EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: TN, Sevierville - 5/9/2014 to 5/11/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

VKTalley

Ok - I need some help. Will someone volunteer (hint hint - you are in the volunteer state) to act as the rally photographer?
Thanks
Byrd

Hi Byrd, Malcolm can do that! (I asked first before volunteering him) We will be there on Friday. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Thanks Valerie aka Malcolm. A photographer has been found. Can't wait to see lots and lots of pictures.

Nabo

If anyone has decided that they want a t-shirt and missed the order date, we will sell ours to you if you need a large and an x-lrg. We have to leave the rally early and won't be there on the day for wearing the shirts. Thanks

Anita - you don't have to do that. I ordered a couple of extra.
B--

Nabo

​Here is some interesting info on the rally. We have 13 different states represented and 8 different Heartland products coming. WOW - that's pretty amazing. Can't wait to see everyone next week.

TandC

Carol & I had to cancel our reservations for the TN rally due to my back problem(s).
We likely will have to cancel out of the KY rally also. Hopefully, I'll be better and we can
attend the National in VA. We'll miss being with y'all in TN!!!
Terrell

Nabo

Terrell - sorry to hear about the back problem. Nothing hurts worse than your back being out. We will miss you and Carol. Get well soon and hopefully we will see in KY or VA.
Byrd

superduty08

Tennessee Chapter Leaders
Haulinem, Byrd put directions on post 203. I'm with Nathan and Byrd on only coming in on I40. 321 out of Townsend toward Ware's Valley has a lot of narrow switch backs and very steep inclines that it would not be easy nor safe pulling your fiver. It's a great drive without a trailer.

Nabo

Tom - I have only you and Dick Hill unless you can get "The Keeper of the Pink Ball" to also play. He should be there Tuesday. We are also coming in Tuesday (late) but Nathan has to go to work Wednesday so he's out.

Terry - Bobby is correct about the switch-backs coming from Townsend (Townsend is after Maryville on Hwy 321). I have seen camper almost roll over because they have hung the wheels off the road which has a huge drop-off, almost going over. I have even seen a dump truck tumble over down the hill. The state is also trying to fortify the road because it's starting to wash out so alot of the road is single lane. We are not big fans for Pigeon Forge because of the traffic pulling a camper but it's a lot safer than weaving thru the switch-backs from Townsend.

GETnBYE

I have seen camper almost roll over because they have hung the wheels off the road which has a huge drop-off, almost going over. I have even seen a dump truck tumble over down the hill. The state is also trying to fortify the road because it's starting to wash out so alot of the road is single lane.
I would not make it from fear, even if the camper did. We are are doing like you say, Byrd.

ncc1701e

Miss Millie ask that I see if there is anyone interested in playing Pegs & Jokers Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday evening. If you do not know how it is very easy to learn. The set we carry can handle 10 players (5 couples). Often we play teams men against women.

Tom

GETnBYE

Miss Millie ask that I see if there is anyone interested in playing Pegs & Jokers Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday evening. If you do aot know how it is very easy to learn. The set we carry can handle 10 players (5 couples). Often we play teams men against women.

Tom
I would like to learn and Wayne might also. I will ask him. Will we have use of a place to play?

MCTalley

Just saw the Eanes' Bighorn in front of Camping World in Nashville with the slides out. Hope you all aren't having any major issue. We're over in the KOA if you stay local tonight.

MCTalley

I guess the Eanes are trading up. There was a new Bighorn parked next to their old one when we drove out. Sounds like we'll have to arrange an open house!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nabo

Tom - I will try to learn this game which I hope is a card game. I will be at the campground tomorrow evening and will talk to the manager about getting into the clubhouse early.

I still have some stuff to stuff into the bags if anyone is willing to help. I know Anita can't cuz she will be SHOPPING (heehee).

jjwink

We love P & J!! We have enough for 6 so we could have a tournament. We will be there on Thursday. Look forward to seeing everyone again.

Status
Not open for further replies.