EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: PA, Portersville - 6/10/2011 to 6/12/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

cableman

We will be staying in Fort Meyers beach. I can contact the church when we get back and get some more info for you. Looing forward to some warm weather and some relaxation without my snow shovel. My father in law is there and said it will be in the 80's all week.

mrmagoo

Don and Betty that is the toll free number but this one works too.... 724-368-3564 In fact, give that one a try tomorrow. Maybe it's their 800# that's full of messages..if there's a difference.

Same result with that number... obviously they haven't been there because the message memory is still full.

Or maybe that is their way to stop us from harassing them...

dieselsweetheart

Ok, then you all may as well wait until Tuesday when Sarah is back...try to call her during the day...OR after 4p...she called me last Thursday after 4p so not sure if that was her starting time or not.

We were at the Timonium RV show today and I think I may have found our CG for the PA rally '12. Talked to the owner....rally friendly...on the Juniata River up near State College. I'm excited to find out more about it!!

dieselsweetheart

It's in a different direction....check out 322N to State College...it's off the Lewistown exit.... about an hour from Hbg I think...

dieselsweetheart

Yeah meeting this guy at the show was a great moment cause I have never heard of this place...but Terry and Jim Ginn did....they also have riverboat rides...and it looks like a big boat...so maybe party on the boat!!

dieselsweetheart

I got an email that this thread was hard to find in the forum....so I will also post it here. That way it won't disappear, it will stay in this section...

Hello ladies!

I am asking a favor from all of the Heartland ladies who love to crochet or knit (or both!).
As babies are near and dear to my heart, I would love to add an item to our offering to the community of Goshen/Elkhart. We are collecting food pantry items, but I would also love to offer something to the new moms and babies of the area who maybe do not have a lot of resources...in the form of warmth and comfort... baby blankets, hats, booties. The Indiana winters are harsh as we have all heard this year (and many experienced!)

I know many of us love to crochet just for fun and to keep busy with a project. There are many knitting clubs out there who donate blankets to local hospitals for the new babies and especially for the preemies in the NICU (I am a long time NICU nurse)...so....

Could I ask each of you crafters to donate a homemade blanket..or perhaps a blanket with matching hat and booties if you are talented to do the hat and booties (I can only make blankets).

I don't know how many of you crochet but I bet a good many. Could I set a goal of 50 blankets?

Many thanks! I know each will be made with love. In fact, the name of this project will be "Babies Wrapped in Love."

dieselsweetheart

I don't mean to exclude all you crafty guys...actually, there is a guy on YouTube who teaches crochet! I was watching him the other night while trying to remember how to make a granny square...

dieselsweetheart

Oh ya...I thought you'd be happy...we would be a bit closer for you.... PA is such a big state! That's assuming we choose this place but it sounds nice with great photos and Jim and I will head up in early fall to check it out!

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Cheryl; I was harrasing Debbie. State College is about 4 1/2 hr for me, Not bad its closer than Pinegrove. Although I was coming from Newburgh, NY when we went to Pinegrove.

Jon I must be getting used to the harrassment! I didn't even notice but I'm awake now buddy! Hug Patti for me and pray for spring.

mrmagoo

Same result with that number... obviously they haven't been there because the message memory is still full.

Or maybe that is their way to stop us from harassing them...

I finally got in touch with Todd on Monday and then Sarah today. They did apparently find some of my info.... and they have added me back in the system. She didn't assign me a site yet... she is trying to arrange according to length. She will be sending me an email with the info in it. She said it should be straight by this weekend.

I'll post when I get more information.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Cheryl,

We are in. Ginger was able to get a hold of Sarah on Saturday. Funny thing is, she told Ginger that we will have 2 sites back to back. It would make one pull through site(site C16 and D13). When we received our confirmation, it only showed site C16. At least we got one site. We'll probably have to take a cab to get to the rest of the rally, I haven't looked at the map yet. Now we are working on not getting billed twice.

Jamie

dieselsweetheart

Yes Sarah gave the Seamos a back to back site too so they can pull through. Maybe they are just putting us in that area and not booking empty sites to outsiders...so they aren't worried about us using extra sites... sounds good to me...2 sites, 1 price. An extra site will give us a large spot for a campfire!

Status
Not open for further replies.