EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: PA, New Holland - 6/11/2010 to 6/13/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Reminder: Mike Walker please don't forget to feed Jake the Snake! Also, please take him to the post office to change his residence to Dayton, MD.

Jim & Harriet

Wish we had thought to get Jake's picture ... ;-)
Maybe next time...

Flower baskets arrived safely. Gave two to our
daughter (she was amazed at the $5 cost.)

We really did have a great time. Looking forward to
seeing everyone again soon. Let us know if anyone
has camping plans in Virginia - love to get together.

Take care, safe travels...

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
To all inquiring minds:

Mike Walker had a Black Snake take up residence under the hood of his truck. Named him Jake! We really don't know if Jake moved on before they left for home. When last seen Jake was moving into the engine compartment from the front bumper! A passing motorist saw Jake hanging from the bumper and alerted us to his presence!

hertzberg

Hi Patti and Jon! Glad to hear you made it home ok! I reckon' you left porthole there all by himself....

Not all by themselves......we were there with them until Monday afternoon. We did leave them with no running water. Pipe in the campground broke. Never heard if the water came back on later in the day!!!

hertzberg

Thanx again Cheryl and Jim for a wonderful job with the Rally! We had a great time and look forward to the next one! Just made our camping reservations for the Hershey RV show. As we get closer to the time.....we will be in touch on when you want us to help out. Let's just hope that Bob does not have to travel out of town!

RollingHome

HOLY COW ! Please don't anyone EVER mention a snake was camping at the PA rally to my wife Patti ! She is terrified of them slimey little buggers and this would be a deffinite no go to her. We hope to someday join you good folks and this (Jake the snake) would be a trip buster. In advance thanks... We have them critters locally and I kinda don't let her know... In advance Thanks for your understanding, Tom

dieselsweetheart

ixnay on the nakesnay Tom...not a word. Besides, it's possible Mike didn't pick Jake up at the campground. It's my thought that Jake was hanging out at Shady Maple waiting on the evening buffet to begin and he happened to run into Mike's truck.

Denise....a pipe broke in the campground??? Oh my!!! Good thing this didn't happen on Friday night!!!!

ixnay on the nakesnay Tom...not a word. Besides, it's possible Mike didn't pick Jake up at the campground. It's my thought that Jake was hanging out at Shady Maple waiting on the evening buffet to begin and he happened to run into Mike's truck.

Denise....a pipe broke in the campground??? Oh my!!! Good thing this didn't happen on Friday night!!!!

My thinking exactly!!! Couldn't use the bathroom's in the area we were camping. Had to go to the front of the campground. Apparently it was confined to the area we were camping in. I was happy to be leaving.....boy...what timing!!!!! Thanx again for everything Cheryl......we have an urge to go to Shady Maple for breakfast this weekend!!! Denise

iforget

New Jersey Chapter Leader-retired
The water did come back on thank dogness!
The bathrooms were still too far to walk to no matter which one you headed towards.. thank you Duane for my wheels! Having the golf cart really comes in handy. The only problem with it continues to be the girls not sharing the nice back seat daddy made for them.
We had a wonderful weekend as always with our Heartlland family and appreciate all the work our Chapter Leaders put into all the planning it takes.
(Cheryl,I still want to know how many times you both practiced the games before you came? )

Also make sure that Jake gets permanent residency!
Two rally's, two snakes... huh
This has me thinking that ........? Cape May??

You said black, right?
Yep, when I walked Molly one evening, I had to have the management there pick up a snake.. dead thankfully... I just pray I didnt step on it the night before.

dieselsweetheart

Don't forget the RV show in Hershey....dates: September 15-19th. We will be having an owners club table over near the Heartland display (I'm thinking it will be Wilkins, Jim B has to firm up those arrangements)....but I will be coordinating the schedule if you would like to take a 3 hour block of time to meet and greet those folks interested in chatting with Heartland owners. Often times, talking with a satisfied owner will cinch the deal for a potential buyer! I know we are all enthusiastic about our Heartlands..and being a part of the Heartland family. Last year, Denise Hertzberg and I chatted with a couple inside of a Big Horn...Denise was chatting with the wife about color schemes and decor and I think I was chatting up the forum and the rallies and such.... and we found out later that the couple did purchase that unit! So...we can make a difference by being available for people who want to know more....

