EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: VA, Luray - 6/10/2016 to 6/12/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil Smith

Retired South Carolina Chapter Leader
Eric, how are you doing for sites? I'm not sure we can make it happen but we are talking about the possibility. I have to get some work done on my truck first but...We're trying. I love that area if VA.

Flying Dutchman

Virginia Chapter Leaders - Retired
Great messaging with you Phil, hope the truck fix is easy and we get to see you and Becky in Luray. There are sites available.

camperjohn08

Ok... Nancy & I will be attending this Rally and shall arrive Thursday 9 June and depart Monday 13 June..... We are on site 46 at the present time. Will there be Tee-Shirts hehehe we are mediums if so........ So let itbe Bright and Sunny and a Group campfire to talk and have fun for all.... :):) :)
Up dating our arrival date: Arriving Wednesday 8 June...... so you know..... :):):)

- - - Updated - - -

Ok... Nancy & I will be attending this Rally and shall arrive Thursday 9 June and depart Monday 13 June..... We are on site 46 at the present time. Will there be Tee-Shirts hehehe we are mediums if so........ So let itbe Bright and Sunny and a Group campfire to talk and have fun for all.... :):) :)
Up dating our arrival date: Arriving Wednesday 8 June...... so you know..... :):):)

fordtech 2008

sorry we are going to miss the rally this year, we are going to ny the last week in june so we can't do both, hope to see everyone sometime later this year.

Flying Dutchman

An agenda has been added to Post #1

Calling for volunteers. :angel:
Due to lack of cooking/heating area within the Yurt, we have decided to have the Club provide hamburgers and hot dogs for the Saturday dinner. Asking for at least 2 volunteers with grills to assist in cooking the hamburgers and hot dogs.
Asking also for volunteers to assist with cooking scrambled eggs and heating bacon (pre-cooked) for Saturday breakfast.

Randy

Founding Georgia Chapter Leader (Ret)
Eric. I will bring the 3 burner gas grill to help with the eggs and bacon. We also have our small gas grill
to fix burgers and dogs.
Randy, Santha and the Poodles

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
Eric, Carol and I travel with a portable grill we can bring over and cook burgers or hot dogs on. It's not huge (Weber Q-220) but we can certainly help out.

Flying Dutchman

Eric. I will bring the 3 burner gas grill to help with the eggs and bacon. We also have our small gas grill
to fix burgers and dogs.
Randy, Santha and the Poodles

Thanks Randy. See you soon.

- - - Updated - - -

Eric, Carol and I travel with a portable grill we can bring over and cook burgers or hot dogs on. It's not huge (Weber Q-220) but we can certainly help out.

Thanks Santa, we have the same grill. Love that Weber.

JMVford

retired Maryland Chapter Leaders
An agenda has been added to Post #1

Calling for volunteers. :angel:
Due to lack of cooking/heating area within the Yurt, we have decided to have the Club provide hamburgers and hot dogs for the Saturday dinner. Asking for at least 2 volunteers with grills to assist in cooking the hamburgers and hot dogs.
Asking also for volunteers to assist with cooking scrambled eggs and heating bacon (pre-cooked) for Saturday breakfast.

You know you can count us in, if you need help. We're there for you.

Flying Dutchman

Wow, how time seems to fly! We are looking forward to seeing you all next week, everyone have safe travels.

For the Heartland Gives Back initiative for our Luray rally, we have selected to promote and donate collective funds to a very important cause. We will support the Oral Cancer Cause, an organization dedicated to create awareness of oral cancer, and to help many oral cancer survivors. Oral cancer patients have historically only had a 50% survivor rate. This is blamed largely on receiving late diagnosis of the cancer when it is already at an advanced stage of development. Unfortunately, the number of people diagnosed with oral cancer is on the rise, especially among the younger generation. Early detection increases the survival rate to 80%-90%! IT IS IMPORTANT TO SCHEDULE FOR A YEARLY ORAL CANCER SCREENING!

We are very fortunate to have one of our own among us that has taken on the task of sharing knowledge about oral cancer to as many people as possible. Reta Phillips Hill will have a brief presentation as well as oral cancer literature after our Saturday dinner. Following Reta's presentation we will have a monetary collection that will be sent to the Oral Cancer Cause organization based in Clearwater, Florida, on behalf of the Virginia and West Virginia Chapter of the Heartland Owners Club. Heartlander's have BIG hearts!

CL9Ep63UDyIN9jVb1Exn3K7 QGjg9BkxpID1mOO luJb3uFg6ceGjBzlbezugFN2tQflaMeo6bCz g5Zk1yT1z1UtkxNsMK7V75xQhoTczWY9owNjsBdtWA8ljbPZqsK79FSufLWwsb 1s5bdWs7lsYWZ04f8Bn0Lz UZCi7wAAAAASUVORK5CYII=

CL9Ep63UDyIN9jVb1Exn3K7 QGjg9BkxpID1mOO luJb3uFg6ceGjBzlbezugFN2tQflaMeo6bCz g5Zk1yT1z1UtkxNsMK7V75xQhoTczWY9owNjsBdtWA8ljbPZqsK79FSufLWwsb 1s5bdWs7lsYWZ04f8Bn0Lz UZCi7wAAAAASUVORK5CYII=

DougS

Doug S
Waiting out the storm. We had every intention of leaving from SW FL to head to the rally but we would be fighting cross winds and heavy rain, so plans are to leave Tuesday morning. Being safe rather then sorry.

Flying Dutchman

Waiting out the storm. We had every intention of leaving from SW FL to head to the rally but we would be fighting cross winds and heavy rain, so plans are to leave Tuesday morning. Being safe rather then sorry.

That sounds like a good plan to me. Have a safe trip and we will see you soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.