EVENT: Heartland Regional Rally: CO, Pueblo - 6/5/2018 to 6/10/2018

Leave Garry's video up, or take it down?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
Arriving from Hollywood:
If everything works as agreed upon, it is with child like excitement we are able to add another short entertainment gig to our Rally!
Yes, this group will be arriving in Colorado for a performance in a nearby city and yet,
I was able to obtain them for a very short performance for the Pueblo Rally!
How did I manage this? Well in my younger days, I dated one of their cousins and knew the group very well.

This is a total surprise and they have never performed at an RV Rally in their history of showmanship!
I am hoping this won't break the bank!

JimB, don't worry, I am still under budget!!!

These five Ladies will thrill your hearts, bring a wide smile to everyone's face and a feeling to want to dance as we go back in time!
The 60's to be exact.

Performance will be on Saturday evening just prior to the "Think You Can Dance" event.
Their performance will be short as they are expensive and also have to travel back to the Springs for a photo shoot.

Wow.....this is going to be a very "special treat"...
No, I won't say the name of the group just yet.
Need to get the ink dry on the signature line and check with JimB's cardiologist!

dykesj11

Arriving from Hollywood:
If everything works as agreed upon, it is with child like excitement we are able to add another short entertainment gig to our Rally!
Yes, this group will be arriving in Colorado for a performance in a nearby city and yet,
How did I manage this? Well in my younger days, I dated one of their cousins and knew the group very well.

This is a total surprise and they have never performed at an RV Rally in their history of showmanship!

These five Ladies will thrill your hearts, bring a wide smile to everyone's face and a feeling to want to dance as we go back in time!
The 60's to be exact.

Performance will be on Saturday evening just prior to the "Think You Can Dance" event.
Their performance will be short as they are expensive and also have to travel back to the Springs for a photo shoot.

Need to get the ink dry on the signature line and check with JimB's cardiologist!
WOW!! Color me impressed. Nice work Mr. Gilbert.

jbeletti

Arriving from Hollywood:

The 60's to be exact.

Sounds fun Garry. Maybe we can pass the hat for the band. Terry does that for a local group at the WI rally.

Last edited:

Doublegranch

Well, one never knows...we could have two options;
Pass the hat or
Give me the boot!

Jim Dykes....remember these aren't 20 year olds!!!

TikiDawg

Re: Outlaw James Jesse last seen headed towards Colorado!

Pinkerton Detective, Kelly Dutton, believes the Outlaw James Jesse is headed towards Pueblo Colorado after robbing the Pioneertown Bank.
Pinkerton Detective Kelly Dutton Trapper 2.jpg American Outllaw James Jesse at Pioneertown Bank.jpg

alsams

Thanks. Looking forward to getting involved with the local chapter. However, looks like we'll be in Ohio that weekend. First long trip with the new rig!

Al

Doublegranch

Vendor Presentation: Added
Andersen will host a presentation on their products, Thursday June 7, 10-11AM
They are also donating a gift for our Charity Auction!

TikiDawg

Re: EVENT: Heartland Regional Rally: CO, Pueblo - Travel Advice

For those that know the Colorado highways.
Traveling FROM Grand Junction, CO to Pueblo, which is the better route for a 42' Landmark 365?

I-70 to I-25 OR Hwy 50 ?

Thanks

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...

Traveling FROM Grand Junction, CO to Pueblo, which is the better route for a 42' Landmark 365?

I-70 to I-25 OR Hwy 50 ?

Thanks

Unless you want to take the scenic route, I'd take I-70 to Denver, the hit I-25 south to Pueblo.

You could take the C-470 bypass at Golden, but there is a lot of construction on C-470 and is a major PITA right now.

And I doubt they will be anywhere near done by then...

Another route could be I-70 to the Leadville exit, then take Hwy 24 south to Hwy 50 then east to I-25.

Az_Ernie

I'd take Hwy 50. We've traveled this route several times over the years, pulling our 36 ft.Bighorn. Hwy 50 is a good highway with moderate traffic and easy pulling. We try to avoid the Denver area whenever we can (heavy traffic). We're not from the area and it's been a couple of years since we've taken this route, so we can't say if it has any construction going on. Also, it's about 80 miles shorter!

G_S

I-70 to I-25 OR Hwy 50 ?

Thanks

Yes we will be going between those points as well. Where are you going to stay in grand junction?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TikiDawg

Yes we will be going between those points as well. Where are you going to stay in grand junction?

KOA Grand Junction on Sunday night.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Mrsfish

Me? I would take 70 east till Breckinridge. (And breck has an awesome rv Park if you need - Tiger Run. Just make reservations) Turn south down 9 until you pick up the 50. The inside of Colorado is beautiful and you would completely bypass any of the Denver area. Rick and I will be doing the southern version of this route, staying in Salida before we come in.

G_S

KOA Grand Junction on Sunday night.

We will be in grand junction for about a week prior to the rally.

G_S

Me? I would take 70 east till Breckinridge. (And breck has an awesome rv Park if you need - Tiger Run. Just make reservations) Turn south down 9 until you pick up the 50. The inside of Colorado is beautiful and you would completely bypass any of the Denver area. Rick and I will be doing the southern version of this route, staying in Salida before we come in.

Isn’t the grade to Breckinridge pretty intense?

TikiDawg

We will be in grand junction for about a week prior to the rally.

Nice! We will leave the SFBay Area on Saturday morning to be in Pueblo on Monday. About 1500 miles in 3 days.

TikiDawg

Isn’t the grade to Breckinridge pretty intense?

Yes agree, Tiger Run is a beautiful park, we stayed there in 2016. The grade on I-70 was no problem for the F450.

Mrsfish

Isn’t the grade to Breckinridge pretty intense

sure. But you are crossing the Rockies after all on the 70. Vail pass is high, but very very doable with our trucks and rigs. You will be on a 4 lane highway with lots of other vehicles- some big and slow, some not. No matter how you get across you will always have to navigate high passes and lots of turns- just depends on your choice. No tight turns and small roads on the 70

Status
Not open for further replies.