EVENT: Heartland Regional Rally: CO, Pueblo - 6/5/2018 to 6/10/2018

Leave Garry's video up, or take it down?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

rfournelle

Canada-East Region Directors-Retired
Garry,

Mabel Bly (Christine) has indicated to me that she thinks she would do very well in this provided she does not get hung by judge & jury.

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
Well with two volunteers signing up and both willing to make fools of themselves or maybe even admit they know nothing...hey
it's in the bag! If Mabel is the one to be hung...perhaps the judge can give her a couple day "stay"! Not that the money will do
her any good if she wins....but hey there are always those funeral expenses....

Start searching your memory banks as some of these song's if selected, I don't even remember!

OOOOOPS....the Judge just called me and said "it aint gonna happen" No stay for anyone!!!!!!
He just isn't a very happy man of authority these days!

Doublegranch

For round two of the "Oldies but Goodies" song contest....I expect to hear
from an old sole within the AZ Chapter. He listens to nothing but the oldies stations..
We traveled many miles together and his memory banks are full of 60's songs....
Will he step up???????
Won't say his complete name...but his first name is Rick...and he is associated with a "Fish"...

Doublegranch

Rally Vendor :
We just added another vendor for:
[FONT=arial, sans-serif]Winegard and RF Mogul HD RV Satellite TV systems[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, sans-serif]They will have a vendor table and able to troubleshoot and repair any problems you might be experiencing with your Satellite system.[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, sans-serif]Also they are offering a Rally special for new systems including install from, [/FONT]$1699-$2199
Don & Bonnie Ellis are the owners of
Precise Satellite & RV Electronics since 1982 and offer a wealth of knowledge!
We are excited to bring them into the Rally Schedule

jdfishing

GOLF UPDATE:
Course: Walking Stick
Date: Thursday, June 7@9:00

I have secured 6 tee times for the above location. First tee time is 9:00. We currently have 18 players, so we have room for more. COST is $27.50 Inc cart.

Jim Kelly: I reserved a set of Left hand clubs for you.

I will post a list of players in the near future. I am currently traveling, and cell service is spotty. I will check my email mail as often as possible. jdfishing@comcast.net.

rfournelle

Well with two volunteers signing up and both willing to make fools of themselves or maybe even admit they know nothing...hey
it's in the bag! If Mabel is the one to be hung...perhaps the judge can give her a couple day "stay"! Not that the money will do
her any good if she wins....but hey there are always those funeral expenses....

Start searching your memory banks as some of these song's if selected, I don't even remember!

OOOOOPS....the Judge just called me and said "it aint gonna happen" No stay for anyone!!!!!!
He just isn't a very happy man of authority these days!

Dear Mr. Garry,

I believe you to be a fair man sir and I thank you for your time to review a suggestion. I know I am bold to put forth such an idea but with the calibre of gentlemen participating, a working girl could use a petite edge.

In scoring the “Name that 60’s Tune”, could one point be allotted if the Song Title is correct but not the artist, one point if the Artist is correct but the song title is not, and a huge three points awarded if Both are correct.

I would ask that you consider this at your next Town Hall meeting.

Warmest Regards, Mabel Bly

Doublegranch

Dear Mr. Garry,

I believe you to be a fair man sir and I thank you for your time to review a suggestion. I know I am bold to put forth such an idea but with the calibre of gentlemen participating, a working girl could use a petite edge.

In scoring the “Name that 60’s Tune”, could one point be allotted if the Song Title is correct but not the artist, one point if the Artist is correct but the song title is not, and a huge three points awarded if Both are correct.

I would ask that you consider this at your next Town Hall meeting.

Warmest Regards, Mabel Bly

Dear Ms Mabel Bly:
I sincerely appreciate you stepping up for the female gender and the ladies who may want to participate within this “elite” contest. I certainly agree a working girl does deserve your recommended “Petite edge” when competing with whom you graciously categorized and perhaps with a slight exaggeration expressed the men as “gentlemen”.

I will take your recommendation to our next “Aussie girl” Team meeting on June 1, 2018 and announce the results on the opening night! If your recommendation is accepted, your suggestion will only come in the form of a thank you, as a finder fee in points as suggested by a local attendee would not be warranted due to the high financial stakes. The winner has the ability to amass a wealth of over $200 US Dollars and in cash! This however, will not be reported to the IRS, so depending on your income could be another 40% increase in the winnings!

Thank you for your expressed concern, suggestion and your completive spirit! I am gender neutral in this event and feel you have the same ability to not only compete but win against these “so called gentlemen”. I wish you well in Round one and hope to see you into Round 2 & 3!

Az_Ernie

Belle Starry would like to vote for Mabel Bly’s suggestion! Us “ladies” need to stick together when we have good ideas. OH...and I know for a fact that one of the Aussie girls can be bought off with a little cheese treat.
Re

Doublegranch

Well....Aunt Bella has caught the attention of one "Aussie girl" for sure! It has been common knowledge that Cheyenne will slap your Grandma for a piece of cheese!
Now with that said......is Bella incorrigible by offering a "Bribe"?? The "Aussie girls" say no as there were no rules regarding bribes posted prior to the Bribe!
Wow....this maybe one for the "Hanging Judge" to decipher!

