EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: PA, Portersville - 6/10/2011 to 6/12/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
I got it!!! Best of all it comes in a kit and the kit was cheaper than buying the fleece by the yard so I'm ready! Bring it on, I'm a "crafter" now! Oh boy, just one more place this organization has taken me!

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
2 microfleece panels (48x60) one panel printed and 1 panel plain. That constitutes a kit but it's all I need.

seamo

Bob and Christina Seaman
Hi I want you to know that will we will not be able to attend the PA rally yet we will see you in Goshen.

Christina and Bob Seaman

dieselsweetheart

Bob and Christina...oh no!! You canceled the PA rally? So sorry to hear that! But good that you are still going to Goshen!! We will miss meeting you in PA though...thanks for letting me know!!!

new

Barb and Neal; It will be good to meet you, we have driven past your house a couple of times. Hows Ed Bilinski doing?
Not good,just came home from hospital,herna oper.,has bad hip too Wife has memory problems really bad whatever the name for is for that. He will be 95 in July. Look forward to meeting you folks------new

dieselsweetheart

Hi everyone....about 50 days till the rally...one thing I wanted to tell you to bring along is a walkie-talkie. These are great for staying in touch while we are convoying. While en route to Nashville last year we had a driver needing to stop and check out an issue with his truck...and by alerting us that he was stopping we were able to stop with him to help him troubleshoot... so pack one now so you don't FERGET!!! Don't forget the good $10/10 sales at the grocery stores too....

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Cheryl...been meaning to ask...when you guys convoy like this, what is your average speed on the highway??

dieselsweetheart

The d-engineer will have to tell you...but I think he goes about 60-65. We will probably have a good 6-7 hour trip ahead of us...with a couple stops in between for potty breaks and leg exercises...

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
The d-engineer will have to tell you...but I think he goes about 60-65. We will probably have a good 6-7 hour trip ahead of us...with a couple stops in between for potty breaks and leg exercises...

In that case, we'll probably have to follow behind...we, in an effort to conserve fuel, and our nerves, travel at 55 mph as a steadfast rule...so far on flat highway it's getting us around 12 mpg in the new truck....

Status
Not open for further replies.