EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: OR, Silverton - 7/29/2016 to 7/31/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Well we at least get to see you in Anacortes. We will be at Toutle River for a week before we go to Anacortes and that is about a week before the WA rally. Come on up and meet us before the rally.

Long Beach is where Kona came from. Pretty place but rains a lot and windy. The parks we saw were small with narrow sites. Hopefully you get a good one.

Kristy

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Just a quick update.....

John and Becci Zumwalt will be joining us for both rallies and the caravan, so we are back up to 20 rigs. Welcome John and Becci!

Remember that the registration for the WA rally closes soon and the reserved sites will go back to the park to rent out on a first come first served basis.

You have a little more time to get registered for the Oregon rally. Do that by sending me the information outlined in the top post.

We Have A Sponsor!!!!

Sutton RV will be bringing at least three Landmarks for us to drool over. They will also be helping to provide a catered dinner on Saturday night. They had such a good time last year, they jumped at the chance to do it again. I will add details to the top post when they become available.

Silver Spur RV park has provided a very nice raffle prize. You will just have to wait to find out about that. :D

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
That's great, I just sent you a PM asking for your information. Also, you might want to consider joining the Club. It is not required to attend the rally, but if you are not a member, there is a $20 charge per rig for the rally. Just a thought.....

Kristy

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
UPDATE

I updated the first post of the thread to include the tentative itinerary. im thinking about bringing back a popular twist to the raffle since it has been requested so many times. What do you think OR Rally veterans?

Are people interested in purchasing t-shirts for this rally? I have always done long sleeved stuff because we have always been on the coast. This year it should be nice and warm, so I could design t-shirts instead, if people want them. I imagine they would come in at the $12-$15 range depending on the cost of production.

I have left both Friday and Saturday afternoons open so far. There are so many possible sites to visit within a very short distance, I'm not sure if people want time to explore on their own or for me to organize some group activity.

OR for a change of pace: We could offer lots of possible choices for people if you are interested in this little twist.

People could organize their own small group activities which I could post on the activity board in our site so others could tag along if they wish. I actually think that could work pretty well since we will have quite a few people from that GENERAL area who are familiar with different things to do and see. It might be nice to have some club members be guides to places they really enjoy. A volunteer might just lead the carpool to a place they really want to see but haven't been yet.

Please let let me know what you would like me to do as far as shirts and activities go and I will get started trying to put things together, or not, depending on your feedback.

It it will be Spring soon!
Kristy

PS Vote for both twists and we might even call this our Twisted Rally! ;)

Grampafish

Washington Chapter Leaders-Retired
We are interested in t-shirts and maybe coordinating designs for WA with yours. We like the idea of having Fri and Sat open, although we will likely end up in small groups doing stuff together. So maybe your twist of posting a bunch of suggestions with a "designated guide" is the best way to go. We've been to Silver Falls but no Oregon Gardens. We've also been to the air museum in McMinnville and antique shops in Aurora. I doubt people would need a guide for the outlets in Woodburn.

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
Kristy,

My dad is coming to the Washington and Oregon rally. He is making his reservations for Anacortes, Silverton and Toutle River tomorrow.

Rod

Grampafish

Washington Chapter Leaders-Retired
Hi Kristy, Great news about Sutton RV.....we're HOPING to get a sponsor for the WA rally!!!

As for the raffle "twist"...not sure what you are referring to. Can you give a hint? Or am I just being dense....have you done this "twist" at the last 3 OR Rallies?

I like your idea of small groups doing varied activities as they wish.

Doris

Last edited:

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
The raffle twist has not been done in the last five years. It will be fun. Those who went to Yreka have wanted it brought back because it was so much fun that year. No Spoiling the surprise (John!).

I don't know who will want to lead groups, but it always works out. We all end up splitting up for our favorite activities anyway, why not just invite others who want to go by posting who is doing what and when?

If there is something the majority of the group wants to do, just let me know and I will check into it.

Kristy

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Thanks Rod. I just added them to the list.

We are up to 22 now which is still behind the WA rally. We can't have that, now can we Oregonians? Be sure to let me know if you are coming so I can add you to the list and I can get it to the park for you.

Kristy

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Welcome Don and Alicia Mogenson with their new LM Syracuse! They will be joining us this year and they will be in Anacortes too.

Kristy

Good morning. We would like to attend the Oregon rally as we are also attending the Washington rally and will caravan.

Steve & Ida Wand
Arriving 7/27/16; departing 8/1/16
110 Barbara Ave
Pahrump, NV 89060
775-397-2993
2010 Landmark Augusta
40 feet in length
email: idawand@yahoo.com

Looking forward to attending. Please let us know if you need any further information.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Welcome to the O'Donnells and the Wands! That makes 25 so far. I will be sending in preliminary park registration info and make sure we can have a few more sites for our group. Since Sutton is taking 3 sites, I need to make sure that doesn't come out of our rally block of sites. We should be fine, but I want to check.

If you are on the fence about coming, don't wait too long to decide. July is a busy time and I don't want to have to turn anyone away.

Kristy

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
Woo Hoo!! Gonna be a great time!! Thanks for all your hard work setting this up and coordinating everything Kristy and Mark!

Rod

Welcome to the O'Donnells and the Wands! That makes 25 so far. I will be sending in preliminary park registration info and make sure we can have a few more sites for our group. Since Sutton is taking 3 sites, I need to make sure that doesn't come out of our rally block of sites. We should be fine, but I want to check.

If you are on the fence about coming, don't wait too long to decide. July is a busy time and I don't want to have to turn anyone away.

Kristy

NorthCal Bob

Kristy, We just sent u our info so u can add us to the rally, we will be arriving with the rest of the caravan from toutle river. Have all our reservations made for Anacortes and Toutle River. Looking to have a great time.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Glad to hear it! I added you to the list and will update the registration form soon. Mark is out of town and has my laptop, so he is holding up the show right now, but I will get it caught up soon.
Kristy

RVFun4Us

Hi Kristy,

Trying to see if we can still get into Anacortes since deadline for registering was yesterday. Sent a PM to Doug and Doris. If we can work it out, would like to also join the caravan to Toutle River and then onto Silverton. Will take one step at a time and try to get into Anacortes first.

Bob and Sheri Dolan

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Sorry it took me so long to reply.

We do have space for you. Just let me know when you find out for sure. I bet Fildago Bay has sites, they probably haven't totally filled the park in the two days since the sites returned to them to rent.

Like I said, just let me know.

Kristy

RVFun4Us

Kristy,

Have reservations at Toutle River and also made reservations at Fidalgo Bay so good to go on the caravan.

Bob and Sheri

Status
Not open for further replies.