EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: Quartzsite AZ, Brenda / Salome - 1/21/2015 to 1/25/2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Invizatu

Senior Road Warriors
Garry... Thanks for a great rally! Great seeing you again, it was a lot of fun. What a turnout!
Great and prizes and people!!!

Bret and Sandie

MTPockets

AZ Rally #2 and the best yet! What a great group and great chapter leader. Garry, your efforts putting together all the great door prizes, food and prep work is amazing. The vendor presentations were very helpful and the evening campfires unforgettable. Hope to see all again soon! 'Til next time. Safe travels! Terry & June

Re: EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: AZ, Brenda / Salome - 1/21/2015 to 1/25/2015

Thank you Garry and Dakota for hosting such a great event. Mike and I and our Peanut had a wonderful time. The info session you out together with Lippert was extremely valuable to us. This Arizona Chapter is such a nice group of people. Heartland should be very proud of this owners group. Thanks again.
The Carrs. Mike, Karen and Little Peanut.

paulh

Re: EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: AZ, Brenda / Salome - 1/21/2015 to 1/25/2015

Garry - thank you very much for all your hard work in putting together a great rally. We really enjoyed the Lippert, ARP and Joy Rider presentation, it was very informative. The food was also delicious and the raffles were a blast. What a great group of members you have in your chapter, we enjoyed meeting everybody. Count us in for next year in Tucson ! I hope Heartland takes note of your leadership and organization.

Thanks Again !!

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
Re: EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: Quartzsite AZ, Brenda / Salome - 1/21/2015 to...

I would like to express my appreciation to all who attended the Quartzsite Rally.....You are the one's that made it special and it was my pleasure to be able to have the time and privilege to assist as the Arizona Chapter leader. Thank you all for participating in this event and making it the most exciting Rally we have held so far. The attendance was amazing and the two new members we signed up during the Rally was super...Some of the gifts were very special and I would like to thank the Vendors for donating a few of the special gifts that everyone wanted to fight over....The $575 Joy Rider Shock system that was won by Paul....how fortunate he won it the night prior to going in to pay for this system.....The Lippert Lock system, the ARP refrigerator control module that keeps from frying your refrig....The $100 Henderson gift certificate.....The $200 Private Wine Tasting from KJV Vineyards and all the Chapter gifts that allowed everyone to walk away as a winner in the gift night....And of course it has to be said the "Steal a Gift Night" was a real hoot...who would every thought a bottle of Crown Royal, Hot Dam and Boogle Wine would have created such attention.....Congrats to Rita Potvin from Casper Wyo for winning $110 in the 50/50 drawing...Wyo was represented well with John, Rita, Art & Rose from Wyoming...You guys were all great!!!!!!!!!!!!!! See you in Oct for our next Rally as well as February 2016 in Tucson for the Rodeo and our winter Rally......Safe travels to everyone....The turn out was amazing.....Thank you Garry & Dakota "My Aussie Girl"
PS: It appears about 9 rigs will be going for the National Rally....I will be posting and sending out communications for us to caravan together....What a super time we will all have....

By the way thank you for the nice gift you all gave me....it was not necessary but it was very much appreciated....Your comments on the card really choked me up.....Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Ron-Cookie

Re: EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: Quartzsite AZ, Brenda / Salome - 1/21/2015 to...

Thank you.... Thank you... Thank you one and all for such a wonderful Rally.... Perle says "woof" to all the doggies that she became friends with (and a special "woof" to Dakota).. Thank you Garry for being such a wonderful Chapter Leader!!! You were great from early morning until late at night... Don't know how you can keep it up for days! Thanks again one and all.... Hope to see you all at our next chapter function or on the road to the National Heartland Rally.

llalsbury

Arizona Chapter Leaders - retired
Just a quick note to say we really had great time. Can't believe how much work and effort Garry put into making this rally a real success. Where do you get the energy Garry? You can count on Rose and I for the rally in Tucson next winter.

Gordonandbetty

Oh what a special fun time we had. This was our first rally and we came away with lots knowledge that was shared by everyone. Garry you are awesome. You had this so well organized with information and lots of fun! We will be changing from a junior membership to full membership. Again thank you for a wonderful time.

Doublegranch

Sunday eveing....Hope everyone is safe on your travels home or to the next hook up....Several of our members had tires problems and it appears they were all Towmax. Mark & Michelle blew out a tire, really just disintegrated it and had some coach damage as well. Bill & Natalie had the spare tire blow on the way to the rally and another blow out just out of Chandler on the way home. Mark, Michelle and myself were following each other, a call came in for some help. By the time we got there a Class A had given Bill his spare and followed them to Tucson to collect his spare back..Wow...what a benevolent gesture! Lynn & Rose found a large bubble on one tire when they arrived at the Rally and was able to get it changed without any damage....Poor John & Cathy not only blew a tire, they then lost a hub cap from the buddy bearing cap flying off. After leaving with parts from CW in Flagstaff they then had a wheel bearing seize up..But they were determined to make the Rally and did not allow this inconvenience of mechanical issues keep them from attending....You guys are troopers in every respect.

