EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: WA, Deer Park - 7/25/2014 to 7/27/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
Friday Evening Social: Kelly and I will be bringing, soda, beer and water for everyone's enjoyment. For this social event, please bring your favorite snack/hors d'oeuvre

Saturday Evening Potluck Info:
Last year we didn't assign it and we got some amazing food. I wanted to encourage everyone to bring their favorite dish vs. being assigned a dish and having to bring something other than what is truly your favorite dish. But, with that being said, I can see where what Bob is saying could happen, so I guess we will error on the side of caution and assign the items to bring.

Kelly and I will be providing the main entree's which consist of Chicken, Ribs and Pulled Pork. We will also have some burgers and bratwurst for people that do not like the main items (those will be on request items).

If your last name begins with:

A-G
- bring your favorite side dish (non desert)
H-Z - bring your favorite desert dish

Should we plan what to bring for the pot luck? I've been to some where there were all deserts. What do you think?

For20hunter

I just received a phone call from Tim Hanson who is the NW Regional Rep for Camping World who has committed to paying for our BBQ Dinner on Saturday night for the Potluck. So the Ribs, Chicken and Pulled Pork are now being provided and paid for by Camping World. For those of you who heard the debacle by the manager of the Spokane Camping World and what he did, know that Camping World has now made it right! So please, if anyone had a bad taste in their mouth about CW for what this one guy in the organization tried to pull, just know that as I said when I let everyone know what they did to our group, that was just an individual with the corporation and not Camping World themselves. A big thanks to Tim Hanson and Camping World!!!

For20hunter

UPDATED DRIVING DIRECTIONS TO PARK DUE TO CONSTRUCTION AND HEIGHT RESTRICTIONS FROM SPOKANE RV RESORT:

Take the I-90 and exit #287 for Argonne Road.
3.7 mi - Turn Left onto Bigelow Gulch Road.
3.9 mi - Turn right onto N. Freya Street (first traffic light)
0.4 mi - Take first exit out of roundabout onto North Spokane Corridor ramp (this is the US 395 extension)
18 mi - Turn right onto H Street in Deer Park (Ace Hardware and Pizza Factory)
- Go straight through roundabout onto H Street to stop sign (Colville Rd)
- Turn left on Colville Road and go to next stop sign (Crawford)
- Turn right on Crowford, proceed through roundabout to County Club Drive (brick pillars on left) turn left and proceed approximately 6 or 7 blocks through the residential neighborhood into the Spokane RV Resort office on right.

Thank you Pat and Dave Hole for these directions!!

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Good job Camping World Corporate for making it right. That one manager in Spokane will still not be getting our business, but the company stood behind part of the promise. That is customer service.

Kristy

SeattleLion

Good job Camping World Corporate for making it right. That one manager in Spokane will still not be getting our business, but the company stood behind part of the promise. That is customer service.

Kristy

FYI, if you join rvnet.com, it is owned by camping world/ good sam. They have some forums dedicated to camping world. I had a problem when I wanted to buy a Winegard Trav'ler and a backup camera. Camping World in Fife Washington wouldn't give me the Good Sam $39.99 install for each, and the price was way out of line. I posted this on the forum. Marcus, the CEO of Camping World responded that he would match the low price I found on Amazon and the installs would be $39.99 each. I got calls from Camping World corporate and the general manager of the Fife store. The result was I got exactly what I wanted at the right price. Like Heartland here, everyone from the CEO down at Camping World monitors the rvnet forum and responds.

Rodbuster

Kristy

Good morning,

One more week and we'll be at the Washington Rally....been looking forward to it since we left Florida.

I have a question . I'm not familiar with the issue with Camping World and, I'm not asking to be brought up to date.
My concern is this, I am thinking of purchasing an Airlift System for my truck at the Camping World in Spokane. Should I be looking at a different Camping World in fear of getting a bad deal and/or bad service in Spokane?

Thank you for any info.
Dick

For20hunter

I think you should be fine Dick. It was their sales manager that was the problem. And either way camping world made it right in the end

Last edited:

For20hunter

UPDATE: If anyone is interested in getting their Fifth Wheel washed and waxed we have arranged with the park to get some special pricing. For Washes only its $2.50 per linear foot. For Wash and Wax its $5.00 per linear foot. This is through Brotherhood Diamond Detail. I spoke with them and they assured me that the wax is a 3M wax designed specifically for Gel Coat Fiberglass.

