EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: WA, Monitor - 7/25/2013 to 7/28/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
It may be a 'dry' heat but hot is hot! See you Thursday. Just got back from a trip to Iowa so used to heat and humidity although both were a bit less than usual. Glad the AC works well.

Amen to that! We are on our way up now. Spent a couple of nights outside Madras OR. Hot all gravel and very little shade. The dogs are looking forward to some grass. Gravel gets hot on their feet. We have a pop up tent packed courtesy of the OR chapter. We bought one a couple of years ago for these situations!

now for a long drive through E OR desert!!! Not my favorite scenery. See you in awhile.

Kristy

Grampafish

Washington Chapter Leaders-Retired
See you all tomorrow. We hope to leave by 6:00 AM. God willing and the rivers don't rise, should be there a little after noon. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Tomharg

I see that the NWS is forecasting cooler weather starting Friday: mid- to upper-eighties instead of 100's. Darn, I was SO looking forward to testing the limits on our A/C and 'fridge!
See y'all soon!
Tom

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
LOL Tom! I am sure that when you roll in the temps will still be in the upper 90's for you. We requested it from mother nature so you wouldn't feel left out. Tomorrows forecast is only 97° so you will miss the 100°s.

Grampafish and Tom (and everyone else coming, safe travels.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

shovelguy

Well, I screwed up our reservation dates and so we will be spending the night at the fair grounds. Bum deal for sure. See everyone tomorrow after lunch.

Manzan

Bob and Anne Williams are here as well as Dave and Linda Tullis and Tom and Jan Hargreaves. Three of us from the cool side of the state and one from Spokane in loop D. 102.9° (Rod, I think you over did it providing warm temps) and 76.3° inside and going down. One of the good things about having a small trailer.

For20hunter

Dean and Jodi,

Sorry to hear that, but we will look forward to seeing you then.

Rod Ditrich

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

For20hunter

I guess I did go a little overboard with the weather. I should have been a little more specific with mother nature when I asked for warm sunny weather for the Rally.😎

Rod Ditrich

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Tomharg

Naturally! The usual doubling, of course, but it can't be counted for retirement.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 4 Beta

shovelguy

Having a wonderful time with the Washington Chapter at the absolutely fabulous Wenatchee River County Park. Great venue, great food and good people to share it with. Couldn't ask for more. Thanks to new chapter leaders, Rod and Kellie for all you have done to help make this rally a success.

Grampafish

Washington Chapter Leaders-Retired
We couldn't agree more! This is our first rally and it sets the bar very high. Great job by Kelly and Rod. New friends, outstanding food and an excellent venue - what could be better? Thanks to everyone who attended.

For20hunter

Kelly and I would like to say thank you to everyone who attended the Washington Rally here in Monitor! We had such a great time and once again met some incredibly wonderfull people.

Thank you everyone for making this Rally a great success for our first experience as Washington Chapter Leaders. Without everyones help and assistance we would not have been able to pull it off. :cool:

Also a big thank you to John and Lori Dawson and Mark and Kristi Carlson for your help, guidance, leadership and support.

Thanks to everyone at the rally that helped Kelly and I out when we decided to try and turn our Bighorn into a aquarium! :D

In a few days we'll post a survey for this years rally to help with planning for the 2014 Rally. Please take a few minutes to help us out and complete the short survey.

Thank you all again for everything you did in making this event such a success.

Rod and Kelly Ditrich

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Manzan

First I would like to thank Kelly and Rod for all their enthusiasm and energy they have brought to the Washington HOC. They have put on a terrific rally. As always at functions like this the company was terrific but what else would you expect form Heartland owners. Meeting new people and catching up with old friends (and I mean that in the best way and has nothing to do with color of our hair). Four policemen here (one retired) how safe can you be? Rod is a canine officer and put on an incredible demonstration of what he and his dog Rex can do aided by another officer whose dog is trained in drug finding as well. Super nice dogs. Very friendly but just don't make any sudden moves toward their human partners while in uniform. Rod plans on brining us back here in two years to this beautiful park. We will be here and where ever the chapter goes next. Just partaking of some great food should be reason enough. Hot here. A bit noisy, Dry heat so not so bad and all in all well worth the trip over the mountains for us from the cool side of the state.

Tomharg

What a great rally! Jan and I enjoyed our first ever get-together like this last year, but this year was even better! Rod and Kelly did a superb job planning and carrying out all the logistics and little details needed to make something like this go from "pretty darn good" to "Great." Rod chose the park wisely and made the necessary arrangements to keep all of us reasonably close together, assure that the picnic shelter was reserved for us all weekend, and even arranged for just enough hot days (but cooler evenings) for us to test our Heartland rigs' a/c (ours worked well). It is always a pleasure meeting other Heartland owners and sharing stories, and the good food (augmented by Rod and Kelly's contributions) helped create the friendly atmosphere. On Saturday afternoon, Rod's "entertainment" turned out to be a real educational experience: Deputy Rod and Rex the Wonder Dog, along with Wenatchee Police Officer Scott and "Gino the Nose" drug dog, provided a carefully controlled, extended demonstration of how smart, well trained, and capable police dogs are. What a fine idea it was to do something like this at a rally!

We had a truly wonderful time. We will be full-timing next year, but we'll be making an extra effort to get to the Washington Chapter Rally wherever it may be.

As an aside, Jan and I would have been more than happy to pay $20, or $30, or whatever for the "community" drinks, barbecue meat, breakfast fixings, and prizes that Rod and Kelly contributed for everybody this time. It's very nice when some things are provided for community use. We are grateful to Heartland for their significant contributions to these events, but I think the poll for next year should ask for opinions on charging each trailer a little extra for amenities.

It was great! Thank you Heartland, Rod and Kelley, John and Lori, and Mark and Kristi for everything that made this rally truly wonderful!

Tom and Jan

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Rod and Kelly did a fantastic job hosting their first rally. We enjoyed the park and the surrounding area even in the heat. The huge shade trees made a big difference.

We met lots of new people and talked to some we had met last year in Gillette and this year at the OR rally. We are always so surprised at how quickly strangers become friends at events like these.

We look forward to working with Rod and Kelly in planning our WA/ OR rallies next year and in planning possible joint events in the future. Look for big things from these new leaders!

jmditrich

Thanks to Rod & Kelly for a great rally, and to all who chipped in with the extra effort when needed. Great park and great sites. Looking forward to many more and meeting more "friends". Also thanks to John & Lori Dawson and Kristi & Mark Carson who helped to guarantee the success that we enjoyed. The RV Family is a great second family. Hope to see you all again somewhere down the road.
Duke & Jan

Status
Not open for further replies.