EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: OH, Brookville - 8/19/2016 to 8/21/2016

Optional Events for the Rally

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sniper

Site #9? That's odd. She told me we were on site #9, but maybe she meant "the rally group as a whole" when she said: you all are on site #9 LOL :confused:
I just called to confirm. The Commander and I are on site #9. You sure your not on site #26 Bob? :)

simsfmly

Ohio Chapter Leaders-retired
I just called to confirm. The Commander and I are on site #9. You sure your not on site #26 Bob? :)

To quote a very noted scholar, "I'm a veg, Danny."

They're going to email me a list of sites/names. I'll publish those shortly so that they don't have 14 calls.

Sniper

To quote a very noted scholar, "I'm a veg, Danny."

They're going to email me a list of sites/names. I'll publish those shortly so that they don't have 14 calls.
The "veg" thing is the exact reason the Commander makes me write everything down on those big post it sticky's, and a big calendar for her to review. My mind goes in 17 different directions at the same time. Keeping me straight is a full time job for her. LOL :cool:

simsfmly

I've updated the first thread with everyone's tentative site numbers and circled all rally sites on the map.

kkamshop

Bob, I couldn't figure out how to fill in your email survey, but we plan to participate in everything except Thursday evening meal and possibly the rig tours if we decide to go sightseeing on Saturday.
Sounds like a great rally!

c.brown

Bob, Maggie and I wanted to come to this but we have to have our camper fixed. We got caught in a wind storm and it got two of our awnings. So we finally got that settled with the extended warranty and the 23rd of this month we have to take it and get the awnings replaced.
Charlie and Maggie Brown

simsfmly

Bob, I couldn't figure out how to fill in your email survey, but we plan to participate in everything except Thursday evening meal and possibly the rig tours if we decide to go sightseeing on Saturday.
Sounds like a great rally!

Can I just tell you that grid looked spectacular when I sent it. Then my wife said, "um, you should probably look at this." <sigh>

Thanks for letting me know.

- - - Updated - - -

Bob, Maggie and I wanted to come to this but we have to have our camper fixed. We got caught in a wind storm and it got two of our awnings. So we finally got that settled with the extended warranty and the 23rd of this month we have to take it and get the awnings replaced.
Charlie and Maggie Brown

Thanks for your note. Hope you get everything fixed. Maybe next year?

- - - Updated - - -

Since my email looked like garbage when it came through, I've started a poll for our optional events. Please select any and all that you're sure you will attend. Not holding you to anything, just trying to plan my shopping trip and let our restaurant partners know what's going on.

Mike-n-Justina

I noticed people are not attending the rig tours. So if your not attending does that also mean they don't want people to view their rigs. Just wasn't sure if they just don't want to see other rigs or dont want to show their rigs.

Sniper

Where is the poll? The link in my inbox doesn't work. Do I need to look on computer and not tapatalk
Can you even see the poll results at the top of this page? I'm not sure what tapatalk is, but perhaps you do actually need to get on a computer. I'm sure that someone waaaaay more tech savvay than I will chime in soon to be of more assistance. :)

diesel_doberman

I could not see the poll results or the poll. I looked at the forum on the computer and it does appear there. tapatalk is an app for your phone. It allows you to look at all of the forums you are apart of at once.

Sniper

I could not see the poll results or the poll. I looked at the forum on the computer and it does appear there. tapatalk is an app for your phone. It allows you to look at all of the forums you are apart of at once.
Oh, a phone app, ok, I'm still rockin' a 9 year old 19 buck flip phone. LOL So were you able to vote in the poll then?

diesel_doberman

I was... I was excited about the RV tours. Kinda bummed no one else is... Haha. Of course my wife and I walk out local dealer frequently just to see what style changes new campers are getting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

diesel_doberman

Also, all I the TBA sites... Should people volunteer to have it at there site? I will volunteer for the Thursday 7:30 social...

simsfmly

I was... I was excited about the RV tours. Kinda bummed no one else is... Haha. Of course my wife and I walk out local dealer frequently just to see what style changes new campers are getting.

The rig tours will happen. Not everyone is voting in the polls, some are responding to me via PM.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, all I the TBA sites... Should people volunteer to have it at there site? I will volunteer for the Thursday 7:30 social...

The "TBA sites" are because I want to get there and actually see the sites as to where would be the best place. Thanks for volunteering. Once we get there (on Thursday), we'll fill in all the blanks.

Sniper

Good deal. We look forward to meeting you this week.

Safe travels. :)

simsfmly

I'm not going to lie: I'm starting to panic. June, July and up to now in August, we've had dry and 90's. It's raining HARD again today.

My biggest concern is the potluck. I envisioned gathering at picnic tables, under canopies. I also envisioned dry ground and sunny skies. I'm worried about using the Club money to buy food and supplies for a potluck that has every chance of being a disaster.

Open to your thoughts, this is your rally.

Status
Not open for further replies.