EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: NJ, Clermont* - 05/21/2010 to 05/23/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

dieselsweetheart

Harriet!! How fun! We are on the same ferry! Let's hope the weather is great for the trip!

Deb, Ann and Michael are coming to the PA rally, so you will see them there!

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
By this time tomorrow we should be well on our way there, probably only an hour or so from the campground!

dieselsweetheart

Deb how many people are there already? We are leaving here around 9a. I guess Jim knows where he's going. BTW, where is Jim B sleeping since he doesn't have his Landmark with him?

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Deb how many people are there already? We are leaving here around 9a. I guess Jim knows where he's going. BTW, where is Jim B sleeping since he doesn't have his Landmark with him?

Cheryl,

Unless something changed, the Landmark is there. Jim pulled it up from Cape Hatteras and left it there.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
It's going to be a beautiful day today! Sun is up and temps expected in the upper 70's. If you are coming in today via the ferry it should be a nice calm trip!

We currently have 4 Rigs in and we are waiting for today's arrivals.

Cheryl, Jim is in the Landmark as it has been parked here for a few weeks. Going grocery shopping this morning. Anybody need anything?

Everybody be safe out there today and we'll see all y'all soon.

jbeletti

I am here :). All setup too. I missed the rain but the sand is soft. 4WD was handy :). The sun is shining! C'mon down.

dieselsweetheart

The NJ rally officially begins today and we're looking forward to all the events! Checked out the beaches today on our explorer trip! The weather is beautiful!!! It's great to see old friends again!

davebennington

The campground is a little tight, but the weather has been great. We went to see the light house yesterday and the "fire" tower (not what you think) there were 3 of these and they were used to spot enemy ships and get the coordinates so they could fire the big guns at them, interesting huh.

Dave

Last edited:

mjatwalker

Retired MD Chapter ******s
Wow! What a great rally the catered dinner last night very good. Thanks Deb and John for a wonderful time.

PSF513

Deb & I are jealous that we could not be with you. I hope everyone is having a great time. I would be curious to see how the "backing in party" scores compare to mine from Rodanthe (I stilll have all of mine score sheets in the truck). Drive safely and arrive home in one piece.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Well Pete there is no comparison. Soft sand vs. asphalt. Fencing and dodging the neighbors parked rigs and trucks. This one really showed off their backing skills and trust me they've got skills.

Nancy, We really wish you were here too but thanks for sharing your Hubby with us!

Now I understand Larry! I'm tarred!

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Deb, I am proud of you girl!You are learning to speak southern purty goud! Ya purt near got it.

davebennington

John & Deb,

Great rally could not be any better. A big thank you to Crossroads RV for all they did to help out with 4 trailers on site for the rally attendees to see as well as all the food that they provided.

Dave & Julie

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
John and I would not be able to rally alone! All who attended made this a perfect weekend and the weather was great.

Like I said last night, CROSSROADS TRAILER SALES, awesome dinner, gifts and entertaining company in Jon. We would be willing to rally with them anytime. Thank you Dena, Jon and the entire Crossroads Crew.

Avalon Campground deserves a huge thank you for their concern for our comfort! Anyone else know of a facility that would reclocate a split rail fence so Bill40 could park without discomfort. Avalon did without asking! They are surely going to see us in the future!

When all was said and done we had increased the HOC membership by 7 and we were happy to have 100% Club members in attendance.

It was muddy when we arrived and muddy when we left. But the in between was so special to both of us and we can't say enough thanks to everyone! Looking foward to the next one!

Last edited:

gschaaf

Deb and John
Thanks for the great time Fran and I just wanted to let you know how great everyone was and plan to see everybody at the next rally. We made it home alright but I didn't have your cell # readilly available. Thanks again see you soon.

Glenn and Fran

Status
Not open for further replies.