EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: OH, Brookville - 8/19/2016 to 8/21/2016

Optional Events for the Rally

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sniper

I'm not going to lie: I'm starting to panic. June, July and up to now in August, we've had dry and 90's. It's raining HARD again today.

My biggest concern is the potluck. I envisioned gathering at picnic tables, under canopies. I also envisioned dry ground and sunny skies. I'm worried about using the Club money to buy food and supplies for a potluck that has every chance of being a disaster.

Open to your thoughts, this is your rally.
Don't panic Bob. If you feel that a high probability of disaster exists, and it's not worth the money or effort I have no problem with you calling it off. On the other hand perhaps the meal could still be located at a central location, and folks could still go there to get their meal, and go back to their own, or others area. (I know the Commander will have zero problem sending me out in the rain for food). You know the weatherman though, he changes the forcast every three hours. I would be obliged if you could let me know your decision by 6 pm though, or I'll be eating pasta salad twice a day for the next 2 weeks. :)

simsfmly

Ohio Chapter Leaders-retired
Don't panic Bob. If you feel that a high probability of disaster exists, and it's not worth the money or effort I have no problem with you calling it off. On the other hand perhaps the meal could still be located at a central location, and folks could still go there to get their meal, and go back to their own, or others area. (I know the Commander will have zero problem sending me out in the rain for food). You know the weatherman though, he changes the forcast every three hours. I would be obliged if you could let me know your decision by 6 pm though, or I'll be eating pasta salad twice a day for the next 2 weeks. :)

Going to stay the course. Won't cancel the potluck, but we're going to have to be creative.

Did just get both breakfasts and the ice cream social confirmed for the pavilion. Schedule has been updated. That's a positive.

Sniper

Going to stay the course. Won't cancel the potluck, but we're going to have to be creative.

Did just get both breakfasts and the ice cream social confirmed for the pavilion. Schedule has been updated. That's a positive.
Your doing a great job Bob. I really appreciate the time and effort that goes in to putting on an event like this. I do it all the time in my motorcycle club, and if there is one thing I've learned over the years it is: You can't control the weather. The show must go on, and if need be, we'll drop back and punt. :cool:

simsfmly

Your doing a great job Bob. I really appreciate the time and effort that goes in to putting on an event like this. I do it all the time in my motorcycle club, and if there is one thing I've learned over the years it is: You can't control the weather. The show must go on, and if need be, we'll drop back and punt. :cool:

Appreciate the kind words. Spent 30 years as a Band Director (which means spent 30 years planning week long Band Camps with up to 200 kids and parents). This is infinitely harder for me.

Herbiesrig

North Central Region Directors-Retired
Bob, don't worry, everything will work out, remember if McGuyver can come up with a plan so can we.. It is going to be a great Rally..

Mike-n-Justina

I checked the forecast out on WeatherBug. Radar shows not raining there now. No rain tomorrow. Friday only 30% chance and Saturday only 40% chance. It has been raining off and on here all day. Getting ready to head to the Rally in about 1 hour or so. Depends on how long it takes Mike to get moving. I'm ready to go now:) Don't worry Bob, it will be great and we will do whatever you need us to do or bring.

Kbvols

Bob your doing great! Don't worry about the weather can't control it. Everyone will adapt and improvise. Now for those of us that are still working know a rainy day camping still beats a great day at work. See you tomorrow evening rain or shine!

simsfmly

Had a pretty long discussion this morning with our "Heartlanders Give Back" charity (Shoes 4 the Shoeless). Here's a link to their FB page and their website. Of course, they'll take cash donations, but any NEW gym shoe (size 13 youth on up to any adult size) or athletic socks.

I'll be meeting with her Sunday afternoon to drop off our donations. Thanks in advance for your generosity!

simsfmly

Breakfast (today and tomorrow) plus the Ice Cream Social will be held in the pavilion (which is past the office, by the pool).

See you then!

Herbiesrig

North Central Region Directors-Retired
Thank You Bob and Connie for putting on a GREAT Rally despite the threats of Mother Nature. Looking forward to next years rally already.

Kbvols

Bob and Connie Great Rally! Thank you both for all your hard work ensuring all had a great time. It was great catching up with our Heartland Friends and of course making new friends. Safe travels to all!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SweetP

Thanks to Bob and Connie for making the Ohio rally so much fun, you did a great job! We had a great time, and met some wonderful new friends! Looking forward to the next one! Happy trails and be safe out there!

diesel_doberman

Thank you all for the amazing time we had, and welcoming my family into yours. I can't believe I considered not going, now that I look back. I look forward to see you all at the next one. Bring your running shoes... May need help catching Greyson.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

EPaulikonis

Thank you Bob and Connie. Julie and I had a great time at our first rally. We look forward to meeting up at future events and I'll be sure to bring more ones for the early-bird fire sale! Hopeful we can work a plan to hit the North Central Regional rally in SD in Sep 17. Safe travels and tanks again for a great time this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.