EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: Quartzsite AZ, Brenda / Salome - 1/21/2015 to 1/25/2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
One week from right about now (today 9 am Sunday, 1-11-15), we'll be rolling out of Denver for Arizona!

See you all next week!

Oh . . . GO BRONCOS!

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
John....

We are in the 10 day count down...Can't wait.....You guys derive safely and let me know if you need anything..

YES GO BRONCOS......

JohnD

Well . . . so much for the Broncos!

Maybe next year . . .

As it turns out, we will be leaving Saturday morning instead, so we'll have an extra day to explore before we get to the rally!

rnewk52

Greetings, put us down for cup cakes, assorted flavors.
Looking forward to meeting everyone.
John & Rita Potvin

Doublegranch

ONE WEEK TIL THE RALLY....

Here is a reminder list for the Quartzsite Rally...
- Only fires allowed are in the BBQ area. They have a large firepit to use.
- Bring your own wood to use the Fire Pit.
- Phoenix bi-pass via I-8 to exit 119 to AZ85 back to I-10 will keep you out of heavy traffic
- Those arriving on the 20th, Taco dinner at Ann & Ricks RV
- Remember to bring your "Steal A Gift" unwrapped..
- RV sites were assigned by the size of each trailer, no changes per Resort. Don't ask to be changed next to someone.
- Pot Luck Dinner....5x7 cards will be available for marking your side dish. List any meat items in your dish, some members do not eat meat.
- Name tags..wear your Heartland name tag to all events, I have tags for those without badges
- Bring your own utensils to the Pot Luck Dinner.....plates, etc
- Welcome bags for each rig will have maps, brochures, small gifts and Chapter Rally letter.
- Alcohol may be brought into the clubhouse, but you must remove all containers from the premises after each use.
- Club house use....our group has grown beyond the scope of the rooms so please plan to bring your lawn chair when we use the clubhouse. There are only about 30 chairs in this room.
Events:
- Wed....Social hour and Lippert presentation
- Thur...Pot Luck Dinner
- Fri......Steal A Gift night
- Sat.....Door prizes, 50/50 and Grand prize drawing

See you all next week for an exciting Rally..

Last edited:

MTPockets

Garry, you are soooo organized. We're blessed to have you as the AZ chapter leader.... See you on the 20th!

JohnD

Pulling the Trail Runner out of the yard today and we leave tomorrow morning for Arizona!

Yea!!!!!! :cool:

The cats all have their bags packed . . . I still have to get mine ready, though . . . :eek:

Doublegranch

John,

You guys have a safe drive.....Looking forward to seeing you in a few days....
Dakota sends her best to the cats.

Ron-Cookie

Getting anxious for next week to come... Took our trailer out of storage today... Put Desert Gold RV Resort in the Garmin.... Topping up the tires for the trip... Nice to see "AreWe" out front of the house... Tuesday can't come soon enough... Even Perle knows that something is about to happen... Hey everyone drive safe and see you all soon!

Doublegranch

Ron
Remember that some garmins do not show Brenda when you program it....Some will send you in a wrong direction,,,, When you get off I-10 the first exit prior to approaching Quartzsite, you will drive down a two lane road for several miles. You will come to a round about..my garmin sent me to the right...don't go that way, take the round about and go to your left....continue for about 5 miles or so...Desert gold will be on your left...well marked and you cannot miss it. This way appeared faster than going to Quartzsite and then back tracking....Our RV site is about 15 miles from Quartzsite....Hope this helps everyone......I will arrive around 10 am on Tuesday the 20th.

MTPockets

Ron
Remember that some garmins do not show Brenda when you program it....Some will send you in a wrong direction,,,, When you get off I-10 the first exit prior to approaching Quartzsite, you will drive down a two lane road for several miles. You will come to a round about..my garmin sent me to the right...don't go that way, take the round about and go to your left....continue for about 5 miles or so...Desert gold will be on your left...well marked and you cannot miss it. This way appeared faster than going to Quartzsite and then back tracking....Our RV site is about 15 miles from Quartzsite....Hope this helps everyone......I will arrive around 10 am on Tuesday the 20th.
. I was just looking at Google Maps and from I-10 - Rt 60 exit 31, it's 4 miles to Desert Gold RV.

JohnD

We are on our way . . . decided to spend the night at the Las Vegas, NM KOA!

Thought we were on the verge of a BlowMax moment, when I saw what I thought was a tire separation getting ready to blow.

But after looking over the situation, I discovered that the tire was gouged on a piece of moulding under the slide when we hit a big unmarked bump on I-25 in Colorado Springs, and the tire seems to be OK.

BadBlowMaxSmall.jpg

Interestingly, there is less than a half an inch of space between the top of the tire and the bottom of the slide out!

Tried to get it checked at the Walmart in Trinidad as the Big O Tire store was closed . . . but they didn't seem interested in helping me out, so we pressed on.

Will stop in Albuquerque tomorrow to get it swapped with the spare, then on the the Petrified National Monument (hopefully) for the night!

Mrsfish

ALERT - as Gary tried to advise us Desert Gold RV park is NOT is Salome even though all their literature refers to it. Turn your GPS off - here's the easy direction. west on I10 to 11 miles before Quartzsite, take exit 31 and head east on highway 60 for 3 1/2 miles. Resort is on the right. And for those coming from Tucson, the Phoenix alternative route that was posted earlier is awesome. Better paved 4 lane road than I8 and a nice easy drive. We're here and waiting! Safe travels everyone.

just saw that mtpockets posted the same route as above. Follow this route, you will not be sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.