EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: OH, Brookville - 8/19/2016 to 8/21/2016

Optional Events for the Rally

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

diesel_doberman

So, wife and I have owned a heartland TT, since 2012. Our new fifth wheel will be picked up on the 26th. I have a few questions. We have never been to a rally. We are interested in going. Are the rallies family friendly, we have a 4 month old? Is there Mix of crowed? Or all retired folks that enjoy camping. I just am wondering be for we are reservations. Thanks... Included a photo of our future camper

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
8ac511b526766f3e52c443ed0d17ea3e.jpg

simsfmly

Ohio Chapter Leaders-retired
So, wife and I have owned a heartland TT, since 2012. Our new fifth wheel will be picked up on the 26th. I have a few questions. We have never been to a rally. We are interested in going. Are the rallies family friendly, we have a 4 month old? Is there Mix of crowed? Or all retired folks that enjoy camping. I just am wondering be for we are reservations. Thanks... Included a photo of our future camper

As I said in my PM and wanted to reiterate it here, Heartland Rallies, not just ours, are for all Heartland Campers of all ages. We build in enough together time, and enough alone time into our Rally itinerary.

We hope you'll join us.

simsfmly

Ron Russell from Performance Trailer Braking will be giving a Disc Brake Conversion and Trailer Tire seminar that he has been doing at other Heartland Rallies on Friday after our Ice Cream Social Welcome party before our optional dinner.

He is not planning on having his installers but they will have Disk Brake Conversion Specials plus Tire & Wheel upgrade specials for the rallies.

I have updated the itinerary on page 1.

Ron contacted me yesterday:
I have had a family emergency come up and will not be able to attend the Rally.

Ronald Russell
Perfomance Trailer Braking
www.performancetrailerbraking.com
www.facebook.com/PerformanceTrailerBraking/
Cell: 405-626-7009
Fax: 866-804-3644

I'm sure if you contact Ron, tell him you were looking forward to his appearance at the Ohio Rally, he will be happy to set up a time to talk about his product.

simsfmly

Anyone that's coming a photo bug? How would you like to be the official photographer of the 2016 Ohio Heartland Chapter Rally? The pay is terrible, the hours are awful -- but it's a title.

Let me know if you're interested.

Herbiesrig

North Central Region Directors-Retired
Bob, I got a new lens for my Nikon, and I will have it with me. I can try to capture some special shots..

Karen

simsfmly

Just talked to the Campground. Still a few spaces available for our weekend. Can't guarantee for how long, but they're there as of this morning.

Mike-n-Justina

Glad you guys decided to join us. You won't regret joining us. The 2015 Ohio Rally was our first rally. Now you need to think about going to Goshen IN next June.

diesel_doberman

I would love to do the one in Goshen. I am a little annoyed about the KOA. We have Dobermans who both have there canine good citizen and always go with us. They said they do not allow pit bulls, Rottweiler or DOBERMANS.

simsfmly

I would love to do the one in Goshen. I am a little annoyed about the KOA. We have Dobermans who both have there canine good citizen and always go with us. They said they do not allow pit bulls, Rottweiler or DOBERMANS.

Great to hear you're coming, and sorry you're not going to be able to bring your fur babies. That list is not uncommon in our travels, and unfortunately, because some Pits, Dobies and Rotties are NOT good canine citizens which is why parks have had to single out the breeds.

I also noticed you haven't applied for membership in the Heartland Owners Club. Now would be great time to enjoy the benefits of membership. Dues are $35 for a year, which is only $15 more than non members have to pay to attend our rally. Those dues provide UNLIMITED access to rallies across the country, including the Goshen National Rally next year. All of the details are included in the link.

simsfmly

Hope you guys haven't been printing the itinerary on the first post. Made the 47th change again today updating our Saturday morning breakfast menu.

Great news! Karen and Dan Halvorsen, our North Central Regional Directors, have volunteered to sponsor our Saturday morning breakfast with scrambled eggs, bacon and biscuits and gravy. I'm sure the chefs I had scheduled for the pancakes and sausage will be able to adapt.

Hope you'll thank them for their generosity.

simsfmly

When I looked at the itinerary I think it said the ice cream social was a site 6... Do people know what site they are at already?

It's in site 9 and that is my spot. The KOA has assigned everyone their site, but whether they told everyone or not I don't know.

I'll be calling them on Monday with some details and getting everyone's site assignment. If I have time, I'll post it. Either way, there will definitely be a list in your "goodie" bag that we'll have for you.

Sniper

It's in site 9 and that is my spot. The KOA has assigned everyone their site, but whether they told everyone or not I don't know.

I'll be calling them on Monday with some details and getting everyone's site assignment. If I have time, I'll post it. Either way, there will definitely be a list in your "goodie" bag that we'll have for you.
Site #9? That's odd. She told me we were on site #9, but maybe she meant "the rally group as a whole" when she said: you all are on site #9 LOL :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.