EVENT: Heartland Regional Rally: MA, Middleboro - 7/17/2014 to 7/20/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
John said that the 2014 schedule has not yet been approved by MLB so we'll have to wait and see if things stay the same. I'll keep you posted! The problem came in when I searched for the Red Sox 2014 schedule and clicked on the PDF version. It just so happens that link was defaulted to to 2013 schedule and I didn't notice that. I will keep a keen eye out for the approved 2014 schedule.

Last edited:

recumbent615

Founding MA Chapter Leader-retired
in Checking with the Red Sox Box Office web site - group Ticket sales are limited to groups of 20 or more ... and group sales may have the quantity limited depending on the opposing team... IE: depending on demand they could limit ticket sales to large groups. It appears that they also have a restriction on high demand games that I will have to look into... I'll give them a call and post what I find out here.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
So thankful for having you on our team Kevin!

On another note I received a very informative email from a new owner (no delivery yet) who has given me a great deal of information about the Cape Cod area. There are so many choices I don't know exactly how I will narrow it down and meet everyone's expectations.

First we have to narrow down our meal and we are thinking a catered New England Clam and Lobster Bake! The caterers will add in a non-seafood item or two for those allergic to seafood. Any thoughts???

Bighorn55

So if the team with the best record in the league is" farm rated" what does that say about the teams below them?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
So if the team with the best record in the league is" farm rated" what does that say about the teams below them?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

It means the other teams crops didn't make it through the rainy season :confused: and the price of baseball will go up as a result!

recumbent615

Ok here is the word from Fenway Park - 2014 MLB schedule will be released in November. Ticket Sales will start on or around Jan 2, 2014. They will work with us on a block of tickets between schedule release and Ticket Sales to solidify the number of seats required and they will work to get those tickets for the selected game when they go on sale. Obviously this is all for not if there is no home stand that weekend. But I did put in my request for the Yankee's to come Fenway that weekend ... hey what the heck - the schedule is not set yet, maybe they take requests... :)

I have scheduled a call with the Group Sales in November to review our needs ( assuming there is a game and we decided that we want to do that )

Kevin

iforget

New Jersey Chapter Leader-retired
Thanks Kevin.
I would love to see a game.
and Yes on the Lobster..
(When Duane was running charters we actually got sick of Lobster..)

jbeletti

Okay- the Belettis are coming to this rally. Got our reservations done this afternoon.

Arrive: 14-July
Depart: 21-July
Nights: 7
Site: 265

So - that is "the plan" always subject to refinement :)

See y'all there!

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Welcome again Jim. I already have you down as a Yum for lobster so you are all set.

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk 2

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
We have chosen the Middleboro Food Bank as our Heartland Gives Back Initiative for this event. The Food Bank is managed by the Society of St. Vincent de Paul. We will be contributing non-perishable food items and participating in a community service project at the facility where we will help them restock the shelves of the pantry.:angel::angel::angel:

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
I have been questioned about a side trip into Boston Harbor. Although we will not be scheduling this as a rally function, you are welcome to wander off on your own into Boston. I have researched the possibilities and have attached the commuter rail information for you. The drive into Boston is about 50 minutes. If you would like to take the train I hope you will find this information helpful.

Attachments

• Thinking about visiting Boston.pdf
    107.2 KB · Views: 6

recumbent615

The Drive to Boston is 45-50 Minutes on a weekend - but if you were thinking of going into the city on a week day - avoid the commute periods on Rt 3. 6:30-9:30am north and 3:30 - 7:30pm south ... travel times could increase by 100% on a bad day... There is some parking over in the long wharf area ( a garage ) , but much more open space parking on seaport Ave. Again parking is at a premium on week days so public transport would be the best to get into the city.

Kevin

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
What would I do without you Kevin? Thanks so much for being my "man in the field"! It is great that you can elaborate on these things and I am sure everyone will appreciate your expertise! Other than not riding during commuter times the information seemed to be pretty accurate on their website.

Status
Not open for further replies.