EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: UT, Glendale - 9/27/2016 to 10/2/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Monica,
Green River is a nice State Park Campground and a good stopover point. There are some sites big enough for our rigs. Somewhere I have a list of the bigger sites and I will try to find it. Trace

gasman

Camp Socializer
Monica, we were just there last week and we have stayed there previously. The sites are paved with lots of grass and mature shade trees. You should be able to go on the reservation website(I can't remember the site they use, but if you search Green River State Park you will get there), and it will list the length of the sites. They also have a very decent 9 hole golf course as part of the park.

pegmikef

Trace, I had to change my arrival date from the 23rd to the 26th of September. I spoke with a lady at the park and she made the change. Hope this isn't a problem. Mike

TandT

Trace, I had to change my arrival date from the 23rd to the 26th of September. I spoke with a lady at the park and she made the change. Hope this isn't a problem. Mike

Not a problem Mike. Thanks for the heads up. Trace

Retired_Now

Hi Everyone,
We will be leaving out of the Austin, TX area and would like to know if any of you Texans can recommend a good route to get to the rally.

nander

Texas North Chapter Leaders-retired
Hi Everyone,
We will be leaving out of the Austin, TX area and would like to know if any of you Texans can recommend a good route to get to the rally.

There is a South TX rally in Ingram the weekend before. Several are leaving from this rally to go to the Utah Rally and then to Vegas. You should come to the STX Rally and then caravan with us to Utah. I'm not sure of the route yet. :D

pegmikef

Hi Everyone,

We will be leaving from San Angelo and I am going via Big Spring, La Mesa, TX, Roswell, NM, Albuquerque, NM and Gallup, NM with overnights in Roswell and Gallup. It is about 990 miles for me.

I imagine the folks leaving from Ingram will probably be doing something like go up 83 to the Sweetwater area, pick up 84 and then go around Lubbock, then continue via Clovis, NM and then Ft. Sumner, NM. Pick up I-40 and continue via Albuquerque and Gallup. This is about 1,150 miles and a similar route might work for you if you take 290 over to 83

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
My plans are to leave Ingram on Monday September 19th to Big Spring TX (224 miles) to Albuquerque NM (414 miles), extra day stay here, to Gallup NM (141 miles) to Glendale UT (354 miles). Or at least that's the plan now.

pegmikef

My plans are to leave Ingram on Monday September 19th to Big Spring TX (224 miles) to Albuquerque NM (414 miles), extra day stay here, to Gallup NM (141 miles) to Glendale UT (354 miles). Or at least that's the plan now.

After I wrote these routes I changed mine. Jay we will be three or four days behind you as we are going to stop home for a few days. Basically the same route except we will overnight in Clovis, NM and Gallup, NM.

gasman

Camp Socializer
That's why we are spending almost 6 weeks in the state, 4 of the weeks at the rally location.

I'm sure you are seeing Zion and Bryce Canyon but just a few miles north of Kanab is the Best Friends Animal Rescue. You can take a free tour of the facility, it is quite large. This is a great stop for animal lovers. You might also consider driving over to Monument Valley.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Anyone gonna be hanging out until a day or two before the Vegas Rally?

We'll be rollin' through there probably Monday or Tuesday before the rally in Vegas starts and we'll be looking for a place to spend a night or two.

TandT

Just added Kirk and Becky (cptnkirk) (UT) (#3181) to the standby list. If you would like to attend this Rally, please email or PM me and I will add you to the waiting list. This is shaping up to be a great gathering of Heartland friends.

Please do not call the parks directly at this time without contacting me first, as we are currently in a standby mode. Thanks, Trace

TandT

Anyone gonna be hanging out until a day or two before the Vegas Rally?

We'll be rollin' through there probably Monday or Tuesday before the rally in Vegas starts and we'll be looking for a place to spend a night or two.

John,
If you are interested in trying to get a space at the Glendale Rally, please email, message me, or post to this thread and I will add you to the standby list. Most who are attending this Rally are caravaning to Vegas on October 2, which is the first day of the National Pre-Rally. Trace

gasman

Camp Socializer
There is a magnificent amphitheater just minutes northwest of St. George. The Tuacahn Amphitheater will be showing Tarzan, Peter Pan, and The Hunchback of Notre Dame during the rally week. These are near Broadway quality shows and the setting, nestled in the red rock cliffs, is breathtaking. Check out their website if you might be interested in attending. The link is https://www.tuacahn.org.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
John,
If you are interested in trying to get a space at the Glendale Rally, please email, message me, or post to this thread and I will add you to the standby list. Most who are attending this Rally are caravaning to Vegas on October 2, which is the first day of the National Pre-Rally. Trace

We'll be rollin' through there on our way to Vegas the day after you guys leave to caravan to Vegas!

Guess we'll see y'all there!

TandT

There is a magnificent amphitheater just minutes northwest of St. George. The Tuacahn Amphitheater will be showing Tarzan, Peter Pan, and The Hunchback of Notre Dame during the rally week. These are near Broadway quality shows and the setting, nestled in the red rock cliffs, is breathtaking. Check out their website if you might be interested in attending. The link is https://www.tuacahn.org.

Great call Mike. Thank you. Trace

Cptkirk

Trace, just called Bryce Zion campground and everything is set.. we are really happy to get in and be with everybody for this rally... Count us in for dinner and we can't wait to be there...Kirk....

Status
Not open for further replies.