EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: Quartzsite AZ, Brenda / Salome - 1/21/2015 to 1/25/2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrsfish

And the party has started. Ann and rick in D101, Bob and Marian in D87 and Betty and Gordon in d105. I know ther' sa couple more here - come on over and say hi!

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
We are at the Grand Canyon now . . . will roll in there on Wednesday!

Was just looking at the Google Map trying to figure out the best way to get there from the south rim . . .

JohnD

It is 33 degrees and snowing this morning up here at the Grand Canyon!

We'll be heading out in a couple of hours, so will see you all this afternoon!

JohnD

We will not be able to arrive tonight as planned...

We had a wheel bearing go out in the trailer and can't get it fixed until morning!

We are stuck in Phoenix until then...

gwalter

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: Quartzsite AZ, Brenda / Salome - 1/21/2015 to...

Sorry to hear that John. Was it the same wheel that the tire was showing uneven tread wear? Hopefully they can get you back on the road quickly.

Kosanko

Re: EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: Quartzsite AZ, Brenda / Salome - 1/21/2015 to...

We are loaded up and heading out tomorrow morning, so can anyone tell me how long of a drive are we expecting from Tucson? Also, How is the free Wi/Fi at Desert Gold RV Resort?

JohnD

Re: EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: Quartzsite AZ, Brenda / Salome - 1/21/2015 to...

Sorry to hear that John. Was it the same wheel that the tire was showing uneven tread wear? Hopefully they can get you back on the road quickly.

No...

That was the rear drivers side tire...

This is the front passenger side tire...the same one that lost the hub cap that I replaced at the Flagstaff Camping World.

I'm really surprised that the service guy at CW didn't notice that the bearing cap on that wheel was missing (probably when that flew off is what took the hubcap with it).

We are at a campground next to the RV shop...got an appointment at 8 am.

chiefaret

Sorry you had problems, hope the repair goes quick and you can make it out here tomorrow. Looking forward to meeting you as we have conversed on the site many times.

My Question Is: are members allowed to attend events at Quartzite even if we do not bring our camper?. We are at ValVista RV Park in Casa Grande for the Winter. We are from Nebraska. We just do not know the rules about rallies. del & Sandy. I also do not know much about posting and threads.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
My Question Is: are members allowed to attend events at Quartzite even if we do not bring our camper?. We are at ValVista RV Park in Casa Grande for the Winter. We are from Nebraska. We just do not know the rules about rallies. del & Sandy. I also do not know much about posting and threads.

I know I attended one without ours! First I checked with the Chapter Leaders. Then, I asked the rv park where the rally was held, if it was ok for me to visit and where should I park. I paid a $5 a day parking fee. My sister in law and I attended the meet-and-greet and the potluck dinner, and we brought a dish to share.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ron-Cookie

We are loaded up and heading out tomorrow morning, so can anyone tell me how long of a drive are we expecting from Tucson? Also, How is the free Wi/Fi at Desert Gold RV Resort?
Hi Mark and Machelle

We came down yesterday and it took about three hours from Maricopa... Should take you around 4 to 4 and a half if you drive around 60.. Looking forward to seeing you guys again... Take the Phoenix bypass on I-8.. Using their internet to respond here... Seems ok

Kosanko

Thanks Ron, I will plan on 5+ hours with the girls and living east of Tucson. Looking forward to meeting with the group again since we are "old timers" in the Chapter since this is our 2nd rally...lol

Also, looking forward to meeting Cookie

MTPockets

Thanks Ron, I will plan on 5+ hours with the girls and living east of Tucson. Looking forward to meeting with the group again since we are "old timers" in the Chapter since this is our 2nd rally...lolAlso, looking forward to meeting Cookie
. Mark, for us it was exactly 5 hrs from Voyager on Kolb Rd driving 63mph, and that included lunch at Subway in Gila Bend. Terry & June

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired

Sorry I am late in responding to your questions, but I am at the Rally and busy doing the activities. Yes you are welcome, but if not a paid member of the Heartland Owners Club, you will be charged $20 for the Rally activities. This includes your Pot Luck Dinner and all gift nights. This is Wed and we will be here through Sunday at Noon. If you would like to speak with me call me at 520 455 0237....We would love to have you and no you don't have to have your RV with you, but you do have to own a Heartland to be a paid member.... Garry

Last edited by a moderator:

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired

No...

That was the rear drivers side tire...

This is the front passenger side tire...the same one that lost the hub cap that I replaced at the Flagstaff Camping World.

I'm really surprised that the service guy at CW didn't notice that the bearing cap on that wheel was missing (probably when that flew off is what took the hubcap with it).

We are at a campground next to the RV shop...got an appointment at 8 am.

John & Cathy: So sorry you are having problems....we all waited for your arrival today and I got your phone message when I returned to the RV. Hope to see you here tomorrow....please call me in the morning and let me know how it is going....Mary & Phil are here and we all can't wait for your arrival...You missed a great presentation this evening to our group involving Lippert, Joy Rider Shock Systems and will fill you in when you arrive....Drive safely....Garry

Last edited by a moderator:

jbeletti

Hello Garry and all Quartzsite rally attendees. Just checking in and wishing you all a fantastic time at the rally!

Status
Not open for further replies.