If you plan on being in the area to see the show...or want to come to the area specifically to participate in this meet and greet...let me know!!! Admission to the show and a food voucher are included, courtesy of Heartland and Jim B....! 3 hour blocks of time will be plotted out for you to meet browsers and serious shoppers!! I am taking names now! I already have a few folks on my list...but will happily take more of you good folks!! It will be fun!!!

And then mini-rally at our campsite Saturday night in Hershey Highmeadow CG.

Stay tuned! I am going to get Jim B to start me a new thread just for the RV show and our chats.

cjhicks

Don't forget the RV show in Hershey....dates: September 15-19th. We will be having an owners club table over near the Heartland display (I'm thinking it will be Wilkins, Jim B has to firm up those arrangements)....but I will be coordinating the schedule if you would like to take a 3 hour block of time to meet and greet those folks interested in chatting with Heartland owners. Often times, talking with a satisfied owner will cinch the deal for a potential buyer! I know we are all enthusiastic about our Heartlands..and being a part of the Heartland family. Last year, Denise Hertzberg and I chatted with a couple inside of a Big Horn...Denise was chatting with the wife about color schemes and decor and I think I was chatting up the forum and the rallies and such.... and we found out later that the couple did purchase that unit! So...we can make a difference by being available for people who want to know more....

If you plan on being in the area to see the show...or want to come to the area specifically to participate in this meet and greet...let me know!!! Admission to the show and a food voucher are included, courtesy of Heartland and Jim B....! 3 hour blocks of time will be plotted out for you to meet browsers and serious shoppers!! I am taking names now! I already have a few folks on my list...but will happily take more of you good folks!! It will be fun!!!

And then mini-rally at our campsite Saturday night in Hershey Highmeadow CG.

Stay tuned! I am going to get Jim B to start me a new thread just for the RV show and our chats.
Hi Cheryl, Judy and I will be at High Meadows Campground Sept 13 -18 and we will be happy to help out.

dieselsweetheart

Hi Calvin and Judy! Yay!!! Now there are 3 of us in Highmeadow. Such fun!!! We are back near the trains with the full hook-ups. The trains weren't that bad actually.

Jim and Harriet...if you decide to make the trip let me know ASAP...there are some nice CG's in the area...you should be able to find a spot. I would check with the Conewago CG where Eric and Dorothy are staying. Also Ken and Kathy, the Rescue Tape folks...always stay there too....717-367-1179

and more folks for the mini-rally, the better! We had one last year and it was a lot of fun! We even had a fire engine show when the fire alarm went off at the Highmeadow offices...no fire, but all the action kept us entertained!

Jim & Harriet

hi cheryl,
must have missed the last note you posted. i could not find jim b's info - will have to check again. can you tell me the hershey dates? we would like to help out also. just need to find a cg. where are you staying - or are you close enough to just make day trips?
thanks for the help - it would be fun.
h

dieselsweetheart

Porthole and Harriet....where we are staying is gonna be already booked. We jump on that one in early Feb. Try the Conewago/Hershey Campground...it's where Eric and Dorothy and the Gratz's are staying.... the phone # is 717-361-1179. I would do this ASAP. Jim B's info on the Hershey show is on the portal page...over where all the rallies are listed on the right hand side....scroll all the way to the bottom...I think it's last on the list. We are looking for people who are VERY good at chatting with other people who are considering a Heartland rig but maybe aren't sure if they are "the best"...and "what about the company? Is it a good company? Do they pay attention to their customers? Are you happy with your Heartland rig?"...those types of inquiries. Denise Hertzberg and I ran into just that couple last year....we met them in a Heartland and we got to talking about the company...the rallies...etc...and they ended up buying!!!

So, read thru Jim's posting...basically we are scheduling 2, 4 hour shifts at the table. Let me know once you have decided if you are coming...where you are staying....and when you think you would be at the table.

OH and BTW...new pics from Mike's camera are posted from the PA rally...go to the HOG and click on our rally photos. In fact, go back a couple of pages here...JimTOO posted a quick link to them~~~~

Let me know if you need additional campground referrals!

Status
Not open for further replies.