EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: TN, Crossville - 9/6/2013 to 9/8/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
The play is a matinee at 2:30 pm central time on Saturday afternoon.

Nabo

Please don't forget about the Heartland Give Back that the rally is doing for the Avalon Center. The Avalon Center provides emergency shelters, prevention education and provides advocacy as well as many other things for victims of domestic violence and sexual assault, servicing 5 counties in Tennessee. The Center needs items like toilet paper, paper towels, paper plated, trash bags, hand soap, etc. to name a few things. A full list of the shelter wish list is on the first post. Please pull it up, print it and visit your local stores to provide some of the items listed.

A representative from the Center is coming by Saturday evening to receive our donations.

Last edited:

Rodbuster

I will not be able to play but I might ride along to help keep one of your players in line. Health issues. Ken

I sent a PM to Nathan but thought that I should post it here also.
I don't think that I'll be joining the Heartland gang on the links either.
I've been putting up with back problems for a long time and as careful as I try to be, it still goes out at the most inconvenient times.
I'm disappointed because the guys I've been playing with are a good group and alot of fun.

Told Nathan that there might be a 10% chance my back will be better, but I don't think so.

Dick

Nabo

Sorry to hear about Rodbuster's (Dick's) back. Gosh - the end of the season is wearing us all out. Get well Tom, Ken and Dick.

Just checked the early forecast for Crossville next week and it looks great - upper 70's to low 80's during the day and low to mid 60's at night. Yea :)

GETnBYE

I am getting my items ready. I think this a very worthy cause.
Please don't forget about the Heartland Give Back that the rally is doing for the Avalon Center. The Avalon Center provides emergency shelters, prevention education and provides advocacy as well as many other things for victims of domestic violence and sexual assault, servicing 5 counties in Tennessee. The Center needs items like toilet paper, paper towels, paper plated, trash bags, hand soap, etc. to name a few things. A full list of the shelter wish list is on the first post. Please pull it up, print it and visit your local stores to provide some of the items listed.

A representative from the Center is coming by Saturday evening to receive our donations.

krhyde

Kentucky Chapter Leaders-retired
I sent a PM to Nathan but thought that I should post it here also.
I don't think that I'll be joining the Heartland gang on the links either.
I've been putting up with back problems for a long time and as careful as I try to be, it still goes out at the most inconvenient times.
I'm disappointed because the guys I've been playing with are a good group and alot of fun.

Told Nathan that there might be a 10% chance my back will be better, but I don't think so.

Dick
You big baby!!!

Nabo

Info on the pre-rally event on Friday. The Open House and Luncheon provided by The Gardens-an RV Village, at the home of Jim and Nancy Beletti will be between 11:30 to 1:30. Please bring something to sit on, another words chairs. Also try to carpool in that parking will be tight. There are 2 empty lots, one on each side of the Beletti's home that can be used for parking so please park there. This will help minimizes the number of vehicles in the community.

Nabo

Weather update for end of next week - mid 70's daytime, low to mid 60's evenings. Maybe a break in the heat - YEA!

Nabo

Thanks Jay and yes hopefully the weather will be great.

Update - Jim Cogdill Dodge will have a Ram Truck between 10:00 - 2:00 Saturday in front of the clubhouse. They have received the new 2014 models but are selling them pretty fast but will try to have one for the rally.

Nancy Beletti will have an open house with samples of Mary Kaye products between 10:00 - 12:00 Saturday morning at her campsite. And of course the new Landmark Savannah will be open for viewing.

Nabo

Almost ready for the rally. See the early folks on Monday. Travel safely everyone and Happy Labor Day.
TN-KY rally 2013.jpg

GETnBYE

Almost ready for the rally. See the early folks on Monday. Travel safely everyone and Happy Labor Day.
View attachment 26239
We got here today and got set up and grocery shopping done, along with 3 million other people in Wally world.

I am excited to explore this area, looks like a lot to find and do.

Our 1yr. old grandson came to camp for a few days with us for his first time, he brought his mom and dad too.
We went to the fair for his first merry go round ride, the fair was huge. He liked the baby goats at the fair almost more than the ride. Walked several miles.
The campground is very nice and the owners even nicer. I think it is going to be a fun week.

jbeletti

We got here today and got set up and grocery shopping done, along with 3 million other people in Wally world.

I am excited to explore this area, looks like a lot to find and do.

Our 1yr. old grandson came to camp for a few days with us for his first time, he brought his mom and dad too.
We went to the fair for his first merry go round ride, the fair was huge. He liked the baby goats at the fair almost more than the ride. Walked several miles.
The campground is very nice and the owners even nicer. I think it is going to be a fun week.

Hi Nita! That's cool that you went to our fair. Just a small fair but fun for the locals. We went last week. It's gotta be getting over anyday now. See you Monday!

ALF

Former Georgia Chapter Leaders
Just called and changed our reservation to come in Monday. At least I can be there early to look at that new Ram since Sue won't be there (LOL) :)....Sue will have to work until Thursday :(.

Nabo

We have one more rallier joining us - Sam and Larry Bandstra just made their reservations. WOW!!! :)
See ya'll tomorrow

wildwolfproducts

Not sure be we may not make it. For some reason my sugar level is through the roof. Hoping its the steroids I finished up about a week ago. But last night it hit 345 and i Have always had low blood sugar levels. Mine drops down around 36 on me. But now its staying above 200, as soon as I can get an Appointment with my doctor Tuesday am. Will get checked out or hope it drops back down . Man I feel bad and have been this way for 5 days. If it had not started dropping last night, I was about to head to the Emergency room. Never had these issues so not sure what to do.
Hope to know by Tuesday evening for sure on this. But know I'm not up to the drive the way I'm feeling now for sure.
Pete

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Wish we could make it, but we are no longer in Tennessee...we were sent to MD to work in DC until probably Thanksgiving...Pete, hope you find out what's happening and get in taken care of...feel better!!

Status
Not open for further replies.