EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: WA, Deer Park - 7/25/2014 to 7/27/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manzan

Rodbuster, at least the rain will clear the air a bit. Much of Eastern Washington is desert and the green areas are thanks to water from dams on the Columbia River. After you cross the Columbia at Vantage, you go through George. Many of the farmers in that area post what crop they are growing on the fence line. Takes some of the guess work out. It takes about 5 hours to get to Deer Park from Seattle plus stops along the way. We will be leaving Seattle around 10-10:30, as soon as Carol gets back from Dr.s. We usually travel at 60 mph. See you in Deer Park!

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
A bunch of us are leaving Maryhill State Park along the Columbia River Gorge by The Dalles OR tomorrow morning too, so we should all be getting there about the same time. Safe travels all and we will see you soon!

Rodbuster, at least the rain will clear the air a bit. Much of Eastern Washington is desert and the green areas are thanks to water from dams on the Columbia River. After you cross the Columbia at Vantage, you go through George. Many of the farmers in that area post what crop they are growing on the fence line. Takes some of the guess work out. It takes about 5 hours to get to Deer Park from Seattle plus stops along the way. We will be leaving Seattle around 10-10:30, as soon as Carol gets back from Dr.s. We usually travel at 60 mph. See you in Deer Park!

WooHoo, it's finally here. Leaving Seattle in the morning. Don't know what time we'll be in....I think we are going to be traveling in the rain most of the day.

See you soon.
Dick & Fran

Bob Vaughn

We camped in Joseph Or. last night and was traveling towards Spokane in our Big Country when another Big Country passed us just a waving. They probably thought we were headed for Deer Park for the rally but unfortunately we are not going to make it. We are headed back to Florida after going to Alaska....We still need to go to North Dakota, Wisconsin,Michigan,Illinois, then south....so our plate is full. I would have liked to attend but it looks like you guys have a full house. We stopped in Osburn Id. and quickly had a hail storm......Have a great rally.....

Grampafish

Washington Chapter Leaders-Retired
Wow, what a great rally!!! Rod and Kelly, you both put in tremendous effort to make this a spectacular event, and we've had a wonderful time!!! Thank you so much for your commitment to this group and for all your hard work. Deer Park was a good choice...very nice park, clean and neat facilities, convenient location for shopping and recreation.
We really enjoyed the K-9 demo., and we're happy that we had the opportunity to get Miss Bella washed and shined up! Thanks for making those arrangements Rod!

We are definitely planning on being at Wenatchee River County next year for the WA rally, then down to OR for the rally there. Our favorite part of these rallies is the chance to meet really great people who enjoy RVing, seeing other rigs, and swapping maintenance and repair ideas! So many creative, talented, and knowledgeable folks!

Looking forward to more fun times before we head out for home! :)

For20hunter

Thank you for your kind words Doug and Doris!! The reality is though it is not Kelly and I that make that rally fun, it's everyone involved and that attends that does that. It's a group effort! Thank you and Doris for all of your help!

Sonja

This was our first rally and Julie and I are very impressed! We loved it. Rod and Kelley, you did a fantastic job and everyone made us feel so welcome. We are enthused about coming to Monitor and will be making reservations soon, but cannot imagine a rally being more fun than this one. You outdid yourselves! We learned a lot, made new friends, and enjoyed the terrific events! Many thanks! Sonja and Julie

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Rod and Kelly,
You did a fantastic job on this rally. We had fun and you made it easy for us to relax and wind down after our rally. Mark and I love working with you guys and look or ward to planning next year's rally series. Good Job!

Kristy

For20hunter

Thank you so much for your kind words. As I said before, it is the entire group that makes these things what they are! Thank you everyone for all the help and support that you have given Kelly and I. You all make this job so fun!

Kristy,

If it was not for you and Mark, we would be lost. You guys are instrumental in teaching us and helping making our Rallies what they are! Thank you!

Sonja and Julie,

Thank you guys so much for coming! We enjoyed your company and meeting you both and hope to see you down the road. Any questions or help we can give, feel free to reach out and ask.

Rod and Kelly

This was our first rally and Julie and I are very impressed! We loved it. Rod and Kelley, you did a fantastic job and everyone made us feel so welcome. We are enthused about coming to Monitor and will be making reservations soon, but cannot imagine a rally being more fun than this one. You outdid yourselves! We learned a lot, made new friends, and enjoyed the terrific events! Many thanks! Sonja and Julie

Rod and Kelly,
You did a fantastic job on this rally. We had fun and you made it easy for us to relax and wind down after our rally. Mark and I love working with you guys and look or ward to planning next year's rally series. Good Job!

Kristy

SeattleLion

Rod,

Thanks for the great rally! It was our first and we had a great time. Next time we both want to be more active.

You guys were great!

We also learned that we really like omelets in a bag!

Bob and Kim

For20hunter

Bob and Kim,

It was our pleasure and we are thrilled to have met you and had you attend our rally. We really hope you guys can come to our Rally next year in the Leavenworth area and even join us in caravanning to the Oregon Rally! I can assure you that there will definitely be more omelets in a bag!!

DEBJER

Rod and kelly,
thanks for a great rally. Had a wonderful time. Looking forward to next years line-up.
Deb and jerry

For20hunter

Thank you for coming Deb and Jerry. Hopefully you guys can join us next year and caravan down to the Oregon Rally after the Washington Rally.

If you want a shady spot in 2015 you better make your reservation soon.

Rod

SeattleLion

We are all set for next year. Site 17, riverside! We will be arriving on Friday and departing on Tuesday. We will probably join you in OR too.

Status
Not open for further replies.