EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: OH, Brookville - 8/19/2016 to 8/21/2016

Optional Events for the Rally

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sniper

Ron Russell from Performance Trailer Braking will be giving a Disc Brake Conversion and Trailer Tire seminar that he has been doing at other Heartland Rallies on Friday after our Ice Cream Social Welcome party before our optional dinner.

He is not planning on having his installers but they will have Disk Brake Conversion Specials plus Tire & Wheel upgrade specials for the rallies.

I have updated the itinerary on page 1.
This is fantastic! We have been considering this conversion for some time now. Thanks Bob. :cool:

simsfmly

Ohio Chapter Leaders-retired
Just heard from Denny & Peggy and they're in! Very happy that so many people are making the Ohio Rally a part of their travel plans.

I talked to Tammy from the campground. They still have availability but the "bigger sites for the bigger rigs" are filling up and there's no guarantee where everyone will be.

Also, their pavilion has a band for Saturday night so we've been squeezed out of there for the potluck. We will look at lots when we get there and decide where we'll hold our potluck.

53 days till the Ohio Rally!

mbesanceney

New York Chapter Leaders-Retired
Getting squeezed out kinda stinks if it helps I can a 8' folding table and I have a 10x10 gazebo bringing extra stuff is not a big deal I'm already bringing a lot of extra stuff to the spring gulch chapter rally in new holland pa. So if there is anything special let me know more than happy to help out.

Kbvols

Bob

I have a 10×10 gazebo that I keep in the rig that we can use for pot luck...warning though it Orange and has 2 big Power T's on it.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Just heard from Denny & Peggy and they're in! Very happy that so many people are making the Ohio Rally a part of their travel plans.

I talked to Tammy from the campground. They still have availability but the "bigger sites for the bigger rigs" are filling up and there's no guarantee where everyone will be.

Also, their pavilion has a band for Saturday night so we've been squeezed out of there for the potluck. We will look at lots when we get there and decide where we'll hold our potluck.

53 days till the Ohio Rally!

Same thing kind of happened to Jodi at the Maryland rally. She was not the happiest camper but we all persevered!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

simsfmly

Bob

I have a 10×10 gazebo that I keep in the rig that we can use for pot luck...warning though it Orange and has 2 big Power T's on it.

That will be great. I have duct tape for the T's. ;) (Don't make me have to go buy an Ohio State one....)

- - - Updated - - -

Same thing kind of happened to Jodi at the Maryland rally. She was not the happiest camper but we all persevered!!!

There will be no unhappy campers at the Ohio Rally. Calling 6 weeks and 2 weeks ahead hopefully will prevent any "surprises".

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
That will be great. I have duct tape for the T's. ;) (Don't make me have to go buy an Ohio State one....)

- - - Updated - - -

There will be no unhappy campers at the Ohio Rally. Calling 6 weeks and 2 weeks ahead hopefully will prevent any "surprises".

I believe Jodi made several "in person" visits prior to rally time as they only live about 30 minutes away. It wasn't until ralliers started showing up that "things" became apparent.
Enjoy that Buckeye Rally!!!!

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Ginger called two weeks and also two days before and confirmed the pavilion for our camp out in April. When we arrived they informed us that the pavilion was unavailable. Talk about a shocker. But you know what, it ended up being a wonderful rally and everyone pitched in and made it a great time. I'm sure things will work out. Heartlanders are a great bunch.

simsfmly

I'm starting to like the idea of a little tent city for our rally. I know those canopies can be terrific.

Pack them, bring them and we might just erect a little Heartland Village.

simsfmly

I've updated the schedule on the first post (again). Over a month out, and I'm still tweaking. At least I haven't printed them yet.

Added my famous, award winning (awards are cheap -- my wife likes them) breakfast burritos & coffee to Friday morning before the National Museum of the US Air Force at Wright Patt tour. These will be good to throw down prior to the car pool to the museum.

So....... I need to begin a head count for Friday morning breakfast and the WPAF Museum. Opens at 9a, return time is on your own. Although, I'll be doing an ice cream social at 4p ET. (Which would you rather do? Culture & history or free ice cream?)

PM me or reply to this thread to let me know your plans for Friday when you know them.

Sniper

Had a few folks ask about these pillow covers, so thought I'd post this here if that's ok. The cover size is 18 x 18 inches. Pillow inserts are also available. The Commander can help you customize yours. She says if you order by the 30th of July she can hand deliver it to you at the Ohio rally. :) Please message her if interested https://heartlandowners.org/member.php/23896-SweetP
rv pillow.jpg

acsdesign

Hello all,
Just curious if you have filled all of the sites. We are looking to see if we may be able to join, as we are only 30miles away. May be tough as local schools start up this week and my wife is a teacher.
Any info would be great.
Have a great evening.
Andy & Jen
PS. We don't have Power T 10x10 but we do have an Orange & White Checker Board set of Corn hole boads

Kbvols

Hello all,
Just curious if you have filled all of the sites. We are looking to see if we may be able to join, as we are only 30miles away. May be tough as local schools start up this week and my wife is a teacher.
Any info would be great.
Have a great evening.
Andy & Jen
PS. We don't have Power T 10x10 but we do have an Orange & White Checker Board set of Corn hole boads

Hi Andy

Registration is open until end of the day 7/19 based on the information Bob posted in the first post of this thread. I believe you just call the campground make reservation letting them know you are with heartland rally then let Bob know your attending. Hopefully you all can make it.

simsfmly

Hello all,
Any info would be great.
Have a great evening.
Andy & Jen
emoji3.png
emoji106.png

Hi Andy

Registration is open until end of the day 7/19 based on the information Bob posted in the first post of this thread. I believe you just call the campground make reservation letting them know you are with heartland rally then let Bob know your attending. Hopefully you all can make it.

Andy,

The information Keith & Kim gave you was correct. Give them a call and see if you can get in there. We've had a cancellation recently, so there might even be that site available.

Let us know what you find out.

P.S. If Andy is coming, I'll put on the agenda a separate time for talk about the Vols. Talking points: How over rated they're going to be this year, over under on number of arrests that will go unpunished, should Butch stay or go, what happens if App State goes into Neyland and wins the first game, the beauty of a schedule where you never leave the state the size of Tennessee for 9 of 12 games. Let me know if there are other things I should add. :rolleyes:

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Just made our reservations. Coming in Friday afternoon and leaving on Sunday. Looking forward to seeing everyone. We are on site #4
BTW, if anyone is interested in getting any vinyl cut for their camper or anything else we can bring our stuff with us, just let me know.
Mark

Last edited:

simsfmly

Just made our reservations. Coming in Friday afternoon and leaving on Sunday. Looking forward to seeing everyone. We are on site #4
BTW, if anyone is interested in getting any vinyl cut for their camper or anything else we can bring our stuff with us, just let me know.
Mark

Terrific! In case you didn't scroll all the way down, here's the link to their vinyl products website.

Ice Cream Social is at 4p. Now that I know you're coming, I'll adjust my quantities accordingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.