EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: ON, Niagara Falls - 6/20/2014 to 6/22/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
I think I did this via email but John and I would like to attend the "Early Arrivals Dinner". We are really looking forward to this trip!

porthole

Retired
Jim we are very interested in going to tour the Falls! Have never been to Niagra Falls and want to take in as much as we can while we are there. Count us in!

Deb, you will be busy with the rally. Can you plan pre or post rally days? You can easily spend 3 days in and around Niagara.
And if you can, a half day trip over to Goat Island from the NY side offers a totally different perspective.

The girls couldn't wiat to go see everything!

D30_1762_b.JPG

And if the breeze is blowing the right right -- be prepared for a bit of "bad hair day" :rolleyes:

D30_1824_b.JPG

I would suggest, if it isn't already planned besides the view from the wall;
Maid of The Mist
Behind the Falls
The Museum
The Flower Garden
A ride along Niagara River on the Canadian side.

And there is more if you have the time.

We also did one of the Van day tours. That was really good.

On the way home, an obligatory stop in the duty free shop at Rainbow Bridge.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Thanks Duane. We will be heading to Niagra Falls directly after the North American Rally. We plan to spend 7 days there so we will have lots of time to see the sights. Thanks for the suggestions and we'll talk more about it at dinner on the 28th.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

rfournelle

Canada-East Region Directors-Retired
The `early arrival dinner` event is proving to be very popular. So I contacted the Theatre today and, great news, was able to add 10 more seats for a total of 40. The list of attendees is included in post #1.

The price of the seats for the group is $58.71, with 13% tax and $3 gratuity included. The regular price is $76.39, with 13% tax and $3 gratuity included. This works out to almost a 25% discount. In order to get that discount, one of the requirements is that the full amount, $400 (40 x $10) deposit now and balance of $1948.40 on June 04th, comes from one source. I have already made the $400 deposit and will provide the final payment on June 04th.

Don`t worry about sending me any money now. I will provide further instructions in this regard later on.

p.s. Do not contact the Theatre directly to buy any tickets. I will provide these at the rally.

Update on Payment

As mentioned previously, in order to obtain the great price for these tickets, the payment must come from one source. A deposit of $10/ticket was required at time of reservation with the full balance due by June 4[SUP]th[/SUP]. I have already provided the deposit and will make the full payment of all tickets on June 4[SUP]th[/SUP]. However, since cancellations must be made 30 days prior to the show, I will require that payment from you be received by May 17[SUP]th[/SUP]. The price per ticket is $58.71. I will cancel the tickets for any member where payment is not received by the May 17[SUP]th[/SUP] deadline.

This dinner show will be tremendous and we are very pleased with the response for this event! We had 40 tickets reserved for our group. To date, 44 tickets have been requested and I anticipate that more tickets will be required. I have requested the number of tickets be increased from 40 to 50. I do not expect this to be a problem.

The payment for the tickets should be made as follows:

• Canadian residents:

• US residents:

• Mail a cheque or money order payable to Robert Fournelle.

6823 Farmstead Ridge
North Gower, ON K0A 2T0
(It can take up to 10-12 business days to receive 1[SUP]st[/SUP] class mail from the US)

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.

Post #1 has been updated.

Last edited:

rfournelle

A document outlining some of the attractions in the Niagara Falls area has been attached to post #1 of this rally thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

rfournelle

just curious bob.....i see bruce bozec's name on list for golfing but not on attendee list?

Hi Mike,

The list of golf attendees is based on information received from the individual members (survey, email, etc.), while the list of rally attendees is based on those members who have indicated they will attend the rally.

Bob

rfournelle

Bob,

Please add Margaret and me to the list. Thanks

Bill M

Hi Bill,

Just to make sure. You are referring to the Early arrival dinner list for the 18th? I note that the campground has you arriving on the 20th. Please confirm.

Bob

rfournelle

Sightseeing or visiting the Falls? Do we have a deal for you on bus transportation tickets. Please use the following link for more details and to order your tickets.

//heartlandowners.org/forms.php?do=form&fid=48

rfournelle

Sightseeing or visiting the Falls? Do we have a deal for you on bus transportation tickets. Please use the following link for more details and to order your tickets.

//heartlandowners.org/forms.php?do=form&fid=48

To date, we have 32 tickets accounted for. We need 28 more to get the special deal. Please keep the requests coming.

rfournelle

To date, we have 32 tickets accounted for. We need 28 more to get the special deal. Please keep the requests coming.

48 tickets have now been requested. We need a little more of a push to get 12 more tickets. If you intend to get some, please let me know sooner rather than later.

Lane

Illinios Chapter Leader-Retired
Bob. Called Ronda today and was able to get a site for the Rally. Will be arriving on 6/15/14 and leave 6/22/14 looking forward to meeting everyone in Canada. Will also go to the Early Arrivals Dinner and tickets for sight seeing bus. Paul & Elaine

rfournelle

48 tickets have now been requested. We need a little more of a push to get 12 more tickets. If you intend to get some, please let me know sooner rather than later.

We are now at 54 tickets. Keep the requests coming.

We have made arrangements with Campark RV Resort to purchase the bus transportation (WEGO) tickets on our behalf. We will provide them with a list of individuals, along with the number of tickets you have requested. When you check-in at the campground, the amount will be charged to your reservation. You will also receive your tickets at that time. The passes do not activate until you board the bus and swipe them.

During your stay, should you need extra tickets, they will be available for purchase from the campground office.

Post # 1 has been updated.

rfournelle

Early Arrival DinnerThis event has proven to be very popular and we now have 44 requests for tickets. We have been successful in obtaining 10 additional ticketsfor a total of 50 tickets.
They will not provide any additional ones as the June 18th show is sold out.

This means there are six tickets left. These will be assigned on a "first come first serve" basis. So if you are interested in attending this event, I would suggest you do so sooner rather than later. Once they're gone, they're gone.

rfournelle

We now have 46 tickets sold for the Oh Canada Eh dinner show on June 18th.

There are four tickets left. The remaining tickets are available on a first come, first serve basis. I will not be able to get more as the show is sold out.

Post #1 has been updated with the name of the new attendees.

f250dieseldad

We received our passports today. Now we are all set. Can't wait to visit Canada again. I have not been there since I was a kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.