However,,,,,Mabel's past has been hinted by a recent PM, that she may not be the underdog as one would think by reading her post!
More to come later!

Doublegranch

Welcome Dave & Yvonne Dirksen to the Mountain Regional Rally!
They took the remaining available site for this Rally.
We are excited to welcome you in Pueblo and can't wait to meet your both!
Thanks for your support!

Doublegranch

Garry,

Mabel Bly (Christine) has indicated to me that she thinks she would do very well in this provided she does not get hung by judge & jury.

In follow up to Mabel Bly request and her significant others post....some personal information has been leaked about her abilities!
It has been revealed that Mabel may not be the underdog she attempted to portray in her post!
Rumor has it: She not only grew up in the 60's music era, continues to listen to this music as a normal routine, but as a
Child Prodigy of this music has entered and WON a significant number of 60's music contests while growing up and in her college days!
Yep, she has managed to trounce every competitor who had the misfortune to attempt to be in her Music League!
So let's see what these "Gentlemen" running against her can do! I have called Las Vegas and she is favored 10 to 1....
You may feel free to place your bets online, but be very careful betting against her! With a photographic mind how can she not WIN!

Last edited:

rfournelle

Tsk, tsk, Mr. Gilbert.

I did not expect a man of such impeccable status resorting to publishing unsubstantiated details of my accomplishments just weeks prior to the big event!

Now as to your rumours, I suspect contestant trtlm16, also known as Kevin, is the informant. Who is this mysterious Kevin? Where does he get his information? Is he focusing on me to gain an advantage? With the 60’s events upon us, I will refrain from pressing charges, so consider yourself lucky this time trtlm16 (a.k.a. Kevin)!! For my supportive and growing audience, I feel compelled to confirm some truths. Yes, I was somewhat of a Child Prodigy and yes, I listen to 60’s music including 60’s country, but doesn’t everyone?

So gentlemen contestants, brush up! How do I rate myself? To quote Nancy Sinatra, “these boots are made for walking, and that’s just what I’ll do, one of these days these boots are going to walk all over you….” How are those odds now?

Sincerely, Mabel

Doublegranch

Oh MY....
I think the odds just increased 20 -1.....
Guy's you had better start brushing up on your music lessons!
I think you are about to get "Stomped"....by a very "Petite working lady"!!!
Whom probably carries a gun as well.

By the way Mabel....I must as a neutral person report the news as it arrives!
I trust Kevin is man enough to respond to your post or withdraw from the competition!

Az_Ernie

Great follow up post Mabel. I believe you should represent us women and run for president in the 2020 ABQ rally. You certainly would have my vote!
Belle Starry

Doublegranch

Well....it appears the rumor lines are really opening up on the 60's music contest....
Just in from a recent PM:
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Greengas

Just a note here from a former English teacher and music buff. Mabel misquoted the lyrics from the song. Yes, I'm being picky, but she put it in quotes. The phrase is "... are gonna walk..." not "... are going to walk..." Hey, not much difference, but since she quoted. Of course, I hate to just throw shade without backing it up, so here is a link to the lyrics: https://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/kmfd...orwalking.html to prove my point.

Oh, and while I love trivia, and I'm good at oldies, I'm good at knowing the words, not necessarily who sang it or what the official title is, that's why someone invented Google!

Have a great day!

Also a news flash:
It has been reported and substantiated that Kevin who retired as a US Army First Sgt had undertaken his music abilities to his troop! Yep, during inspections, the troops were forced to play 60's music and instead of 'General Orders" he asked each soldier to name 60's song titles, artists and hum a verse during PT..
Ten mile weekly march was increased to 30 miles if they didn't get the words correctly while singing and marching!
This guy is dedicated!!!!

Doublegranch

Have a hard time posting this one, but a recent PM from Greengas is as follows:
Oh, another note to throw out there, I have a full copy of JohnD's entire music library. For the right price, yes, I'm open to bribes, I would be willing to provide a list of every 60's song he has.

Doublegranch

Rally Reminder:

Upon check in at the Carnival lot, you will receive a rally security wristband. Please be sure to wear it when entering the Rally Hall. The fairgrounds is open to the public and they have three one day events in other buildings planned during the Rally week. The wristband will identify attendees when entering for Rally Activities.
Thank You!

SD08ER

Rally Reminder:

Upon check in at the Carnival lot, you will receive a rally security wristband. Please be sure to wear it when entering the Rally Hall. The fairgrounds is open to the public and they have three one day events in other buildings planned during the Rally week. The wristband will identify attendees when entering for Rally Activities.
Thank You!
Was hoping you would give us something to have with are Heartland badges. Is this wristband removable?

Doublegranch

Yep... it is a silicone slip over the hand, glow in the dark designed for our Rally.
You only have to wear it when you are entering the rally hall & catering events.

Status
Not open for further replies.