EVENT: Heartland Regional Rally: MA, Middleboro - 7/17/2014 to 7/20/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

recumbent615

Founding MA Chapter Leader-retired
What would I do without you Kevin? Thanks so much for being my "man in the field"! It is great that you can elaborate on these things and I am sure everyone will appreciate your expertise! Other than not riding during commuter times the information seemed to be pretty accurate on their website.

Debbie - Riding the commuter trains is fine no matter when you do it - I was warning against attempting a drive into the city during those windows... the public transportation information is accurate and the web site is updated to reflect any abnormal delays.

Kevin

TomSt

Past New Jersey Chapter Leader
Sounds like a plan!! I would suggest checking the toll, number of tokens, eeach way. When my sister lived up there it was four to the city BUT five to get back.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Debbie - Riding the commuter trains is fine no matter when you do it - I was warning against attempting a drive into the city during those windows... the public transportation information is accurate and the web site is updated to reflect any abnormal delays.

Kevin

Thanks Kevin! I would love to go into the city on a weekday!

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Sounds like a plan!! I would suggest checking the toll, number of tokens, eeach way. When my sister lived up there it was four to the city BUT five to get back.

Tom will you and Mary be back from your Big Adventure and able to join us or will you still be out west? Hope you will be back!

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Ginger and I are looking at visiting the bar where the tv show "Cheers" was filmed at. I need to sit at the bar stool where "NORM" sat at. That would be cool!!!

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Ginger and I are looking at visiting the bar where the tv show "Cheers" was filmed at. I need to sit at the bar stool where "NORM" sat at. That would be cool!!!

Being as how you brought it up - I could use a Norm Burger!

There are two locations so make sure you go to the original one at 84 Beacon Street if you have this need to sit where Norm sat!

Here is a link to the Cheers Website.

recumbent615

Jamie,

You and Ginger will find that there are two "Cheers" in Boston now. The original "Bull and Finch Pub", now called "Cheers Beacon Hill" and a new one at Faneuil Hall that is Modeled after the TV set. So it has come 360 degrees. The TV Bar was loosely modeled after the Bull and Finch Pub on Beacon Street in Boston but the interior bears no resemblance to the TV BAR. and then the Faneuil Hall location was modeled after the Bar on the TV Show.

Kevin

Last edited:

TomSt

Past New Jersey Chapter Leader
Sorry we can not make it. But the NJ Rally is on our list. BTW todays Phil Inquirer has a great article on Boston in the travel section

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Cool Tom thanks. I will try to find it online. Hope you are feeling better and we'll get to see you soon.

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk 2

mrmagoo

First we have to narrow down our meal and we are thinking a catered New England Clam and Lobster Bake! The caterers will add in a non-seafood item or two for those allergic to seafood. Any thoughts???

Clams and Lobster sounds GREAT!

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Sounds good here too. At least add one non seafood item. In 20 years, I've never seen Ginger take one bite of seafood.

Jamie

jjriker

I'm not a lobster or clam person, but count Harry in. :) If soup is an option, I would give a vote for New England clam chowdah though! Yes, I know that is a contradiction but one that I can live with! :p

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Here is what we are going to shoot for if the price can be worked out! There seems to be lots of interest so........ we are working on it!
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]THE CLAM BOIL BARBECUE
Clam Chowder
Barbecue Chicken
Corn on the Cob
Potato Salad, Potato Chips
Watermelon
Steamed Clams
(Real) Drawn Butter, Clam Broth
Choice of Barbecue Sirloin Steak
or One Boiled Lobster
Choice of Coffee or Punch

[/FONT]

jjriker

here is what we are going to shoot for if the price can be worked out! There seems to be lots of interest so........ We are working on it!
the clam boil barbecue
clam chowder
barbecue chicken
corn on the cob
potato salad, potato chips
watermelon
steamed clams
(real) drawn butter, clam broth
choice of barbecue sirloin steak
or one boiled lobster
choice of coffee or punch

Yum. :rolleyes:

recumbent615

Here is what we are going to shoot for if the price can be worked out! There seems to be lots of interest so........ we are working on it!
THE CLAM BOIL BARBECUE
Clam Chowder
Barbecue Chicken
Corn on the Cob
Potato Salad, Potato Chips
Watermelon
Steamed Clams
(Real) Drawn Butter, Clam Broth
Choice of Barbecue Sirloin Steak
or One Boiled Lobster
Choice of Coffee or Punch

Ok Deb - Now that my mouth is watering - I have to wait a whole year ...

Oh wait I live here - no waiting needed.

sounds like this is going to be a great Rally

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
I have been working on the shirt design. Feel free to comment or submit a design of your own!

Attachments

• Rally Shirt Back.pdf
    115.6 KB · Views: 25
Status
Not open for further replies.