EVENT: Heartland Regional Rally: GA, Stone Mountain - 4/18/2018 to 4/22/2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flying Dutchman

Virginia Chapter Leaders - Retired
OK, have worked out some of our calendar issues and have dedicated time to attend. We have reservations to arrive Stone Mountain on Wednesday 4/18 and are on site #15.

Requesting T-shirts, both man and woman size XL.

Also sign Dorothy up for the craft class.

Looking forward to seeing old friends again, and making new ones.

2psnapod1

Texas-South Chapter Leader-Retired
OK, have worked out some of our calendar issues and have dedicated time to attend. We have reservations to arrive Stone Mountain on Wednesday 4/18 and are on site #15.

The 2ps are SO excited that the Flying Ducthman and his wonderful bride will be there! Can't wait!

- - - Updated - - -

Dave if you still have room for the craft class, I'd be interested in attending as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Dave if you still have room for the craft class, I'd be interested in attending as well.

davebennington

Here is a list of Ladies that have signed up for the craft class:

Sheila Blackford
Sharon Sandidge
Lisa Miller
Melinda Cull
Byrd Mathis
Debbie Atkinson
Eddie Booth
Rachael Lester
Nicole Miller
Carol Lindgren
Rhonda Brown
Candy Hudson
Marina Esmond
Kelly Barnett
Dorothy van Opstal

Last edited by a moderator:

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
Yippee!! Looking forward to seeing you two. Glad you can make it.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Golfer_Funny_Cartoon_Clipart-1sm.jpg Anyone up for a little game of golf? Stone Mountain State Park has a couple of golf courses sooo depending on the rally schedule, it looks like Thursday afternoon might work. Just let us know if you want to play so appropriate tee-times can be obtained.
Nathan

Toccoatravelers

Hi Dave,
Steve and I are signed up for the rally, arriving April 17-departing April 22 We are in Site 18

For T-shirts we need a mens 3XL and a ladies 2XL Looking forward to seeing everyone!!

JJC

retired Tennessee Chapter Leaders
View attachment 55683 Anyone up for a little game of golf? Stone Mountain State Park has a couple of golf courses sooo depending on the rally schedule, it looks like Thursday afternoon might work. Just let us know if you want to play so appropriate tee-times can be obtained.
Nathan

Nathan, while my game won’t be intact for our outing I encourage anyone that is even mildly interested to give these courses a go. I played both courses when we lived in Atlanta and they are very nice. Great layout and views. Just don’t hit ‘em fat as you’ll connect with granite and create sparks

For anyone else looking for a bit of exercise, Stone Mountain has some fantastic paved bike routes as well as a 1 mile hike to the top of Stone Mountain. There is ~4 mile bike route around Stone Mountain that you can ride from the campground. The route is ‘mostly flat’ but there are a few hills to navigate. For more seasoned bikers you can ride the greenway right into Atlanta.

The 1 mile hike to the top of Stone Mountain offers a great 360 degree view of the area and it’s a great morning hike. It’s all rock and unshaded so wear the appropriate shoes and sun gear.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

lindaw

Florida Chapter Leader - Retired
Hi Dave
Walter and I just made our reservations, arriving 4/17 -22, site 16
Linda
PS tshirt sizes mens xl and womens l

TGLBWH

North Central Region Directors-Retired
View attachment 55683Anyone up for a little game of golf? Stone Mountain State Park has a couple of golf courses sooo depending on the rally schedule, it looks like Thursday afternoon might work. Just let us know if you want to play so appropriate tee-times can be obtained.
Nathan
I am all in on the Golf whatever time. I have golfed there before and loved the courses

CoveredWagon

Hi all ��
Carleen Dave and Bunny (our pooch) are all signed up for the rally, site #93. Looking forward to a good time meeting new folks and revisiting with old friends (I hope) ��.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
I am all in on the Golf whatever time. I have golfed there before and loved the courses

Fantastic Gerry - will add ya to the list for golf. Does Debbie also like to play and want to be added?
Nathan

Toccoatravelers

Dave,
Steve and I are interested in renting a golf cart, what do we need to do, we would want it on April 17 and return it on April 22. What is the cost? Thanks for your help

davebennington

Dave,
Steve and I are interested in renting a golf cart, what do we need to do, we would want it on April 17 and return it on April 22. What is the cost? Thanks for your help

Patti & Steve,

I have checked with several golf cart rental places and found that they all like their cart more than I do, ie they are very expensive. I tried to do a group rate but they do not give any breaks at all. However if you really want a cart here is their number, they are hard to deal with in my opinion. 770-446-3444 Specialty cart rental.

dave

Last edited:

clubmgr

Heartland Owners Club Manager
Staff member
Have you registered for the 2018 Southeast Region Rally starting Wednesday, April 18, 2018 through Sunday, April 22, 2018? This one of a kind rally is being held in Stone Mountain Park, Georgia’s most popular attraction featuring a wide variety of family activities. Located on 3,200 acres of natural beauty, adventure awaits as you discover interactive family-friendly attractions and many natural and historic sights.

If you have registered at the campground, but have not notified Dave Yocum that you will be attending the rally, email Dave at dyocum881@yahoo.com.

Cost for this rally is the cost of your camping PLUS a $20 rally fee for each person in your party over the age of 2. The rally fee is non-refundable. Make checks payable to Dave Yocum and mail to PO Box 571, Placida FL 33946 no later than February 14, 2018. Sorry, but if you are signed up for the rally and we do not receive your check for all members in your party your reservation will be cancelled. All rally catering and events are based on the number of people (adults and children) who have paid their rally fee. Please do not bring guests with you who have not paid the rally fee, they will miss out on the fun.

