EVENT: Heartland Regional Rally: CO, Pueblo - 6/5/2018 to 6/10/2018

Leave Garry's video up, or take it down?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

G_S

Re: EVENT: Heartland Regional Rally: CO, Pueblo - Travel Advice

Nice! We will leave the SFBay Area on Saturday morning to be in Pueblo on Monday. About 1500 miles in 3 days.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

We are leaving Tracy California in May 15 heading up to Seattle area for a few days, central Wa for a week or so, then down to Grand Junction by way of Boise until a few days before the rally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

G_S

sure. But you are crossing the Rockies after all on the 70. Vail pass is high, but very very doable with our trucks and rigs. You will be on a 4 lane highway with lots of other vehicles- some big and slow, some not. No matter how you get across you will always have to navigate high passes and lots of turns- just depends on your choice. No tight turns and small roads on the 70

Good points

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Stayed at the Grand Junction KOA on the way back from the Vegas National HOC Rally.

Nice place, but nowhere near the highway, and kind of a PITA to get to.

And got lost the next morning trying to get back on I-70, despite having the GPS unit.

ProwlerAtGJKOA-P1020481.jpg

JohnD

Grand Junction KOA is right next door to the fair grounds, if that helps locate it.

G_S

KOA Grand Junction on Sunday night.

I am thinking about the Elks Lodge in Grand Junction, have you ever been there?

danemayer

James Robb State Park, Fruita Section is nice. Just off I-70 on the west side of Grand Junction. But it's a good idea to arrive early. It's pretty common for incoming campers to ignore the reservation slips at the campsite and just pull in anywhere they want.

jbeletti

Nice! We will leave the SFBay Area on Saturday morning to be in Pueblo on Monday. About 1500 miles in 3 days.

Wow - iron man run :)

TikiDawg

RV Detail Service Offered during the Rally:
A big Thank you goes out to our RAT Team Member "Randy Reano "for securing a RV Detail Service for this Rally.
Peak Mobile Detailing will be present on all days of the Rally as well as the early days for the RAT Team.

PRICING:
Wash, dry & Tire shine = $4 ft.
Wash & Wax = $8 ft. with a minimum charge of $139
Note: Other services such as inside detailing, oxidation removal are available if you are interested.
Payments accepted are: Cash, Credit card & Checks

Please make a post of interest for this service if you want your Rig cleaned, waxed, etc. The Detail Service will be able to complete 6-8 rigs per day.
After your expression of interest, I will post a phone number to set up an appointment time and day.

There will be a $100 Detail certificate randomly placed into one of the Welcome bags. If you are the lucky recipient, please take advantage of this gift during the Rally.
If you are local, you may use the certificate at another time if desired.

Make your post if you are interested in having your RV cleaned during the Rally!
Randy, great job! Thank you!

Gary,
We would like to sign up for the Wash, Dry & Tires Shine.
Thanks,

jbeletti

Camrose, Alberta rally after Pueblo - anyone?

Nancy and I have just made plans to attend our first Alberta rally following the Mountain Region rally in Pueblo. I know Bob and Christine are going to Alberta after Pueblo. Anyone else considering it? If so, consider discussing your plans here on the Alberta rally thread.

JohnD

I'm going to Ludington, Michigan the following weekend for the regional rally there.

MTPockets

I'm going to Ludington, Michigan the following weekend for the regional rally there.
John! Ludington is our favorite Michigan city.. spent a lot of time there over the years.. Michaels downtown for the best pan fried perch anywhere! Oh, also House of Flavors for the best Cherry or Apple cobbler! They don’t have both the same day so have to go back...

jbeletti

John! Ludington is our favorite Michigan city.. spent a lot of time there over the years.. Michaels downtown for the best pan fried perch anywhere! Oh, also House of Flavors for the best Cherry or Apple cobbler! They don’t have both the same day so have to go back...

I attended a Michigan rally August 2010 and went to House of Flavors. Yum!
40813_1537694772943_6291839_n.jpg

NorthCal Bob

Garry,

Please put us down for the wash and wax, I assume it is done at the site and dones that include washine the awnings and roof? Any other information we should know regarding this? I assume scheduling will be done by the vendor.

thanks Bob Sargent
Site #86

jdfishing

RALLY GOLF UPDATE

Just a reminder of the golf outing on Friday, June 8th. Location TBD. We currently have (8) signed up to play. Surely, we can do better than that, so if you've been thinking about it, now's the time to sign up. Husband and wife teams and high handicappers welcome. If you are interested, please contact me at jdfishing@comcast.net.

Reminder that this is a non-rally sponsored event, therefore you are responsible for your green fees. Those signed up are: J Kramer, Paul & Candy Hardt, Sonja Nisson, Lydell & Pam Wall, Jim Kelly, William Haynes.

Thanks and looking forward to a great rally and some Colorado golf.

RALLY GOLF UPDATE: We now have 14 players signed up. They are: J Kramer, Paul & Candy Hardt, Sonja Nisson, Lydell & Pam Wall, Jim Kelly, William Haynes, Ken & Deidra Bausano, Auguie & Cheryl Henry, Doug Anderson, Dan Sullivan.

If you signed up, please confirm you are on the list. IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO SIGN UP, contact me at jdfishing@comcast.net.

We still have plenty of room, but as the rally draws closer, I will need to CONFIRM the number of players and secure the appropriate number of tee times. Sometimes, it can be difficult to add players at the last minute, so, if you are interested, please sign up early.

Looking forward to a great rally, great golf and seeing old friends and making new ones.

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
Regarding RV Detail at the Rally:

We are a few hours away from approving a new vendor for the RV Detailing.
Our previous vendor, Peak Detail had to bow out as his insurance will no long cover
leaving his fixed facility to conduct remote detailing work. Randy our Rat Team member has secured a new vendor and
once we finalize the pricing, I will make the post. Everyone who has signed up will still
be on the list and instructions will be posted.

Thanks for the interest in this service and this new vendor is rated very high!

Status
Not open for further replies.