EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: VA, Virginia Beach - 5/18/2012 to 5/20/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Congratulations to Gus & Debra and the Virginia Chapter on hitting a 40 rig milestone at a state level rally. We'll see you there but until then, well done Virginia! You guys rock!

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Semi-official AGENDA:

Heartland Owners Club
Virginia Chapter
2012 Spring Rally Agenda

Thursday evening, 6:30pm, May 17 - Early Birds dinner out at a local restaurant

Friday morning, 8:00am, May 18 - Early birds continental breakfast at the *Landmark Diner (John and Nancy Latham, Mike and Carol Conley)

Friday throughout day, May 18 – Arrival and set up (Help and or parking judging available as needed)

Friday evening, 6:30pm, May 18 - Burger and hot dog dinner at the Landmark Diner or Pavilion (TBD) Paper plates, cutlery, cups provided or bring your own. (Keith Lindgren, Mike Walker, Jim/Harriett Dahlgren, Eric Von Opstal)

Saturday, May 19, throughout the day – Charity items collection (Pam Donan-Tims, Judi and Jack Barnett)

Saturday, May 19 - All day scavenger hunt (prize to be awarded at pot luck dinner) (Jim and Harriett Dahlgren)

Saturday, May 19 - All day, Trailer display courtesy of Chesapeake RV Solutions (location TBD)

Saturday, May 19 - Mini-golf tournament, bean bag toss tournament? (at your discretion, no club organized)

Saturday, May 19, 3:00am-5:00pm – Site decoration judging (Mike and Ann Walker, Colleen Marigliano)

Saturday, 2:00pm, May 19 - 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] Annual Wine and Cheese Tasting (Bring your favorite wine, or other beverage, cheese, crackers, and glass – plates provided), at Pavilion

Saturday evening, 7:00pm, May 19 - Pot luck dinner, Pavilion, no specified menu, bring your favorite appetizer, salad, main course, or dessert. Paper plates, cutlery, cups provided or bring your own. (John and Nancy Latham, Ken and Marj Gallimore, other setup/cleanup volunteers welcomed) Prizes awarded for best site and runner-up, and Scavenger hunt and runner-up

Sunday, 8:00am, May 20 – Mini-continental breakfast at the Landmark Diner. Bring your leftover donuts, pastries, etc. Coffee provided. Paper plates, cutlery, cups provided or bring your own.

Sunday, throughout the morning, May 20 – departures (insert sad face here)

Sunday evening, May 21 – Hold-overs dinner (pot-luck or local restaurant – TBD Sunday based on number remaining and preferences)

*Landmark Diner = Gus and Debra’s Place
Bold = Volunteers
Italics = still being finalized

Last edited:

PSF513

JIM: We don't have first timers. Only folks who have never put up with us before

GUS: I can help guard the beer or food it you have insufficient or unqualified help

boatto5er

JIM: We don't have first timers. Only folks who have never put up with us before

GUS: I can help guard the beer or food it you have insufficient or unqualified help

Pete: Wouldn't that be like the fox guarding the henhouse?:confused::rolleyes:

hillsonwheels

Pete............No worries man............I'm volunteering to "hep" you with that guarding the beer and food detail. Even tho, having just worked as a civilian for the Navy, I know that you should never volunteer! Foxes????:confused:????Henhouses??????:confused:?????? Come on Gus didn't you ever hear a used car salesman say..........TRUST ME???????? How's about if I just volunteer to watch Pete watch the beer??????:angel:

Dick

PSF513

Since Dick & I will watch the beer, I was not going to bring any. That way, I don't have to leave my post. DICK: You with me?

porthole

Retired
Could have sworn I asked - posted yesterday here.

Anyway, the answer to my question is in the picture below.

Attachments

• Oceana.JPG
    Oceana.JPG
    258.4 KB · Views: 29

boatto5er

Could have sworn I asked - posted yesterday here.

Anyway, the answer to my question is in the picture below.

Yes, hopefully not to scare anyone, but had they taken off on the opposing 90 degree runway, they would have hit somewhere very close to the campground. We just thank God they were not seriously injured, nor was anyone on the ground.

I am new to this but does anyone know if there are anymore spaces for the VA Beach rally? We will be picking up our very first travel trailer next Saturday and would love to attend the rally. We have attended rallies before with Dale and Michelle Heuer and had so much fun so decided that we would go ahead and get our own camper.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
AmyMattJungeandtheboys, welcome to the forum and Heartland Family.
Just keep an eye on this thread and I am sure that Gus will have an answer for you soon.

Peace
Dave

hillsonwheels

Leave it to Mikey to come up with all the good ideas......:p......drink the watched beer????:angel:????? Now why didn't Pete and I think of that???:confused:

boatto5er

I am new to this but does anyone know if there are anymore spaces for the VA Beach rally? We will be picking up our very first travel trailer next Saturday and would love to attend the rally. We have attended rallies before with Dale and Michelle Heuer and had so much fun so decided that we would go ahead and get our own camper.

Hi, I can't guarantee site availability, but I'd be very surprised if the campground didn't have a few sites still open. Please call them as soon as possible at 866-849-8860 and see what they have. Be sure to tell them you are with the Heartland Rally group. Right now we have attendees in three different areas of the campground, but the areas are all fairly close together. The last folks to sign up got put in the teens/20's/30's campsite area. We'd love to have you join us, so let us know what you find out by posting here as soon as you talk to the campground. Also please email me at g_funderburg@yahoo.com so I can get your full names, email address, and hometown information. Hope to see you soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.