EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: NC, Rutherfordton - 4/15/2011 to 4/17/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Hudson, let me say right off that I am not involved in next years rally.
Phil Smith has taken my place for next as SC chapter leader. he has more experience at rallies than I do and I know he and Becky will do a great job at 4 Paws.
With that said, I did not take anything you said as a complaint.

I also have to tell you again how impressed I was with your daughter and the other children that were at the Mt. Airy rally. It is so nice to see kids playing and having wholesome fun and still be respectful to their parents and other adults.

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Hudson, I didn't take what you said as complaining either. I thought it was well said. I want to say also that you couldn't have asked for your daughter and the other children at Mayberry to have been any better behaved.They all were very polite and respectful and a joy to be around.

trdeal

As Phil said in post #1 of this thread Mr. Sonny Disnuke, of Rieco-Titan will be our special guest at the rally.He will be demonstrating the Rieco-Titan Wireless Ground Control Leveling System and the Correct Track axle alignment system.And special rally pricing will be available to all those attending.The leveling system can be seen on page 47,in Novembers issue of Trailer Life Magazine.Some of our Heartland friends have the Ground Control Leveling System installed on their units and this would be the perfect time for you to get yours.We are looking forward to seeing you there .

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
We have the Wireless Ground Control Leveling system and love it. I understand that many people like the LevelUp system that Lippert has but somehow knowing that each jack is 5 tons capacity, electric, can run off the battery and with all 4 jacks being a total of20 tons sure makes me feel alot better. We have had our system for almost a year now and haven't had the first problem. We got ours installed at RVS for Less in Knoxville, Tn and haven't looked back. We haven't met Sonny face to face but have had some great email conversation and impressed with his overall love for his product. Might have to come up there and meet him in person.

trdeal

We have the Wireless Ground Control Leveling system and love it. I understand that many people like the LevelUp system that Lippert has but somehow knowing that each jack is 5 tons capacity, electric, can run off the battery and with all 4 jacks being a total of20 tons sure makes me feel alot better. We have had our system for almost a year now and haven't had the first problem. We got ours installed at RVS for Less in Knoxville, Tn and haven't looked back. We haven't met Sonny face to face but have had some great email conversation and impressed with his overall love for his product. Might have to come up there and meet him in person.
Sounds good.Come on down!

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Just registered for the April rally. The lady I talked to refused to give me a site number, saying that she wants to have everyone together, therefore will assign campsites to everyone nearer to the rally - hum. We are coming in on Thursday evening and leaving on Sunday.
B--

trdeal

That is great Byrd. Looking forward to seeing you guys there.April will be here before we know it.

trdeal

Fyi on making reservations.
This is the off season for 4 Paws Kingdom,so if you don't get an answer when you call to make a reservation,just leave your contact info and that you are with the Heartland group and they will return your call to confirm your reservation.No deposit is required at this time or a site number assigned to you.4 Paws will then call you back after the first of the year to get your deposit and assign a site. Thanks and everyone have a great weekend.

Last edited:

trdeal

Here is a list of the rally attendees and pets to date:

Terry and Renee Deal,(trdeal) site 13
Don and Sandy Little,(mountain1) Cannon-(Austraian Shepherd),Rio-(Old English Mastiff)and maybe 1 more site 6
Nathan and Byrd Mathis, (Nabo) BamBam-(Toy Poodle) site 23
Phil and Becky Smith,(PhilSmith) Winston,Maggie(Maltese) Riley(Yorkie) site 14
Dave and Julie Yokum,(davebennington) Roxie,Puff,Max site 21
Jim and Harriet Dahlgren (Jim & Harriet) Max (Rat Terrier) site 8
Jim and Nancy Beletti (jbeletti) Ruby and Emme (Yorkies) site 24
Ed and Barbara Rauch (Ed) Poke and Nick (wonderfully blended breeds) site 11
Jim and Pat Beck (jpajax) AJ(The All American Dog) Drop by for a visit
Randy and Santha Allen (Randy) PC,Sammy,Baby,Sophie Site 26
Larry Buchanan and Claudia Drenan(lbuchan) Kirby(Chinese Crested) Josie(Afenpincher) Site 28
Lance and Kem Duguay(lduguay) Site 27
Erik and Hallie Grubaugh(Lazydaze) Tater(Golden Retriever) Site 9
Sonny Disnuke Site 25
Larry and Samantha Bandstra (SouthernNights) Site 31

