EVENT: Heartland Regional Rally: CO, Pueblo - 6/5/2018 to 6/10/2018

Leave Garry's video up, or take it down?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockin_Dollar_B

New Mexico Chapter Leaders-retired
Sounds like all is going well and we are really looking forward to it. Thanks Garry for spearheading it all!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
Ducky:
Well I was very tempted into a couple of models...the new Landmark 36 ft was first on my list, but didn't like eating in a booth or the steps that fold inside the unit vs outside..
They didn't have the Travelers here that I liked....I found the reason the Sundance was bouncing on the way to Alto and Colo...the Dexter Springs went flat!!! So I put on the new Liberty Rider suspension system on top of the Joy rider system I put on before taking off on my one month trip....Now the test is on when I leave Goshen on Sunday!!!!!!!!!! The Dexter springs on the 2017 Sundance went flat at around 6,000 miles! Not sure if they will do anything as they took the springs to be tested even though the arch was way out of the specs according the the Tech Rep from Dexter. They wanted to say I was over weight before I showed them my weight to go charts from the Oct 2016 Las Vegas Rally showing I was 3,000 lbs under gross..They use Chinese steel springs vs the US made springs I replaced them with...
If the RV continues to bounce I will buy a new unit, but I think the new system I purchased here at the Rally will take care of my problems....I will post along the way and let you know...I never had a problem with the Rv or items moving and rear arrangement until the Springs went flat...
If the new Landmark will make some changes...that is the next unit I buy!!! Wow what as super unit with a few changes....

Last edited:

ljawest

Please add us to attend the Mountain Regional Rally. I understand we'll be on a wait list. I'll send the deposit when you let us know we're on the attending list.
thanks!

paulh

Garry -

It was great seeing you and the girls again in Goshen. When you are heading west be certain to keep a close eye on those afternoon thunderstorms that develop quickly. We saw the aftermath of one storm in Iowa where semi-trucks had literally been blown off of I-80. Also, let us know how your new suspension is working. Travel safe.

Doublegranch

Paul:
Thanks...It was great seeing you and Candy as well. Left Goshen this morning and arrived at the West Omaha KOA this evening. I guess extremely high winds here last night..branches broken and some side streets closed. I was going to hang out for a couple of days but the KOA which was only $44 two weeks ago for full hook ups is now $57 with no sewer!!! They jacked the price up due to the College world series...Another great KOA PR stunt....
The new suspension is better than before, but I did have some things move around...however, nothing like before. The real test will be the rest of the way home as the roads will be better Indiana & Illinois. I will let you know how the rest of the ride goes....
Safe Travels.

paulh

Paul:
Thanks...It was great seeing you and Candy as well. Left Goshen this morning and arrived at the West Omaha KOA this evening. I guess extremely high winds here last night..branches broken and some side streets closed. I was going to hang out for a couple of days but the KOA which was only $44 two weeks ago for full hook ups is now $57 with no sewer!!! They jacked the price up due to the College world series...Another great KOA PR stunt....
The new suspension is better than before, but I did have some things move around...however, nothing like before. The real test will be the rest of the way home as the roads will be better Indiana & Illinois. I will let you know how the rest of the ride goes....
Safe Travels.

Wow, that's a long day. We experienced that same KOA stunt two years ago returning from our first Goshen rally. You're right about the roads in IN & IL - we had some things move around that normally don't. Keep us posted.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Hey Garry . . .

Safe travels home!

If you are coming through Denver give me a shout!

Last edited:

Doublegranch

JohnD:
Thanks...I will be going via Kansas and staying at Angel Fire RV Resort for a night or so...then back to the ranch....it's been a long trip, can't wait to get back!

Doublegranch

RE: Liberty Rider and Joy Rider Suspension

Wow...it is working really great. With the exception of the IN & IL roads the Sundance is riding a lot smoother and the items in the rear are not moving as much...I still get some minor movement. I left items on the kitchen counter from Waterville, KS to Angel Fire, NM today in my 11 hour drive and they were still in place when I arrived at the RV Resort in Angel Fire this evening!
Pot holes, crossing railroad tracks etc does not appear to be felt with a major thud as in the past. I realize some of the issue in the past was the Dexter Springs went flat after 6,000 miles which is when the real bounce and movement problems started.
So far I am very satisfied and would do it again.
I have another 900 miles to continue the test.

paulh

Garry -

Glad to hear the new system is working good for you. We finally made it home today, no problems but a lot of head winds. I saw Phoenix was 119 degrees yesterday, still more bearable than that smothering humidity in Goshen huh?

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
RE: Liberty Rider and Joy Rider Suspension

Wow...it is working really great. With the exception of the IN & IL roads the Sundance is riding a lot smoother and the items in the rear are not moving as much...I still get some minor movement. I left items on the kitchen counter from Waterville, KS to Angel Fire, NM today in my 11 hour drive and they were still in place when I arrived at the RV Resort in Angel Fire this evening!
Pot holes, crossing railroad tracks etc does not appear to be felt with a major thud as in the past. I realize some of the issue in the past was the Dexter Springs went flat after 6,000 miles which is when the real bounce and movement problems started.
So far I am very satisfied and would do it again.
I have another 900 miles to continue the test.

Gary, what's the manufacture date of your Sundance again? Curious of yours and John D's flat springs--- I wonder if there's a correlation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doublegranch

My 2017 Sundance was made June 18 2016...I think JohnD old prowler had the bad springs not his new one! So don't see any connection..THis is in my opinion the use of cheap china steel. I now have US Made springs on the Sundance.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Yes, it was our previous 2013 Heartland Trail Runner, which had under 4000 miles on it and as I recall was made in April of 2012.

Ours were so bad that the trailer riding low and was bottoming out on the tires.

AxelRearDrivSide-IMG_3900.jpg FrontAxlePassSide-IMG_3906.jpg

TireRub-IMG_3903.jpg TireRub-IMG_3898.jpg

TireRubBadGougedTireIMG_3911.jpg TireRub-IMG_3907.jpg

terribruce

retired Oregon Chapter Leaders
Hi Garry, Just popping in to say still watching that cancellation list. We still have our fingers crossed. :rolleyes:

Thanks again
Terri

Doublegranch

Teri:
Thanks for the post, I will return home late this evening and update the attendee listing. Been on the road and unable to get it done on my tablet. I will be able to see if everyone has sent in their checks or if some are dropping out. I will keep you posted.

jeffnkelly

Colorado Chapter Leaders
Hi Gary,

Hope you made it home alright. Just a reminder to change my arrival to the 1st.

Take care,

Jeff

Doublegranch

Jeff:Thanks for the reminder...I walked in the door about two hours ago...wow long month trip...I will catch up on the Rally site tomorrow.

Doublegranch

Rally Update::: .... The attachments on the first posting are now current, with the exception of any checks that have been mailed in. The PO is closed today and can't pick up until Monday. I will enter the final checks Monday evening and will call you regarding any missing deposits. The wait list is also up to date from those requesting attendance at the Goshen Rally.

lindaw

Florida Chapter Leader - Retired
Gary can you add Walter and I to the wait list? Steve and Patti Lester also
Linda West

Status
Not open for further replies.