EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: NC, Waxhaw - 10/31/2014 to 11/2/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

lindaw

Florida Chapter Leader - Retired
Sooo, the "BOSS" says that Thursday we will have the Main Course (Taco Salad with all the fixin's)...we will also have soda, ice tea & coffee.

If SOME folks, (not all), want to bring a favorite dessert, we will not worry about supplying the sweets!
xnow you are talking, I will bring a fabulous desert.
Lindaw

lduguay

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
RALLY UPDATE!!

Sadly, due to Terry Deals recent knee replacement, Terry & Renee will only be joining us for the Friday evening Costume Pot Luck. His recovery is proceeding very well, but they do not want to take unnecessary risk during the post surgery period.
I believe Terry is coming to the Costume party as the 6 Million Dollar Man!!!6M$Mfront.MD.jpg

Also, Ed & Kathe Anhalt, surprise first timers last year, are coming again and they are bringing family, Doug & Joella....WELCOME BACK!!!!! (guess I didn't scare y'all away!! :rolleyes:)

NOTE: Like last year, we need you to bring your "seating" to the Arcade for meals...we have the tables, just need something for you to sit in during the meals and festivities.

REMEMBER, Friday evening Pot Luck is a COSTUME EVENT!! If you do not arrive in the appropriate attire, I WILL provide...do you like to live dangerously???
:cool:

And of course there will be PRIZES of UNSPEAKABLE VALUE!!!!

lduguay

Don't forget this addition to our agenda!!!

After Saturday breakfast we will have tables available in the Arcade for a Heartland Swap Meet/Flea Market....Bring your hobbies, extra "STUFF" or whatever is no longer needed.

Nancy Beletti will have Mary Kay available, Barbara Prince will have a Jewelry table and several others have mentioned the "stuff" they might have available.

One mans JUNK is another mans TREASURE!!!!!

VKTalley

Add the Traveling Talleys to your Thursday night dinner. We will be arrive sometime Thursday afternoon.

lduguay

Pre Rally Arrival NOTE!!!

Heartlander's arriving Thursday after 4:30pm will need the "secret" gate code.

The park closes the gate at 4:30
after Labor Day, Mon-Thurs.

Upon late arrival, open gate with 9557 code...please re lock gate after you pull through.
Ranger will get you checked in next day. If you need your site number, check out post #1 or private message me.

See y'all SOON!!!!!

ALF

Former Georgia Chapter Leaders
Hey Lance...Paul and Sue would love to join you to help trash your kitchen on Thursday evening....we'll even help clean up!

Sue has a new venture that she would like to share at the Saturday Swap Meet/Flea Market...come see what "Pink Zebra" is all about.
Can't wait to catch up with everyone!

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Thanks Lance for the update on the gate code for us' s that will be arriving later than early. Now just how to find the campground in the dark.

jbeletti

Thanks Lance for the update on the gate code for us' s that will be arriving later than early. Now just how to find the campground in the dark.

Byrd - call me when you are close and I can get some guys with flash lights to help you get in your site.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
LOL - I love you all and might have to take ya up on running light - aw - flood lights but we don't won't ya'll to miss the Lance & Kem show. If we do get lost, I will be calling 911.
B--

lduguay

We are only 7 minutes from CG...call my cell and we will send a rescue crew!!

Route tip!! When you get on 485 in Charlotte you will be on the Outer loop. Take the Outer loop all the way to Providence Road, you will turn right and that will bring you into Waxhaw....your navigation should recalibrate and get you to the CG. This keeps you off some narrow but ok roads. Also note that CG is 2nd entrance, 1st is Day side of lake....there is brown Park signage along the route. Now, have I totally confused you!!??👀

LOL - I love you all and might have to take ya up on running light - aw - flood lights but we don't won't ya'll to miss the Lance & Kem show. If we do get lost, I will be calling 911.
B--

tracks

Lance & Kem,

I had an "OPPS" with our awning & topper on our way down to Waxhaw at a Virginia State Park near Dillwyn,Va. This kind of threw a monkey wrench in the operation but everyone is ok! We're back home getting the "OPPS" corrected.

Hope y'all have ball !!!!!!!! :cool:

TandC

The Stanley's will be joining y'all for the Thursday evening house burning ... er make that house warming. Thanks

tracks

Flying Dutchman;390779]You can't make the rally? We're going to miss you. Hope that all is fixed for December Williamsburg.[/QUOTE]

Eric & Dorothy, We’re working in that direction and have been in communication with our insurance company. At present I’m patching a couple of holes in rubber roof membrane.
Hope see y’all,
Kirk

lduguay

Hey Kirk & Cathy,

SOOOOO sad that y'all are not going to make it to the Waxhaw event!! Call Deb at Cane Creek and they will give you a credit for a return trip. Let us know when that date is and we will join you for a "mini rally"!!

Travel safe!!

Lance

Lance & Kem,

I had an "OPPS" with our awning & topper on our way down to Waxhaw at a Virginia State Park near Dillwyn,Va. This kind of threw a monkey wrench in the operation but everyone is ok! We're back home getting the "OPPS" corrected.

Hope y'all have ball !!!!!!!! :cool:

lduguay

We currently have 8 seats available for the FABULOUS CANE CREEK LAKE TOUR!!!

Check post #1 and if you are not listed, let me know!!

Randy

Founding Georgia Chapter Leader (Ret)
The Big Country is loaded for the trip. We should be there tomorrow afternoon. We are ready for a little friendship and relaxation.
Randy, Santha and the Poodles

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.