If you register for the rally after February 14, 2018, contact Dave Yocum at dyocum881@yahoo.com

Camp sites are full-hookups on level, back-in sites in a natural setting. A maximum of 5 people and 1 RV per site. Our special cost for camping is $46 per night. The campground will honor this rate for 2 days prior and 2 days after the rally. The current rate for these sites is $64 per night so that is a savings of $18 per night. In addition, the park entry fee of $15 is waived for our rally.

Rally siting is available until 3/1/2018. Attendees registering at the campground after 3/1/2018 may not be sited with the rally group. When registering tell them you are with the Heartland Owners Rally to obtain rally site and rally pricing.

Some things you should know: Meals and events will be held in an open-air pavilion. Pets are allowed on a 6’ leash. Alcohol is not permitted on campsites, on streets, in parking lots, or other posted areas, such as attractions, the Lasershow, Pavilions, the Special Events Meadow and the Walk-Up Trail. Bicycles are allowed: helmets are required for riders 15 years of age and younger. Fishing is allowed with a valid Georgia state fishing license.

What is there to do?

Current plans are for a Meet-n-Greet, an Ice Cream Social, a potluck dinner and a catered dinner. There will be vendors and golf and a special craft class, BUT there will be plenty of opportunity to enjoy all the park has to offer.

The park’s attractions are accessible with a one-day Adventure Pass provided free by the club. There is something for everybody, no matter what your interest, age or activity level. The Pass may be used whatever day you choose. Passes for additional days can be purchased through the campground. The regular price for the Adventure Pass is $31.95/adult and $29.95/child per day. Specials on add-on days may be available at the campground during the time of your stay.

Your Adventure Pass is your ticket to:
Stone Mountain Museum at Memorial Hall - features artifacts and stories that span 12,000 years, from ancient civilizations that lived on the mountain to the present-day park.
Historic Square – a collection of original Georgia Homes and Antiques, built between 1793 and 1875. Each structure was moved from its original site and carefully restored to preserve its authenticity and historical value.
Scenic Railroad - a full size locomotive from the 1940s with open-air cars that will take you on a lively five-mile excursion around the mountain.
Summit Skyride - a Swiss cable car providing a stunning view of the Confederate Memorial Carving as it travels more than 825 feet above ground to the top of Stone Mountain. From the top, experience amazing views of the Atlanta skyline, the Appalachian Mountains and more up to 60 miles away.
Great Locomotive Chase Adventure Golf - a miniature golf course based on the real-life adventures of the Great Locomotive Chase.
SkyHike® - trek through the treetops on one of the nation’s largest family adventure courses while secured to the patented overhead safety system.
Geyser Towers® - multiple levels of suspended rope bridges and net tunnels connect you to towering platforms that overlook the gushing geyser. With its sporadic eruptions and multiple offshoots, you can play in the spray or stay high and dry.
Dinotorium - prepare to be transported to a place of scientific wonder and prehistoric discovery about dinosaur care and research.
Camp Highland Outpost – outdoor challenges for the entire family including rock walls to climb, plus a low ropes course with multiple line bridges.
Farmyard - watch trained goats do a number of tricks as well as get to know our sheep and pigs.

Other activities not requiring the Adventure Pass: hike on wooded nature trails, climb the 1 mile trail to the top of Stone Mountain, tee off on one of two beautiful Georgia golf courses with breathtaking views.

There is even shopping for a variety of items such as golf pro shops, souvenirs, candy, fudge, jams, pottery, toys, and crafts, including one-of-a-kind sculpted glass creations.

Carillon - daily concert from our 732-bell Carillon that was donated by Coca-Cola after being exhibited in the 1964 World's Fair in New York City.
Confederate Hall Historical & Environmental Education Center - focus on the fascinating geology and ecology of Stone Mountain, experiencing everything from interactive science exhibits to the life-size cave with a video about the origin of the mountain.
Confederate Memorial Carving - the largest high relief sculpture in the world measures three-acres, larger than a football field and Mount Rushmore.
Covered Bridge – a century old bridge moved from Athens, Georgia, in 1969.
Grist Mill – a century-old mill moved from its original site near Ellijay, GA. in 1965.
Quarry Exhibit - tells the story of an industry that played a significant part in the history of Stone Mountain. Throughout the years, 7,645,700 cubic feet of granite were removed from the mountain. This is equal to one-foot-long paving stones stretching from the North Pole to the South Pole (12,444 miles)

Saturday night is the Lasershow Spectacular which is not to be missed. If we have enough rally attendees we will enjoy special seating.

Of course, there will be other surprises. You will just have to come to find out. See post one for specifics on registering at the campground.

Last edited:

Toccoatravelers

Patti & Steve,

I have checked with several golf cart rental places and found that they all like their cart more than I do, ie they are very expensive. I tried to do a group rate but they do not give any breaks at all. However if you really want a cart here is their number, they are hard to deal with in my opinion. 770-446-3444 Specialty cart rental.

dave
Thanks for the info, sounds like they want you to buy it rather than rent it, bikes sound better

oldelmer1

We just signed up for our FIRST HOC rally.

Arrive on April 17th and depart April 22, site 81

We need 1 large and 1 XL tee shirt.

THANKS, Tom & Sharon

Status
Not open for further replies.