EVENT: Heartland Regional Rally: CO, Pueblo - 6/5/2018 to 6/10/2018

Leave Garry's video up, or take it down?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
We have another Vendor for this Rally who is a local.
Premier RV Repair out of Colo Springs will be attending and hosting two presentations as well.
His shop is not that far away if Attendees are staying in the area after the Rally....
Also, one of the presentations will be on teaching you how to install the system.

The 10 units are the number Larry came up with to bring and a max of 15 is how many he can fit
into his Class A. The five I know wanting the system, including myself are going to self install the units, so no need to have
an installer at the Rally at the present time.

Paradise2

tentatively put us down for one....Don is at work and once he's back today I will show this to him and comfirm either way...just don't want to miss out..Lynette

Toccoatravelers

Hey Garry, wanted to check to see if you received the checks from Linda and Walter West and Steve and I For the additional day, now arriving June 4. Looking forward to Pueblo

Doublegranch

Steve & Patti:
Not yet, but I will go to the PO Box today...
Thanks for checking in. No issues as I have a lien on your RV pending!

dykesj11

Gary - Please sign me up for one of the Cheap Heat units. Dave Tyler is going to sign up some time today but is on his way to the Sweetheart Rally right now. Thanks buddy.

Doublegranch

Gary - Please sign me up for one of the Cheap Heat units. Dave Tyler is going to sign up some time today but is on his way to the Sweetheart Rally right now. Thanks buddy.

Jim:
THanks and I have you covered.....Dave's name has been on the list for a couple days now...
See you in Pueblo!

Doublegranch

Please add us to the list for the Cheap Heat system. And thanks!!

Ann & Rick:
Got you down and you are number 9 out of the original 10. Looks like we are going to need to bring in
the other 5 units.
See you at the Meet n Greet.

Doublegranch

Ronn Greengas just ordered number 10 of 10 on the initial order of cheap heat units....
I will have Larry bring another 5 down and they will be sold without reservations
at his Vendor booth.
Remember, if you are not able to pick up a Cheat heat unit at the Rally, you may
still order at the Rally price of $499.99, but you will have to pay shipping vs no shipping
if picked up at the Rally.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
This is not a gripe... Just disappointment...

I have not read the entire thread for this rally but on the first page it states...

• Register by end of day 4/30/2018

I just called to make a reservation and Garry Gilbert said they are full. Ok... So I asked it there was a campground close by that I could stay at and drop by and see the Heartland Rally members.

The answer was yes there are campgrounds near by but I could not come to the rally even to visit it is closed.

So this is something I have never experienced with Heartland Rally's.

This rally has been opened for 2 years to make reservations??

I guess I won't be welcome so I will head out to other places that are not so restrictive...

Hope this is a great rally.

BC

danemayer

This is not a gripe... Just disappointment...

I have not read the entire thread for this rally but on the first page it states...

• Register by end of day 4/30/2018

I just called to make a reservation and Garry Gilbert said they are full. Ok... So I asked it there was a campground close by that I could stay at and drop by and see the Heartland Rally members.

The answer was yes there are campgrounds near by but I could not come to the rally even to visit it is closed.

So this is something I have never experienced with Heartland Rally's.

This rally has been opened for 2 years to make reservations??

I guess I won't be welcome so I will head out to other places that are not so restrictive...

Hope this is a great rally.

BC

Bob,

This is a Regional Rally where Heartland kicks in quite a bit more money than is done for chapter rallies. As a result, attendance is limited.

The rally has been sold out for quite some time, but some additional spaces were added a few months ago because there was a long wait list of additional people who wanted to attend. And as with all large rallies, as the date approaches, some number of people will have to drop out for various reasons.

If you'd like to attend, you could ask to be put on the wait list. There's a pretty good chance you'll get in.

And let me add that the 2020 Mountain Region Rally is open for registration now. So if you have interest, now would be a good time to sign up for that one.

