EVENT: Heartland Owners Camp-Out: AZ, Show Low - 4/28/2016 to 4/30/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

gwalter

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
Ann, you could just say to heck with work and come up to Albuquerque next week and then Buena Vista. I got a tip last week on a good fishing lake near BV from a friend of mine.

Mrsfish

Ann, you could just say to heck with work and come up to Albuquerque next week and then Buena Vista. I got a tip last week on a good fishing lake near BV from a friend of mine.

oh man would we love to. We had to back out of alb earlier this year as my assistant is taking his honeymoon at that time- the nerve. And Buena vista is a newer fav of ours- love fishing the Arkansas!! Don't worry- you'll see us down the road, this year has just turned out a little out of whack for us. Our son and his wife are expecting their first child in August also, so that's keeping us a little closer to home.

Mrsfish

Ditto that... Hope you are all staying warm!

Yeah, about that...don't quit your day job cause your weather prediction skills are lacking-lol! It is cold, windy and raining but we are having fun! Will post some pictures later. Wish you were all here- we miss your smiling faces!

MTPockets

Yeah, about that...don't quit your day job cause your weather prediction skills are lacking-lol! It is cold, windy and raining but we are having fun! Will post some pictures later. Wish you were all here- we miss your smiling faces!
I feel really bad about the weather up there, but this has not been a great 'prediction' year, so maybe I'll lay back a bit on the predictions. Despite that, I would have preferred being there over not. Hugs to all - enjoy!

Mrsfish

I feel really bad about the weather up there, but this has not been a great 'prediction' year, so maybe I'll lay back a bit on the predictions. Despite that, I would have preferred being there over not. Hugs to all - enjoy!
You know, I keep thinking about the heat coming our way in Tucson very shortly and am relishing in using a furnace and sleeping under blankets. Could be worse- I could be at home cleaning house instead of sitting in this beautiful campground getting to know people better. Oh, an btw, Cookie is hysterical!

Mrsfish

Well it's the last night here at Fool Hollow Lake and everyone has been tucked in and put to bed. It's not half as cold tonight as it has been and we were very grateful. The potluck was to die for and the winner was definitely Jims chicken noodle soup. We have all decided we liked these camp outs and definitely want to do more.
image.jpg

Thank you to everyone who came and to all of you who were here in spirit! See you down the road!

MTPockets

Well it's the last night here at Fool Hollow Lake and everyone has been tucked in and put to bed. It's not half as cold tonight as it has been and we were very grateful. The potluck was to die for and the winner was definitely Jims chicken noodle soup. We have all decided we liked these camp outs and definitely want to do more.
View attachment 44711

Thank you to everyone who came and to all of you who were here in spirit! See you down the road!
. We're so glad it was a good time... There are no rules or limits to the number of Campouts.. If anyone has suggestion for when and where we'll put it down.... Jim, don't lose the recipe!

Gordonandbetty

Yes it has been a fun time. Thank you to Rick and Ann for all their help getting us parked and set up twice. Bet I will make sure we have a long enough space from now on--learning as we go. Gordon has really appreciated the help since his right eye is not back to normal yet.We definitely want to be included in future camp outs. It was fun having a small group where we could really get to know each other. I agree with Ann the soup was awesome. Every thing was yummy.

Gordonandbetty

Hope everyone got home ok that left today. Interesting driving through rain, sleet and snow on May 1st. Again we had a great time.

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
Gordon & Betty:

Happy May Day! Happy you made it home okay and had a great time!
I think Gordon needs a little fire ball to help focus that right eye!!!!

Ron-Cookie

Well we got home as well.... What a wonderful trip! It was interesting driving in sleet and snow on the way home.... Wouldn't have thunk it would happen in May in Arizona! Thanks everyone for a wonderful time... IT WAS GREAT! Yes the Chicken soup was wonderful! The large shrimp were right in there too as tops... See you all at the Fort if not before...
View attachment frog.bmp

Mrsfish

I personally think we should hold another cookout just so Garry can bring his new rig and show it off! Who wants to wait until September?- not me! We've been hearing about this for a loooooong time. What say Garry?

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
I say let's do it....I hope to pick up the new RV late May....I will be ready to go June 1 on....I was looking at Big Lake in July...
I am open to what ever you want to do!.....I am so excited to get my first fifth wheel....may need some help backing it into position...
I know Rick will give me a hand....Let me know what you think....The girls are excited about something, but don't know what!!!

Mrsfish

I say let's do it....I hope to pick up the new RV late May....I will be ready to go June 1 on....I was looking at Big Lake in July...
I am open to what ever you want to do!.....I am so excited to get my first fifth wheel....may need some help backing it into position...
I know Rick will give me a hand....Let me know what you think....The girls are excited about something, but don't know what!!!

a) if I know you- by time we see the new rig you will have practiced backing up and maneuvering around 557 times! I'm sure you will need no help
b) we are out of town from the 13th of July until the 21st. We would be game for the last weekend in july
c) how about something in June before the rains come in?

Status
Not open for further replies.