EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: TX, Canton - 10/11/2013 to 10/13/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

larryanddonnakeever

Past Oklahoma Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Nancy, We are really sorry that we are having to cancel our trip to your rally in Canton. We had to admit Donna's 92 year old Dad to the hospital Friday and he will probably be there for at least a week. We were so looking forward to being there. Larry and Donna

nander

Texas North Chapter Leaders-retired
We will miss you, but understand completely. We will be praying for a speedy recovery.

Thanks,

Nancy
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

nander

REMINDER:

As part of the Heartland Gives Back program, we will be supporting the Mana Food Bank. If you wish to participate, please bring canned or dry package food. We will collect it and turn it over to the food bank at the end of the rally.

Dave will be playing golf Friday morning. If you are interested in playing, please send a PM or email.

We look forward to seeing everyone Friday!

nander

I received a message from Mark & Judy Reel that they will not be able to attend the rally.
We will miss meeting them, but hope to see them at another rally.

mmomega

AnyTimer
Not sure if anyone else is interested but Saturday (probably after the ExploreRV open house we are going to head down to road to Lindale, it's about 30 mins or so East of Canton just North of HWY20. Glenda is wanting to go to The Pink Pistol opening, it's one of Miranda Lambert's store she is opening in her old hometown.

Not sure what all they have there yet I was just told that I would be driving her there lol.

mmomega

AnyTimer
Well we will not be making it either, as we were about to hook up the RV to the truck around noon Glenda was walking around the truck and had a nasty fall, she rolled her ankle which the Docs think tore some ligament and broke her arm up near her elbow, both on her left side.

We were at the hospital for a few hours determining what was wrong and she could barely even step up into the truck so I just got off the phone with Mill Creek to cancel. There's almost no way she could make it up and down the RV steps.

I think she was more upset about not being able to go anywhere than anything else.

nander

Sorry to hear this! Hope she feels better soon!

Thanks,

Nancy

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
We were sitting in the trailer yesterday when Jim, a Cyclone owner that we met while visiting St Paul MN when we were on our way to the MN rally. We had invited he and his wife to either of the Texas rallies but they are unable to attend due to family issues. He did take time to ride his motorcycle over for a visit here in Canton. Cool stuff!!!

nander

That is very cool! Maybe he can come to future rallies!

Thanks,

Nancy

Terry H

Past Texas North Chapter Leader/Moderator
Staff member
Many thanks to Nancy and Dave for a great and fun rally! Carol and I had a great time!

nander

Kathy Silver from the Mana Food Bank picked up the food and checks today. We had 104 food items! She was so happy to receive them!
Thank you all for your generosity!

RichPal

We want to thank y'all for making us feel welcome at our first, but not last, HOC Rally. Got home safely in spite of the heavy rain and BAD drivers.

Richard and Mary Palmer

danemayer

Nancy and Dave did a great job but this rally isn't over yet. The Maxwells and Mayers are still here rallying even if everyone else left early.:)

stevenssr

Nancy and Dave, thank you for all your hard work putting this together! Stacy and I enjoyed getting to meet everyone and getting lots of great advice. I look forward to seeing everyone again soon!
Thanks,
Scott

nander

We're glad everyone had a good time. We really enjoyed meeting/seeing old and new friends!

I have uploaded pictures to the gallery here: //heartlandowners.org/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=56572

I almost forgot...Terry was the winner of the traveling sombrero that Monica Ashby brought from the Amana, Iowa rally!

DSC_0053.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.