EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: WA, Monitor - 7/17/2015 to 7/19/2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

MRBailey

Thanks a million!!

Matthew and Robin,

Yes, I will put you on the list to have your truck and trailer washed and waxed.

Rod

Bob,

Unfortunately I already placed the shirt order and called this morning and learned that my order was completed already and is waiting to get shipped out to me. Sorry about that.

Rod

Yes, my truck will have a good coat of wax on it when we get there, but the Bighorn would appreciate the same. :)
We're really looking forward to the rallies and seeing everyone again.

Jack

Possum51

Rod we would like the wash and wax if it's not to late! Pat and I finally got our trailer fixed and we're on our way to your rally !! We are so excited! We are in Wisconsin now, hope we can find Monitor Wa. It's not on a lot of maps! Can't wait to meet everyone at the rally!

Elaine

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
Elaine,

That's great that they fixed it. What was it? Why weren't your batteries getting charged?

I will put you down for the wash and wax for your truck and trailer.

Rod

For20hunter

UPDATE: I just received this email from the service manager from RnR RV and they are planning on bringing a small amount of tools and supplies to make limited repairs so if you need them to look at anything on your coach let Kelly and I know when you check in.

From the service manager:

"Rod,

Just wanted to touch base on the upcoming rally. Jerry is going to provide 2 units for the rally and we are planning on coming down on the Morning of the 15th arriving Mid-day. We will have limited tools and supplies but should be able to provide emergency service for the group. We will be available for advice of course the entire time we are there. At the first orientation for the rally maybe you could provide a way for folks to sign up for service and please have them indicate site number and vehicle description. We have planned for the two seminars for Friday morning at 10am and 3 pm for the second. We will be heading back to Spokane after the last seminar as both myself and my helper have previously scheduled events on Saturday the 18th. I will attempt to bring one Bighorn and one Landmark if the inventory at that time will support that. Please let me know if you need anything further. See you on the 15th

Thank you,

Keith Woodruff
Director of Fixed Operations
www.rnrrv.com
kwoodruff@rnrrv.com
(509) 462-9000 Ext 151
(509) 924-7700 Fax"

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Us too Robin. So far, so good with my back. I will have to rest more than usual, but that's OK.

Kristy

Gaffer

I can bring some wood if they allow wood fires. Can't wait for the rally. You have done a great job of providing multiple activities to choose from. Looking forward to doing some exploring in the area. Leavenworth has been on our bucket list for awhile. The park looks great. The wash and wax will save me a bunch of labor and I can spend more time relaxing and enjoying the view, river, storytelling and an occasional cold beverage. Okay maybe more than occasional.
PJ

MRBailey

Massive Fire in Wenatchee: Are these types of natural disasters going to effect our ability to do this rally? I heard on the news today that multiple fire and rescue stations from across the state are currently battling a large wildfire. I am just curious.

I know it is a few weeks away- hopefully it will be under control by then.

John,

I sent him a message asking and I will let you know his response when he replies.

Rod

Grampafish

Washington Chapter Leaders-Retired
The Sleepy Hollow Fire is 3000 acres so far and as of a couple hours ago, the Northwest Interagency Coordination Center (NWCC) does not have an estimate as to when it will be contained. It started just a quarter mile north of Wenatchee. It's likely this one will be contained by the time we arrive for the rally. In the unlikely event that it is still burning and closes the county park, it will certainly impact us! Two years ago, there was a huge fire between Goldendale and Yakima that caused us to take a different route to Monitor. While we were there, another fire started that impacted other roads people may have wanted to use. My plan is to keep updated on the fire and only make a cancellation decision if forced to. Rod would be the one to make the decision about the rally but I think we have a high probability of seeing each other in a couple of weeks! Here is a web site with information on Washington Fires: http://gacc.nifc.gov/nwcc/information/fire_info#WA-WFS-000518

jdfishing

Thanks for the info Doug. I was curious. We got to Weed today and have several stops along the way. If you get new info, would appreciate updates. Looking forward to seeing you guys. I'm sure Rod will be on top of this fire as it might affect our rally. Be safe.

MRBailey

Thank you so much! I am crossing my fingers that it will be just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For20hunter

I have contacted Marylee Redline who is the Wenatchee River County Park manager to ask for an update. She said that there are no issues around the park at all. Even thought the wildfire is not too far from the park, they do not even have any smoke at all. She said that the fire started across the river and to the west from the park and has continued to move west since its inception. She also said that although they are calling the fire 10% contained, most of it is out already. She said that she will keep us updated on any changes, but for now everything is a go. She said that unless something changes, we won't even know the fire is burning during our visit unless we drive into town. Hope this helps. See you all in a couple short weeks!

Rod

Thank you so much! I am crossing my fingers that it will be just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info Doug. I was curious. We got to Weed today and have several stops along the way. If you get new info, would appreciate updates. Looking forward to seeing you guys. I'm sure Rod will be on top of this fire as it might affect our rally. Be safe.

The Sleepy Hollow Fire is 3000 acres so far and as of a couple hours ago, the Northwest Interagency Coordination Center (NWCC) does not have an estimate as to when it will be contained. It started just a quarter mile north of Wenatchee. It's likely this one will be contained by the time we arrive for the rally. In the unlikely event that it is still burning and closes the county park, it will certainly impact us! Two years ago, there was a huge fire between Goldendale and Yakima that caused us to take a different route to Monitor. While we were there, another fire started that impacted other roads people may have wanted to use. My plan is to keep updated on the fire and only make a cancellation decision if forced to. Rod would be the one to make the decision about the rally but I think we have a high probability of seeing each other in a couple of weeks! Here is a web site with information on Washington Fires: http://gacc.nifc.gov/nwcc/information/fire_info#WA-WFS-000518

Massive Fire in Wenatchee: Are these types of natural disasters going to effect our ability to do this rally? I heard on the news today that multiple fire and rescue stations from across the state are currently battling a large wildfire. I am just curious.

I know it is a few weeks away- hopefully it will be under control by then.

Gaffer

From what I have seen and read, this fire will have no effect on our rally. I am ready to grease up the hitch and see ya all soon.
PJ

Last edited:

shovelguy

From what I have seen and read, this fire will no effect on our rally. I am ready to grease up the hitch and see ya all soon.
PJ

We have spent the past two months dodging thunder storms, tornadoes and flooding, not to mention mud bogs. We should be able to handle a little fire. Right? Our path will run us right thru Wenatchee as we are heading west. Looking forward to seeing folks. Stay safe everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.