EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: NC, Rutherfordton - 4/15/2011 to 4/17/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Well first night of the rally is over and what a great time we had.Weather man was calling for rain so we moved the weenie roast indoors to the pavillion.Got out our grills and roasted our hot dogs.Had some great desserts and Sonny had us a Heartland cake made.What a great group of friends we have.We got to meet some friends with whom we had heard from through the forum and over email.And we got to see some friends we had not seen in a while.We heard some great stories told on ourselves and on others and found out excatly how long a Heartland Edge is(right Ed).Our special thanks to Lance and Kem in being good sports and letting us score their backing abilities.I believe we have all had a good time so far this weekend and we are looking forward to tomorrow.Thanks to everyone who decided to give up a weekend at home and join us here at 4 Paws.

Randy

Founding Georgia Chapter Leader (Ret)
Terry, It was a good evening. Hot dogs are not very special themselves but they sure taste
good when eaten with good friends. Randy, Santha & the Poodles

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Up until tonight I did not know That HL made a 21" trailer. :D
I bet that thing is hard to back up!

What a great bunch of people here. Really enjoyed all the stories told around the "campfire"-and the facilities here are perfect for this rally.
Good job Terry and Phil.

davebennington

Saturday night ended a great rally, the food was good and with special bingo games put on by the 4Paws hosts made for an entertaining evening.

Now for the parting shots we have two shots that really stand out. The first one of course is the Heartland group shot and the other is of our own Larry and Sam Bandstra celebrating 8 years of wedded bliss, I have a few others that can go on the rally picture gallery.

A big thanks to Terry & Renee and Phil & Becky for putting on this rally.

Dave

Attachments

• DSC01232.JPG
    DSC01232.JPG
    738.7 KB · Views: 39
  • DSC01221.jpg
    DSC01221.jpg
    365.6 KB · Views: 29

MrsSouthernNights

Another great rally! We enjoyed the surprise of being sung to "Love and Marriage" by one of the campground owners Meik!
Wonderful food, lots of laughs with old and new friends!
Dutchess wants to thank Randy and Santha for the new coats!
Thank you for a great rally Terry & Renee, Phil & Becky! We will see most of you guys at Cherokee!

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Home safely after a fun rally. How much laughter can there be - Friday nights tales were great. Happy Anniversary to SouthernNights & MrsSouthernNight. Terry & Renee and Phil & Becky did a great job. Can't wait for the Eastern Rally in Cherokee.

lduguay

OUR FIRST RALLY, what a BLAST!! Kem and I did not imagine that we would have soooo much fun.....even with the backin-up judges!!! Thank you for making us feel like family so quickly!! I wish we were able to see y'all in Cherokee:(

Oh Ed, forgot to ask...what kinda milage do you get with that 31 incher??? :rolleyes:

trdeal

It really was a great rally.Renee and I would like to thank each one of you for attending.You are all very special people who we consider as family and we wish the best to you.I talked to Sonny this afternoon and he was about 100 miles from home.He ask me to tell you what a great time he had and what a great group of folks you all are.Hope those of you who aren't home yet have a safe trip and we are looking forward to seeing you all again real soon.If we can ever be of any help to you please let us know.Thanks again. Terry and Renee

Randy

Terry & PHIL Santha and I and the Poodles had a great time. The food was very good. Santha and the poodles said that
they would return again. The poodles enjoyed meeting new friends. Thank you. Randy, Santha & the Poodles

Jim & Harriet

hi all,
drive home went well, no problems on I-77 like we had on the ride to the
rally.
just wanted to thank everyone for making it another fun weekend. and
Max wanted to tell all his 4Paws friends that he had a great time meeting
and running with all of them and hopes to see everyone again soon!
take care,
be safe on the road.
J, H and Max

Phil Smith

Retired South Carolina Chapter Leader
Becky and I had a great time as well. I really appreciate everyone who attended and made it such a great weekend. Thanks to Terry and Rene for all the hard work. Randy and Santha, Riley was so upset this morning when the poodles left him in the little dog arena. I think it was "puppy love." He is still not to keen on wearing shirts but... It was great to see every one and for those making it their first rally, I hope to see you again soon and for those seasoned rally goers, we'll be seeing you soon. Phil & Becky

jbeletti

Nancy and I too had a great time at the rally. Thank you Terry/Renee, Phil/Becky and all those who helped put this all together.

We're looking forward to seeing a few of the same couples in a couple of weeks at the Regional Rally in Cherokee, NC and about two thirds of the couples at the North American Heartland Owners Rally in Goshen, IN in June.

Tonight, the rally hold-outs had a potluck over at Larry and Sam Bandstra's site. They made their now famous mushroom gravy over hamburgers with Swiss cheese. Yumo! Then we hosted a campfire later this evening.

I heard Terry had a blow-out on the way home - so that was sad to hear. Time to change out those original tires Terry :)

Thanks again everyone - simply a great time at a great campground this weekend.

Jim (and Nancy, Ruby and Emme)

jbeletti

OUR FIRST RALLY, what a BLAST!! Kem and I did not imagine that we would have soooo much fun.....even with the backin-up judges!!! Thank you for making us feel like family so quickly!! I wish we were able to see y'all in Cherokee:(

Oh Ed, forgot to ask...what kinda milage do you get with that 31 incher??? :rolleyes:

Great meeting you guys too Lance! Sorry we won't see you in Cherokee. Hope to see you again somewhere this year. Thank you also for the service this morning - it was great.

Jim

MICKEY

Past Florida Chapter Leader
Terry and Renee, Phil and Becky, sounds like you knocked another one out of the park for the Heartland family.
We are glad to hear you guys had such a great time, we're sorry we missed this one. We were praying for you guys when we heard about the weather "back home". We hope everyone arrives home safe with with no damage. We have lived through 3 tornatos and know the power.

SouthernNights

One of my favorite seminars was the one on remodeling hosted by Dave Y.
IMAG0022.jpg

Can't wait till the next rally when we find out how to put the slide back in.

lduguay

HA!! That was not slide work!......that was Dave doing the pre-installation work for my new Direct Track that Larry is holding for me!:rolleyes:

Randy

HA!! That was not slide work!......that was Dave doing the pre-installation work for my new Direct Track that Larry is holding for me!:rolleyes:

Lance, Larry is going to sell it to me for fifty dollars, I think. Randy, Santha & the Poodles

Status
Not open for further replies.