The Wash and Wax includes a thorough top down cleaning of the entire coach, starting with the roof and awning and slide covers, with a hand wax. These are the only detailer's that Spokane RV Resort will allow into their park to work on rigs in their park and HIGHLY recommend them. This is a fantastic deal so don't delay in scheduling it if you are interested. The Wash or the Wash and Wax are by appointment only. They do not accept credit cards, but do accept checks as well (of course) as cash.

To make a reservation please contact Joey at 509-795-4060 or Jeremy at 509-979-8029.

Scheduled appointments:
Rod and Kelly Ditrich - Thursday 8:00 am - Site 25 - Wash and Wax
Tom and Marla English - Thursday 10:00 am - Site 11 - Wash and Wax
Doug and Doris Anderson - Thursday noon - site 61 - Wash and Wax
Duke and Jan Ditrich - Thursday 2:00 pm - Site 62 - Wash and Wax
Dave and Pat Hole - Friday 10:00 am - Site 13 - Wash and Wax

Last edited:

Bob Vaughn

We just came from Alaska and this wash wax deal looks like a good thing to get done before we head back to florida.....Our big country is 32' so would that price be 160 dollars? We are currently camped at Fair Child AFB so we were surprised when a couple stopped by to ask us if we were going to the Rally at Deer Park which we did not know about......

For20hunter

Bib, call the park and see if they can squeeze you in. They were booked up but maybe they had a cancelation. We would love to have you join us Bob. And if you can't get a spot in the park maybe you guys can still show up and stay somewhere else nearby?

Tomharg

Hi Rod and all,
The folks that told Bob and Sue about the rally were Jan and I. We are staying at Fairchild AFB ourselves right now as we returned "home" to get our annual medical stuff done and reconnect with friends. It has stretched out a bit longer than the two weeks in early July that we had anticipated. I've been watching the developments of the gathering all year and up until three weeks ago I thought we might be able to show up.
Then "it" happened.
We liked our Bighorn 3010 but after 9 months it was too small. Jan had been looking at alternatives for some time and when we passed through Missoula at the end of June we stopped in to a biiigg RV dealer just to look. Eight hours later we looked at each other and said "What did we just do?"
But, sigh, it isn't a Heartland (although it is another Thor), we tried to find a Bighorn or Landmark but nothing seemed to be "just right."
We are going to miss the fellowship of the Heartland Owners, in fact we are already missing it as I look at who is coming to the rally and all the great things you have arranged. When I took the Heartland Owners plaque off the back of the Bighorn it was very sad.
We had some great adventures with our Bighorn, including a month on the beach in Oceanside and a week in the desert at Anza Borrego, but the time spent at the Washington rallies was the best. You are doing a fantastic job, Rod, you'd get my vote for Chapter Leader of the Year!

(We are watching the most glorious sunset due to the terrible fires along the Columbia -- almost every bright color imaginable is out there climbing up the sky from the western horizon.)
You all have a fantabulous time at the rally, if we are still in the area we may be able to stop by to say hi to everybody.

For20hunter

Tom, Jan (and Tobie & Gracie),

Thank you for your kind words! It means a lot. We are sorry to hear that you have moved on from Heartland but wish you well in your endeavors and hope that you will still join us at Rallies as SOB's. You are always welcome at our events. We hope to see you down the road. Best of luck and please stop by our rally if you are still in the area.

Rod Ditrich

Wash & wax, eh? This sounds like something I shouldn't pass up. Carol has been complaining the last few times about washing and waxing the rig. She'll be happy about this! Ill call for an appointment.

For20hunter

A few of us Heartlanders are half way between the Oregon Rally in North Bend OR and the WA Rally, staying at Maryhill State Park for a few days before heading up to the Spokane RV Resort. The Oregon Rally was amazing (as always)! We hope to continue the streak! See everyone soon!!

For20hunter

Just found out from brotherhood Diamond detailing that they charge $35 to wash and wax the tow vehicle. They will ask everybody at the time they are washing and waxing your trailer if you'd like to have your tow vehicle done as well. $35 is a steal of a deal.

Rodbuster

WooHoo, it's finally here. Leaving Seattle in the morning. Don't know what time we'll be in....I think we are going to be traveling in the rain most of the day.

See you soon.
Dick & Fran

Status
Not open for further replies.