Doublegranch

Bob:
As explained over the phone this morning, Regional Rally's normally are limited to 100 RV's. JimB allowed me to clear the waitlist and go over
the 100 limit. There has been ample time ( over 2 years) for potential attendees to review this Rally thread and make a decision if they wanted to attend.
At some point National & Regional Rally's have to be closed out to allow other planning to move forward. The registration date listed on the thread
would have been valid if we had not 100% sold out this Rally.
Sorry you are disappointed however, 230 other attendees were able to review the thread and book their reservation without an issue!
Also explained on the phone the budget had been set, invoices paid for all Catering, Entertainment, Prizes and these bills are related to
Attendee Numbers! So the point was not you staying elsewhere and attending, the point is the Budget has been fixed, spent and all Reservations
FILLED!

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I understand that I could not attend the events that are being paid for by Heartland or have a place to stay. My question to you was could I stay at a local RV Park and VISIT.. I just asked to Visit the park and meet the persons that are attend. I did not intend to participate in any of the Heartland Paid events. I understood I could not even come into the park. That is what I was shocked about.

No harm. I have other things to do.... I hope everyone has a great time.

May God Bless you all.

BC

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
I understand that I could not attend the events that are being paid for by Heartland or have a place to stay. My question to you was could I stay at a local RV Park and VISIT.. I just asked to Visit the park and meet the persons that are attend. I did not intend to participate in any of the Heartland Paid events. I understood I could not even come into the park. That is what I was shocked about.

No harm. I have other things to do.... I hope everyone has a great time.

May God Bless you all.

BC

Bob,
PM sent. Trace

Doublegranch

In follow up to the Punchbowl email sent to all Rally attendees, it is being duplicate below as well.

I don't know about you, but My Heart is pumping and breathing is erratic as the Pueblo Rally is getting close with just a little more than 3 months away!

For attendees who do not regularly check the Rally thread, below are instructions for arrival into the Fairgrounds. They have been posted on the Rally thread and will be duplicated on the thread a few more times to ensure everyone has an opportunity to catch the news.

====================
Also just a short update.
====================
The Fairgrounds has contracted to the Rally, exclusive use areas of the Fairgrounds including the Rally Hall. While there are no other outside activities planned at this time, some areas are open to the Public. With that in mind, we need to ensure those entering the Rally hall are approved Rally attendees and Vendors. Rally identification will be given to each of the the 230 approved attendees. This verification step will allow you access into the Rally Hall for all activities, seminars, entertainment, catered meals and our Grand Prize Evening. Please remember to have this available for display when entering the Rally Hall. This process will help ensure Rally integrity and your overall Rally experience. If you have any questions, as always, please feel free to contact me anytime.

Directions:

=====================
Rat Team & Invited special arrivals - June 1,2,3 only:
=====================
There are a couple of exits off I-25, if you are not familiar with the area, the easiest way is to take the Northern Exit off I-25. Drive West on Northern and turn Right onto Beulah Ave. This turn is narrow if opposite traffic is waiting for the light on Beulah, so swing your RV to the left lane to keep from hitting the Curb on the right side. Continue on Beulah until you see the Fairgrounds main entrance on your left. Pull thru the main gate and park on the main street next to the Arena area. I will meet you and show you where to go. Call my cell when you are close to arriving, 520 455 0239. I plan to arrive around 9 AM on the 1st. Night driving will keep the wine at an acceptable temperature. For your GPS use:[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]1001 Beulah Ave, Pueblo, CO 81004[/COLOR]
==============================================
Rally attendee arrivals on June 4 & 5:
===============================
Arriving off I-25 exit the Northern Ave exit.
Drive west on Northern until you get to Gaylord Ave.
You will turn Right onto Gaylord and it will bring you directly into the gate for the Carnaval lot.
Gaylord Ave is directly past the Fairgrounds big electronic marquee on Northern Avenue. There's an Advance Auto store on the corner, if you pass that, they've gone too far.
All RV's will arrive at this entrance. If we have a minor backlog, it won't be long and just stay on Gaylord and in line. This street/Ave is not used that much except for the Fairgrounds and should not create a problem for non- Rally traffic. Again, if you are close to arriving, give my cell number a call. The Rat team will have 2-way radios and I will alert them and be able to tell you if there is a wait getting into the Carnival lot.
==========

Special NOTE:
==========
The gate for the Carnival lot off Gaylord will be locked during the Rally week after the last RV is checked in. Please use the main gate off Beulah Ave. when leaving & returning to the Fairgrounds after the Rally starts. This will keep any wanders away from the RV area and off the New Truck Test Track. The gate will be reopened at the end of the Rally for RV exiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.