Events Schedule

Early arrivals
On your own
Friday
Meik will take you to your site.
Official greeting by Terry , Renee, Phil & Becky
Check in and relax.
6:30PM – gather round the fire and enjoy Hotdogs, marshmellows and smores .
(Bring Hotdogs and Buns for your family as well as roasting sticks and beverages)
HOC will provide the fixings,marshmellows and smores
Saturday
8:30 AM Coffee and Donuts at the pavilion.
9:00AM- 10:30AM Sonny Disnuke of Rieco-Titan will be demonstrating their ground control leveling system as well as the correct track axle allignment system.
10:30AM-1:00PM Free time and lunch on your own

Optional activites
1:00PM Doggy Obedience Class with the resident trainer at the small doggie park , no experience necessary
( bring your dogs favorite treats and soft bits)
Take a trip with Terry and Renee to Chimney Rock State Park or just kick back and have some great fellowship with fellow Heartlanders. ( Park fee 12.00 per adult )

6:00PM. BBQ Dinner at the pavilion !!!! FREE to all HOC members .
(Hickory smoked Pork, Chicken, Ribs, Baked beans, Slaw, Potatosalad , Bisquits, Brownie ala mode and Tea )
Following the meal ....FourPaws BINGO and fellowship (Cards starting at $2.oo)
(Please bring cash) This activity is sponsored by the FourPaws Kingdom foundation

Sunday
9:00AM Coffee and Donuts at the pavilion
9:30AM-10AM Non denominational service at the pavilion.
Departures throughout the day.

Last edited:

Jim & Harriet

hi folks,
at the urging of Max, we made our reservation for the April rally.
we did have to make a deposit (which is different from what had been
posted earlier.) we did not get a site #. we made the reservation
on their auto-system and just got an email reply. we will try calling
them next week. they did say it is a back-in site. does that sound
right? also we did tell them we were with the Heartland Rally.

Looking forward to seeing all of you in the Spring - stay warm 'til
then and have happy holidays!

trdeal

Jim,Harriet and Max,
Glad you have decided to join us.To be honest with you,I didn't know 4 Paws had an automated system.I guess maybe that is why you had to leave a deposit.Phil Smith (S.C. Chapter leader)is actually the one that spoke with 4 Paws about the type of sites they are holding for us so I can't tell you what they have set aside for us, but I will find out and let you know.Looking forward to seeing you all in the spring.

Last edited:

trdeal

Hi everyone. It has been suggested that we include the names of any pets you will be bringing with you to 4 Paws in the attendees list.If you would like for your pet to be included in the list just send me a pm with your pet's name and we will take care of it.Thanks

jbeletti

Nancy and I are planning to arrive on 14-Apr and stay 4 nights. Sent reservation request via their website today. I'll let you know the site when I hear back. When is everyone arriving and leaving?

Jim

trdeal

Jim and Nancy, Glad you have decided to join us.If you are bringing a pet with you let me know his name and I will post it with your name on the attendee list.
Renee and I will be coming in on Thursday and leaving on Sunday.I will need to call the cg and get an update on the arrival and departure dates.

jbeletti

Hi Terry,

Be great seeing you guys again and you'll finally get to meet Nancy. Some have questioned if she really exists, so I do have to get her out to prove it :)

Ruby and Emme will be joining us (Yorkies). Hope Ruby makes it that long - poor gal.

See ya in NC!

trdeal

Hi Terry,

Be great seeing you guys again and you'll finally get to meet Nancy. Some have questioned if she really exists, so I do have to get her out to prove it :)

Ruby and Emme will be joining us (Yorkies). Hope Ruby makes it that long - poor gal.

See ya in NC!
Looking forward to it.It will be nice to finally meet Nancy.

Status
Not open for further replies.