EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: TN, Townsend - 8/5/2011 to 8/7/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Jim - golf hasn't been set up yet - will let ya know.
I was just double checking the list of ones who want to go on the Cades Cove bus tour. If I missed anyone, please let me know. So far I have:Jim/Nancy Beletti, Lee/Linda McClure, Eric/Hallie Grubaugh, Jim/Harriett Dahlgren, Marv/Karen Osborne, Eric/Dorothy VanOpstal, Dick/Reta Hill, Bobby/Linda Eanes & Terry/Renee Deal. The bus will be at the campground at 9:30 am, having us at Cades Cove when the gates open at 10:00. We should return back to the campgrounds between 12 - 12:30.

lduguay

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Hey Nathan & Byrd,

Count us in for the upcoming, fantastic, fabulous, incredible TN Rally!!!! We are booked for Site 25.

Kem and I would also like to participate in the Cades Cove trip. Are folks taking bikes to ride the Cove? We did that a few years ago and it is beautiful.....saw some bears in the trees too.

We look forward to seeing everyone again!!

Lance & Kem

PS. Yes Terry, my incredible backing up skills are vastly IMPROVED!!!! And yes, we will probably be one of the last folks in Friday evening:rolleyes:

trdeal

Hey Nathan & Byrd,

Count us in for the upcoming, fantastic, fabulous, incredible TN Rally!!!! We are booked for Site 25.

Kem and I would also like to participate in the Cades Cove trip. Are folks taking bikes to ride the Cove? We did that a few years ago and it is beautiful.....saw some bears in the trees too.

We look forward to seeing everyone again!!

Lance & Kem

PS. Yes Terry, my incredible backing up skills are vastly IMPROVED!!!! And yes, we will probably be one of the last folks in Friday evening:rolleyes:
Lance,my score card will be waiting for you to arrive!

lduguay

HA......don't have to back in!!!.......this will be my first PULL THRU at a CG.....storage is pull thru :) But, I might just back in to show off.....cause I been PRACTICING!!! :)

Nabo

Lance & Kem- we are so glad that ya'll can make it no matter how late ya'll get in - we'll keep the porch light on. Byrd will also put ya down for the tour.
As for the biking the loop, the tour is in a bus, therefore bikes are not required.

Nabo

WOW - we have met and passed the pre-reserved number of campsites. Don't let that stop you from coming! I have talked with the campground and they will try to put you in the next row beside the rally folks so come-on. Also if we have 20 coaches on site, they will provide the BBQ on Saturday night.

Nathan is working on the golf outing. How will Friday afternoon work?

Last edited:

Nabo

Can't believe its just over 4 weeks till the Tennessee rally. Can't wait!!! We still have room, so for those who haven't registered yet - come on down.
Byrd has just booked the second bus for the Cades Cove tour because we now have 24 people going - yea. If you haven't had time to respond about going on the tour and would like to go, please let us know. We still have room but need to keep an eye on the total overall numbers.
Nathan is planning a golf outing Friday afternoon which is open to all - just let us know if you would like to play.

Nabo

Nathan is planning on an early afternoon golf outing. We are camping this weekend in Townsend and we are planning on running over to the golf course to get definite times (it's too far out to book online). But you and Harriett plan on coming anyway on Thursday. There are going to be a few folks already here.

Update - golf is on for Friday afternoon with a couple of tee times, 1:00 & 1:10 pm - cost $30 including cart ($25/seniors). So bring your bats and lets have some fun.

For those that are arriving early - there's a couple of good eating places. Let's plan on going out!!!

Last edited:

Nabo

Golf is on so bring your golf clubs. We are booked (tee times 1:00/1:10 pm Friday) at Laurel Valley Golf course in Townsend. Cost is $30 ($25/seniors) which includes the golf cart. So come on and let's have some fun. (Dick - that means you)

Last edited:

Nabo

For those who have asked about the hayride, we will not be doing it since we are doing the bus tour.

Nabo

Tom - Glad you can come early enough to play golf. Will add you to the list.

UPDATED: Just talked with RVS for Less who will be bringing a couple of new coaches for viewing to the rally. They are also sponsoring the BBQ meat for Saturday night's potluck dinner as well as the Welcome bags. With the meat donation, the only thing that you will need to bring to the potluck dinner is a side dish or a dessert, plus your drinks. Plates and utensils will be provided.

I'm getting excited - hope ya'll are too.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Nathan, Kelly and I sure wish we could have came up for the rally but unfortunately with work, we will be traveling from Wisconsin starting on the 6th. So no rally fun for the 2ps in August. ;(

Nabo

2psnapod - we will miss ya'll but understand the work thang. We both are still in the work force and know how juggling work and fun is hard. Travel safely and hope to see ya'll soon.

superduty08

Tennessee Chapter Leaders
Duthman, I think I'll have to try it sometime next year. Juggling free time has to be worth juggling. My Dad always said that he wondered how he had time to work.

lmcclure

1st Tennessee Member#1084
I didn't know until I retired just how much time I wouldn't have to relax. With all of the Honey Do's and such I may have to go back to work to rest up.. lol See you in August, I am really up for this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.