EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: OR, Silverton - 7/29/2016 to 7/31/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
I got Bob and Sheri added to the list. That makes 27 for this rally and 17 in the caravan!

Kristy

reverts

Hi Kristy,

Rich and I would like to attend the rally, we would arrive on 7/28 and depart 8/2. Thanks.

Robin

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Yea! We have added the Everts and the Brownells to the rally list. This might be our biggest one yet!

Please be patient with me everyone. This is the end of a grading period and we have parent conferences next week, so paperwork is on hold for a little bit. I will get stuff caught up and start taking shirt orders after spring break.

Kristy

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
I just called the park and I'm not sure I can get more sites. I need to talk to the owner instead of the just the weekend guy, but we may be starting a waiting list. I will post when I know for sure, but that is the situation right now.

Kristy

Oregon_Camper

I just called the park and I'm not sure I can get more sites. I need to talk to the owner instead of the just the weekend guy, but we may be starting a waiting list. I will post when I know for sure, but that is the situation right now.

Kristy

Thanks for all the hard work!!

BTW...which sites do we have blocked for the Rally?

LTZ

California-N Chapter Leaders-retired
Chuck and Donna, It will be great to see you again in the Pacific Northwest! We're looking forward to a bunch of rallies with you guys this year.

Hi Doug & Doris,

We are looking forward to spending time with you guys at the rallies!! It will be great to see you guys. We really wish we could make it up to WA to your first rally but 1/2 of us is still working & with everything else going on this year, there just isn't enough time off to go around! We know your rally will be a great time!

See you in OR, Donna

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Thanks for all the hard work!!

BTW...which sites do we have blocked for the Rally?

Not trying to avoid you, just trying to confirm things with the park before I post them. I will get back to you as soon as I know more and get student conferences over with.

Kristy

Pam and I would like to join all of you for the Silverton rally. We would arrive to Wed. 7/27/16 and depart on 7/31/16. Our names are Al & Pam Homrighaus. Our address is 16500 S. Stone Meadow Dr., Molalla, OR. We have a 36' Bighorn fifth wheel. Our phone number is 503-829-4175. Our e-mail is homer@molalla.net.

Thanks looking forward meeting all of you.

Al

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Hi Al and Pam. I have put you down as #1 on our wait list. If I get more sites from the park or someone cancels, you are in.

I talked to the park today and sent in the registrations. He will compare my list to the reservations he has on file, since some people called the park directly instead of just telling me. When that gets all figured out, we will know for sure how many sites are left in the park. Right now, he only had two sites left in the whole park for that weekend. Us getting more sites doesn't look promising at this point.

it seems that someone always has to cancel though. Stay tuned!

Please Everyone.....

If you find out that you can't make it, let me know ASAP so that site can be opened for someone who can.

Thanks Everyone!

Kristy

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
UPDATES:

We are full at 31 sites. If you are interested in attending and not on this list, please contact me and I will put you on a wait list. If anyone cancels, we will add you to the list.

Al and Pam, we found you a spot in the park!

I have turned in the registration list to the park and everyone on the list has been registered in the park.

Please start calling the park and giving them your first night's fee. Be sure to mention that you are with the Heartland group and make sure they have you down for the correct dates.

The park owners, Matt and Jamie, should be the people you talk to since they know what is going in the with the rally. They are there Tuesday through Saturday.

Who wants t-shirts?
If enough people are interested, I will contact the company and get pricing. I think short sleeved is the way to go. I can check on getting both men's and women's styles to see if that would affect the pricing. I would do the Oregon log with the rally date and location embroidered on the left chest like I have always done.

I am starting to look at pre-rally activities for Thursday since most of us will be there. Stay tuned.....

Kristy

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
I just heard from Matt at the RV park today.

They serve a Saturday morning breakfast for the park for $5 every weekend during the summer. He invited us to put that on our agenda which sounds like a good idea to me. I guess it is a full breakfast, not just rolls and coffee, so $5 is a bargain.

I will wait a few more days before deciding for sure about t-shots, but so far, it looks like people aren't really too excited about them this year.

Don't forget to call and pay for your first night and confirm your dates with the park. The park is full, mostly with us, so let's make sure they get paid for the reservations. New, young, owners need a fighting chance. We all know what it is like to be just getting started.

Take Care,
Kristy

Last edited:

shelsay

Hi Kristy--

We've had the park breakfast before, and it is well worth the $5. If you decide to order shirts, put us down for one each.

Pat

BigJim45

Luv'n Life
Kristy

Called the RV park and paid for our first night. Nice people. Asked about if we wanted to stay extra nights that it would be no problem.

See you in July. Can't wait......

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Thanks for doing that Jim. I'm sure they appreciate people calling in to take care of that.

We look forward to seeing everyone again. I hate to wish my days away but it's hard not to when I want to go play.

Kristy

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Unfortunately the Eaglemans have had to cancel, but their slot has been taken by the Schroeders from CA.

We look forward to meeting Bob and Maggie Schroeder in Silverton.

If anyone is interested in coming to join us for this rally, let me know and I will add them to a waiting list. There is nobody on the list right now since that slot opened up.

Please, if you have not called to pay for your first night and confirm your dates, do so ASAP. A big thank you to those who have called and paid. I don't know who all of you are, but I hope it is just about everyone.

There will be no shirts for this rally. There just isn't enough interest this year for it to be worthwhile. If there are specific things people want to have as a pre-rally activity, please post here. I was thinking we might want to do something Thursday sometime. Ideas? Golf is a given for some people, but they always organize that amongst themselves.

Kristy

Status
Not open for further replies.