Bill you will have to post your story about how you blew a spare tire that was never used on your rig! I don't want to steal your thunder....this is one in a million story.

Be safe everyone!

Kosanko

WOW, There are no words to describe the amount of fun and knowledge we had at the Quartzite Rally this weekend....

Garry, Thank You for being a true Leader and not just a positional figure head for the group, I for one know that our Az. Chapter has by far the best Chapter Leader of the entire Heartland Owners Group. Sorry, that I may be bias but Garry is the nicest person that anyone could ever meet with a heart of gold, and displays leadership in everything he does with the group. This rally was exceptionatly well organized, every event was coordinated to the finest detail and everyone walked away a winner at the "steal a gift" and the "raffle". Also, I have to say this chapter is also the best fed group with all of the delicious food the was prepared for the pot-luck, not only by the food prep team, but all of the fine dishes that everyone brought to share with the group. If you walked away hungry "it was your own fault!!"

Also, a personal special thank you to Garry for "watching my 6" the entire why back from the rally so that we would make it home safe knowing we were running back without a spare tire on our coach, that is a true friend and leader that I am proud to have!!!

We are looking forward to the national rally this June and cannot wait to attend, but our heart belong to the Az. Chapter and we will represent it proud!!! And, YES we are in for the fall rally and next February in Tucson!!!

MKK

Thank you Garry for another awesome Rally!! You are truly an amazing and inspirational leader!! Can't wait for the National Rally in Indiana in June!! Also, Count us in for October and February 2016.
Thank you!!!!

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
What a wonderful event!

Thank you Garry and all of the other attendees for making this such a great time!

And it was fun to meet all of you that have chatted with me here in the Heartland forums!

I'm sorry that we didn't get a chance to meet everyone, but there are more rallies in the future, so we'll have another chance soon.

You guys are all great and can't wait to meet up again!

We had a blast, despite missing half of the rally due to our unexpected day and a half stay in Pheonix, and we are thinking about making the AZ Rally in Tucson next year!

Hope to see many of you this summer at one of the Colorado HOC events, or one of the others in this area of the country!

By the by . . . we made it to Albuquerque last night around 9 p.m. (we left Quartzsite at 9:30 a.m.) with no issues whatsoever . . .

But didn't find a campsite until after midnight! :confused: :p :mad:

But that is another nightmare horror story for another day and another topic thread! :eek:

chiefaret

This was our first rally, and we were very apprehensive because I am very shy. :) It was a great time, and all the folks there were so friendly and nice. We are looking forward to additional events. Gary, you did a great job organizing everything, the events were fun, especially the steal a gift, and the cookout! I am looking forward to going south later in the year to see some of the folks again.

Doublegranch

I would be remiss if not giving a big thank you to the Rally assist team.....

Jim for helping me cook the meat. Jeanne for cutting up 20 lbs of onions and not crying. Holly for cutting up 20 lbs of peppers. Ann and Jeanne for putting together the welcome bags. Terry & June for keeping the tortillas warm. Lynn and John D for taking all the pictures. Bob for helping me set up the rec room each night and Phil & Mary for keeping all the cash funds separate from our 50/50 and raffle money. Kim & Bob for hanging the banners and my daily hugs. Dakota for keeping me in check when I get excited...

You guys I owe a very big Thank You!

See you in June at the Nationals, Oct for Camp Verde and next Feb in Tucson.

Garry & Dakota

chiefaret

Well Gary must have a connection, after the great rally with pretty good weather, it has been raining most of the day in Quartzsite, where we went after he rally. So in additional to the thanks or a great event, thanks Gary for good weather as well.

Doublegranch

Well Gary must have a connection, after the great rally with pretty good weather, it has been raining most of the day in Quartzsite, where we went after he rally. So in additional to the thanks or a great event, thanks Gary for good weather as well.

[Steve: You are funny....the only connection I have is with Dakota...but I will try to tune in on each Rally for the weather and save you a dry spot...Thanks again for attending! I do need to talk with you about 2017 and the balloon festival for our winter Rally...I will give you a call in a few weeks..Just finishing up for 2016 in Tucson today....]

jwcox

Heartland has such a great group in this Arizona chapter and all this fun in the first year just sets the tone for more fun rallies to come. Thanks Garry and the whole group.

chiefaret

OK will be glad to help if the stars align for the balloon festival. Won't have to drive to far as well.

Doublegranch

OK will be glad to help if the stars align for the balloon festival. Won't have to drive to far as well.[Well in that case tell Ginger she can owe me a plate of brownies....Let me know aprox what the charges per night are and the RV Resort you recommend...If it works out, I will drive up and spend the night and check it out, maybe by that time you can have a drink...]

Status
Not open for further replies.