EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: Ny, Verona - 08/13/2010 to 08/15/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

truknutt

Committed Member
Big Beast is fueled, hooked, loaded and ready to roll North! LiL Beast is knocking at the door wanting out!! Kidz are with their Aunt Jamie for the weekend..Hooah!!

0500 hrs target rollout time...we'll hit 0530 I'm sure!! Since Mama retired, she's slow on the git up!!

copcarguy

...does anyone know what they hit us for a truck/camper on the thruway?

Well I just checked my E-ZPass online and I got banged a whopping $15.82 to go from exit 17 Newburgh up to I-90 and then exit 33. I go through a manned toll booth too... I refuse to pay that much and will be taking I-81 to I-84 in PA home. How do I get from here to 81?

freckles-girl

Founding New York Chapter Leader-Retired
GOOD MORNING NYS Heartland rally goers. We have 15 rigs here just waiting for 9 more to roll in. Weather is looking great...just a chance of a shower but looking all sunny until late Sunday (according to the local weather man). We had a great fire last night and are looking forward for more great times to come.

Safe travels to all on the road today. See you when you get here!!!!

mrmagoo

We are up and around... hoping to leave in a couple hours... It is only a 2hr drive for us... should see ya before lunch time... Looking forward to meeting everyone!

dklaw

Good morning, Beth:
We called up to the Villages & they told me we cannot get into our campsite until noon--they put someone else in the site #410 until 11:00, unless they move out earlier?? We wanted to come up between 10-11:00 am this morning, but that's shot. Do you see anyone in 410 now?? It only takes us about an hour to drive. Thanks!

mjatwalker

Retired MD Chapter ******s
Congratulations Beth & Greg. This is a great venue. Everything has been teriffic thus far. We are looking forward to dinner tonight and then sitting around the campfire chatting.

Calvin & Judy everyone is asking about you guys. You are missed. After all, you are one of the rally-a-holic crew. In honor, we will leave your seats vacant at the meeting. Since Eric and Dorothy have arrived, I'm sure a meeting will be called to order soon!

cjhicks

Congratulations Beth & Greg. This is a great venue. Everything has been teriffic thus far. We are looking forward to dinner tonight and then sitting around the campfire chatting.

Calvin & Judy everyone is asking about you guys. You are missed. After all, you are one of the rally-a-holic crew. In honor, we will leave your seats vacant at the meeting. Since Eric and Dorothy have arrived, I'm sure a meeting will be called to order soon!
Glad to hear that everyone is having a good time and we were really disappointed that we could not make it but we figured that if we were to cancel our next 3 trips we will have the $$$ to put new Michelin's on the Horn. Today I had an estimate on the repair of the trailer , $1258. So now we have to wait to see if the tire manufacture is going to pay for the repair and if not then we will turn it over to our insurance co . Judy says to tell Deb. to have a couple of Bahama Mommy's that way she wont feel the skeeters.:rolleyes:

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Hey Judy, thanks but I won't talk with Bahama's Mommy unless you are sitting right beside me!

Let's just say "GREG & BETH, YOU GUYS ROCK" We are having such a great time meeting lots of new friends and TXBobcat is a keeper! Glad he was in the area!

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Well we had a great time here at NYS Rally. Congratulations to Greg & Beth for a fine Rally. I would not have know it was their first. For those of you that didn't get to come you missed a good one.

I will have a few pictures for you but for now. This will have to do.

DSC_2962 [1024x768].JPG

And if you don't think this is a great rally this should answer your question.

DSC_2961M [1024x768].jpg

BTW Ornell...
This is almost as good as the picture I took for you.... LOL

Thank you for allowing me to attend the NYS rally, it was great.

Travel safe tomorrow and may God Bless each and every one of you.

BC

TXBobcat

Fulltime
All Gone

DSC_3016 [1024x768].JPG

Well almost everyone is gone and it looks like we are deserted.
But is has been nice. Even the rain held off so we could have fun.

Thanks
BC

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
We have arrived home safe but we hit tons of traffic on the thruway headed into the city.

We had another great time and want to thank Greg and Beth for the awesome job they did. We are hoping to see some of you again in the coming weeks in VA, PA or NC. Thanks again and well see ya soon.

dklaw

We arrived home also around noon-ish, unloaded & put away most. Cannot wait for another rally we're able to go to. Had such a great time at our first, plus being the first for NY. Great bunch of folks, almost like family!-) Special thanks again to Beth & Greg and all the cooks, and anyone else involved in the organization of this rally--super job done. Hope to see y'all next year or maybe before. Haven't got much more vacation time, except what I put in for already. Enjoy the rest of the year everyone!

Clymer

We arrived home safe and sound around 4:30, lots of traffic at the 81/80 interchange and got caught in a "volume slow down to a crawl" thingy that took about a hour to creep through. A Big Horn and Cyclone caught up to us on 81 and we had a nice caravan going on until they took off and left me in the dust :) :) hey guys I can't drive that fast in the rain!!

Anyway again it was a super time and Greg and Beth did just a great job and boy can the Heartland Owners cook!!!

Thanks again to the hosts and look forward to seeing everyone soon at the next gathering.

Status
Not open for further replies.