Originally by SouthernNights)---
Hi Mickey and Bonnie,
Thank you for joining us. We are looking forward to meeting you.
They do have pull throughs. As a matter of fact if I remember all but one row that we have reserved for the rally are pull throughs.

If you extend by a few days, the weekend AFTER our rally is the apple festival up there. You should be able to get lots of apple pies then!!!

See you there.
---End Quote---
Larry, unless something has changed this year ,the Brushy Mountain Apple Festival is always the first Saturday in October.

trdeal

I just checked the Apple Festival website and it is being held on October 2.

MICKEY

Past Florida Chapter Leader

I sent David a PM about tshirts. If he didn't get it please advise.
Terry; just a short story. My wife and I had only been married a few short years. My grandmother called and told me she had made some fried apple pies. She hadn't been in good health and hadn't baked or cooked much in a couple of years. Any way I told my wife to get in car and hurry before they all got gone. We drove over to GM house and my wife looked at the fried pies, and turned to say...." I ain't eating that mess" when she saw the filling. Well I did get her to try it and had to drag her away from the table before she embarrassed us both, had to leave some for other cousins. That was the last batch she made. I have been on a quest to find a comparable pie ever since.

trdeal

---Quote (Originally by MICKEY)---
I sent David a PM about tshirts. If he didn't get it please advise.
Terry; just a short story. My wife and I had only been married a few short years. My grandmother called and told me she had made some fried apple pies. She hadn't been in good health and hadn't baked or cooked much in a couple of years. Any way I told my wife to get in car and hurry before they all got gone. We drove over to GM house and my wife looked at the fried pies, and turned to say...." I ain't eating that mess" when she saw the filling. Well I did get her to try it and had to drag her away from the table before she embarrassed us both, had to leave some for other cousins. That was the last batch she made. I have been on a quest to find a comparable pie ever since.
---End Quote---
Well, I may just have to ask my mother in law to make up a batch just for you guys to compare to grandmothers. Renee just smacked me and said,"I have some dried apples. I can make some."Well you may get to taste Renee's fried apple pies, but we will see what we can do.

SouthernNights

Thanks for letting me know Terry. I thought the campground had said it was the weekend after which is why he could spare so many sites for the rally on the first weekend of Oct.

trdeal

---Quote (Originally by SouthernNights)---
Thanks for letting me know Terry. I thought the campground had said it was the weekend after which is why he could spare so many sites for the rally on the first weekend of Oct.
---End Quote---
You are welcome. My dad lives along one of the main highways into wilkesboro and we always plan a yard sale for that Saturday because traffic is so heavy.We have done it for years.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired

Ok Larry - it looks like the row that we are on is one of the back-ins. Lets see how many will be up when we get in. And of course - allowance for the darkness backing will apply.

SouthernNights

---Quote (Originally by Nabo)---
Ok Larry - it looks like the row that we are on is one of the back-ins. Lets see how many will be up when we get in. And of course - allowance for the darkness backing will apply.
---End Quote---

Every will recieve a perfect 10 score no matter what site they have-except Pete. We already know what his score is.

PSF513

It is simply marvelous to be in a class by oneself that no score is adequate to describe your capabilities.:p

As to the fried apple pies, us northern transplants never heard of such a thing. I will make the same offer that Larry made for the Maryland rally in the spring. I'll be the taster and I will even bring my own chair.:angel:

NABO: If your skill leve is as high as you let on, I may stay up with Sam & Larry to watch. I will have cold beer and munchies.

THANKS

MICKEY

Past Florida Chapter Leader

Terry and Renee;

Sooo looking forward to it!

Mickey

SouthernNights

---Quote (Originally by PSF513)---
*It is simply marvelous to be in a class by oneself that no score is adequate to describe your capabilities*.:p

As to the fried apple pies, us northern transplants never heard of such a thing. I will make the same offer that Larry made for the Maryland rally in the spring. I'll be the taster and I will even bring my own chair.:angel:

NABO: If your skill leve is as high as you let on, I may stay up with Sam & Larry to watch. I will have cold beer and munchies.

THANKS
---End Quote---

smiley-score001.gif
smiley-score001.gif
smiley-score001.gif

Last edited:

Nabo

Absolutely I'm that good. Hows the scoring for pull thru's - deduction of 1 point for everytime a rigs has to be readjusted before final setup??? :)

jpajax

Do you get extra points for a stand up comic helper ( alias wife). Usens will be up yonder with youens on the first and going back to the hills on the third. I had to tell my neighbors that won't be at the corn shucking that week but will be back for the pig picking the next week.

SouthernNights

Ok guys, Terry and I would like to thank LK and Jim for getting our thread back up and running. Thanks guys for all you do.

Along with getting the thread back, they were able to reconstruct where some things are posted.
From here on out, please refer to Post #1 for ALL info regarding the Attendence list, Campground / site map and Agenda.

If you try to read the thread in chronological order, the first couple of pages will not make sense. Dont worry, that why Post #1 has been reconstructed to link the information
to the thread.

trdeal

Hello everyone. We have a fall rally update for you. The campground made 35 sites available to us for the rally. Currently 29 0f these have been reserved. So if you are planning on attending only 6 spots remain open. Hurry and make your reservations today.

troybilt71

ok guys and gals(i dont wont to offend anyone). the 50th ann. of the andy griffith show is oct.3rd. i do not know how much this will affect our time in mayberry. i just thought it was worth mentioning. i know the show is old and might not have that much of a following, but there could be some increased traffic. i still cant wait. i am so ready for some rest and relaxation.

trdeal

Thanks for the heads up Troy. I am not sure how the Andy anniversry will affect us either, but I do Know it will be very good to see all our Heartland friends again.We hope everyone has a safe trip to the cg. One other thing, if you are interested in ordering a rally t-shirt there is still time. Please contact davebennington with your sizes.

Nabo

Terry - thanks for the reminder of the shirts. Dave - I will get a check in the mail with sizes to ya this week.
B--

Status
Not open for further replies.